1

Topic: Help with "original Costumes" on display

Need some Expert opinions here please...
There is a man who has been moving from city to city in Germany with his "original" james Bond Costumes and Props and it has already arisen that he lied about one item (on TV!) as he said he owned one of the 3 original Jetpack Rocket Belts from Thunderball... It turns out that it is a cheap fake knocked together from DIY parts (this has been confirmed by William Suitor, the oroginal Rocket Belt Pilot)

I would like to post a few photos and ask the opinions of the experts here on a few of the items.. I can show more if the interest is great enough... this is just the tip of the iceberg.

People pay hard earned money to see this and being told it is real..... maybe some of it is, that's why I'd like the experts here to have a look!

Original Solange Dress
https://i.postimg.cc/ZBsBtKPS/dress-side-by-side2.png

https://i.postimg.cc/sBNs3BLw/Dress-side-by-side.jpg

Original Karin Dor Dress

https://i.postimg.cc/K4nSHsm9/dor-dress-2-bochum.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/0MSRxVDy/dor-dress-4-bochum.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/87T14gWB/dor-dress-screenshot3.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wtv9K5w1/karin-dor-dress-side-by-side.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cgtZCxyZ/karin-dor-dress-side-by-side-3.jpg


Original Jetpack ( Confirmed Fake by William Suitor - original Jetpack Pilot here Left one original- right one in exhibition)

https://i.postimg.cc/LJCfzT7D/jet-pack-side-by-side.png

https://i.postimg.cc/sMK30H4F/jetpack1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/LJCfzT7D/jet-pack-side-by-side.png

Original Connery Commander Uniform and Cap
https://i.postimg.cc/vxWs70ZN/uniform-hat-sde-by-side.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/hfBg4RCW/uniform-side-by-side.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/CzvHNSnb/uniform-medals.jpg

Original Brioni Suit
https://i.postimg.cc/sMqdGFVJ/IMG-8766.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cK3qQDCG/IMG-8767.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vxQpwbzG/IMG-8769.jpg

Another Brioni

https://i.postimg.cc/3dfzzMDH/IMG-8772.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/WtTRkwPx/IMG-8773.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cvV24Qm9/IMG-8774.jpg

Original Moonraker Uniform

https://i.postimg.cc/phMwkD5h/IMG-8776.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/QVb2kK8C/IMG-8779.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/BXndhZbg/IMG-8782.jpg

2

Re: Help with "original Costumes" on display

That Bell rocket belt is amazing. IMO there is not a single detail about it which is correct including the colour!  ajb007/insane

3

Re: Help with "original Costumes" on display

IMO none of these look original. Just looking at the red dress it looks to me clear that there are things that do not match (i.e: the sequin shoulder strap being attached  to the side instead of to the top...) and happens the same with the other costumes. They look cheap and rudimentary to me.

4

Re: Help with "original Costumes" on display

Solange Dress - fake. Look at the hem lines. Totally different.
Karin Dor Dress - fake. Higher neck line.

5

Re: Help with "original Costumes" on display

The solange dress shouldn’t be hard to get a real version of anyway, was an off the peg bridesmaid/prom dress!

6

Re: Help with "original Costumes" on display

Chris,
I Just ran across these images in my files. It was a 2016 eBay auction item. 
You'll notice it's the same thing.    --Ed

                                   
https://i.postimg.cc/7bhbBVbH/007-TB-Bell-Textron-Jetpack-Rep-1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ppnrvLD3/007-TB-Bell-Textron-Jetpack-Rep-2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZvWRCTXB/007-TB-Bell-Textron-Jetpack-Rep-3.jpg

7

Re: Help with "original Costumes" on display

IceQ wrote:

The solange dress shouldn’t be hard to get a real version of anyway, was an off the peg bridesmaid/prom dress!

Really? I thought the Bond wardrobe department would have had more style than to buy a Prom Dress that you can buy off the peg! Do you know this for sure? where did you read this?

8

Re: Help with "original Costumes" on display

thespyboys11 wrote:

Chris,
I Just ran across these images in my files. It was a 2016 eBay auction item. 
You'll notice it's the same thing.    --Ed

                                   
https://i.postimg.cc/7bhbBVbH/007-TB-Bell-Textron-Jetpack-Rep-1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ppnrvLD3/007-TB-Bell-Textron-Jetpack-Rep-2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZvWRCTXB/007-TB-Bell-Textron-Jetpack-Rep-3.jpg


Thanks Ed, you're the man! ... another nail in his coffin :-)

9

Re: Help with "original Costumes" on display

modelmaker007 wrote:
IceQ wrote:

The solange dress shouldn’t be hard to get a real version of anyway, was an off the peg bridesmaid/prom dress!

Really? I thought the Bond wardrobe department would have had more style than to buy a Prom Dress that you can buy off the peg! Do you know this for sure? where did you read this?

Commonly known - Jenny Packham designed it, one of her most popular dresses