1

Topic: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Hey!
Any guesses on who is the kidnapped scientist?
I think it could be Billy Magnussen.
But it would seem more plausible for a female character for Bond to rescue.

Safin's 'dangerous new technology'?
Safin appears to be making a robot version of himself and is uploading his memory and personality to the mask.
It seems he may also have nuclear ambitions. Is it a submarine he's in at the end?
He may plan to eliminate the human race through nuclear combined with Chemical Warfare.
Then he can control the age of robots which will follow the human race.
The carefully planned robotic incarnation of himself will be well prepared to rule the new age.
Seems like it'll be a great fight at the end at least.

How about the ending?
Would it really end once again with Dr. Swann and 007? Surely that would be too repetitive.
I think the film could wrap up in London with Bond only amongst his MI6 colleagues. Bond perhaps enjoys a kiss with new the Moneypenny with Q awkwardly looking on.
It could be the goodbye to the franchise as we know it.
Netflix or Amazon Prime would surely be prepared to pay a lot to secure the 007 rights for a while.
007 as a brand has more potential than 1 movie every 5 years and there must be TV bosses that know it.

Let me know your thoughts! This is a huge Bond film and we need to speculate on the huge questions surrounding it.

Last edited by Christmas Tounes (6th Dec 2019 23:11)

2

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Some interesting theories there Christmas, but I think this...

Christmas Tounes wrote:

Safin appears to be making a robot version of himself and is uploading his memory and personality to the mask.
It seems he may also have nuclear ambitions. Is it a submarine he's in at the end?
He may plan to eliminate the human race through nuclear combined with Chemical Warfare.
Then he can control the age of robots which will follow the human race.
The carefully planned robotic incarnation of himself will be well prepared to rule the new age.

...is far too far-fetched/science fiction for a modern Bond film and would be a complete deviation from the realistic nature of the Craig films. It sounds it could work if it was set many decades into the future, but making it part of the current Bond series would be horrible.

3

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Christmas Tounes wrote:

Safin's 'dangerous new technology'?
Safin appears to be making a robot version of himself and is uploading his memory and personality to the mask.
It seems he may also have nuclear ambitions. Is it a submarine he's in at the end?
He may plan to eliminate the human race through nuclear combined with Chemical Warfare.
Then he can control the age of robots which will follow the human race.
The carefully planned robotic incarnation of himself will be well prepared to rule the new age.
Seems like it'll be a great fight at the end at least


Isn't this kind of what Daltons 3rd Bond movie was supposed to be about?

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

4

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Mr Martini wrote:
Christmas Tounes wrote:

Safin's 'dangerous new technology'?
Safin appears to be making a robot version of himself and is uploading his memory and personality to the mask.
It seems he may also have nuclear ambitions. Is it a submarine he's in at the end?
He may plan to eliminate the human race through nuclear combined with Chemical Warfare.
Then he can control the age of robots which will follow the human race.
The carefully planned robotic incarnation of himself will be well prepared to rule the new age.
Seems like it'll be a great fight at the end at least


Isn't this kind of what Daltons 3rd Bond movie was supposed to be about?

I don't think so. There was a scene where the robot arms in a puclear power plants were hacked by someone from the outside, but nothing like this.

5

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

I watched Dr No again last night and i'm sure there is something similar going on in No time to die.

Rami malek's safin press photo sees him wearing a japanese style outfit
Dr No and the trailer both reference "trying to be god" and nuclear power.
Dr No and Safin's lairs both seem to be constructed with the same materials (granite/marble)

No, Time to die ......maybe

6

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

JTM wrote:

Some interesting theories there Christmas, but I think this...

Christmas Tounes wrote:

Safin appears to be making a robot version of himself and is uploading his memory and personality to the mask.
It seems he may also have nuclear ambitions. Is it a submarine he's in at the end?
He may plan to eliminate the human race through nuclear combined with Chemical Warfare.
Then he can control the age of robots which will follow the human race.
The carefully planned robotic incarnation of himself will be well prepared to rule the new age.

...is far too far-fetched/science fiction for a modern Bond film and would be a complete deviation from the realistic nature of the Craig films. It sounds it could work if it was set many decades into the future, but making it part of the current Bond series would be horrible.

Robot technology is advancing at astonishing speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSjKoEva5bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3YW-3KCzU

7

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Gala Brand wrote:
JTM wrote:

Some interesting theories there Christmas, but I think this...

Christmas Tounes wrote:

Safin appears to be making a robot version of himself and is uploading his memory and personality to the mask.
It seems he may also have nuclear ambitions. Is it a submarine he's in at the end?
He may plan to eliminate the human race through nuclear combined with Chemical Warfare.
Then he can control the age of robots which will follow the human race.
The carefully planned robotic incarnation of himself will be well prepared to rule the new age.

...is far too far-fetched/science fiction for a modern Bond film and would be a complete deviation from the realistic nature of the Craig films. It sounds it could work if it was set many decades into the future, but making it part of the current Bond series would be horrible.

Robot technology is advancing at astonishing speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSjKoEva5bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3YW-3KCzU

Yes but current accelerated advancements in robotic technology still doesn’t make it any less absurd and unrealistic that in the near future, some “super villain” will eliminate the whole human race with nuclear and chemical weapons and replace them all with humanoid robots that a robotic clone of that villain will rule. A plot like that is definitely not a Bond movie, it’s something you’d see in the Terminator or Blade Runner universes.

8

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

I agree. This plot is completely unfitting for a Bond Movie.

9

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Mr Martini wrote:
Christmas Tounes wrote:

Safin's 'dangerous new technology'?
Safin appears to be making a robot version of himself and is uploading his memory and personality to the mask.
It seems he may also have nuclear ambitions. Is it a submarine he's in at the end?
He may plan to eliminate the human race through nuclear combined with Chemical Warfare.
Then he can control the age of robots which will follow the human race.
The carefully planned robotic incarnation of himself will be well prepared to rule the new age.
Seems like it'll be a great fight at the end at least


Isn't this kind of what Daltons 3rd Bond movie was supposed to be about?

That'd be a pretty good reason to explain the Dalton callback through the V8!

10

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Barbara Broccoli teased about Rami Malek’s Safin.

"He is really the supervillain. He’s the one that really gets under Bond’s skin. He’s a nasty piece of work."

I don't think it's a submarine at the end, but more of Safrin's lair where he's farming algae to manufacture some sort of poison or nerve agent or something. Safrin's skin is really weird and I think he wants to do something similar to Bond's skin - maybe it's a side effect of whatever he's making.

11

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

I don't think the algea needs to produce a poison. A type of algae that's fast growing and agressive enough, perhaps because the genes are altered, can kill all life in the oscean.

Last edited by Number24 (9th Dec 2019 19:59)

12

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

There is definitely a bigger and more exciting plot coming in NTTD than in any of the previous Craig movies.

Since it's Craig's last Bond they may as well go out with a bang and try something new.
Connery had YOLT, Moore had Moonraker, Brosnan had Die Another Day and this could be Craig's go at pushing the boundaries.

Interesting point about algae destroying ocean life.

I believe Safin's lair could be underwater in a homage to The Spy Who Loved Me.

In fact, I expect there will be more than a few nods to the Moore movies with Roger passing away 2 years after Spectre.

13

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Hey I think I'm right?
Check the trailer where Bond says 'History isn't kind to men who play God' in Safin's lair.

On the walls you can see the reflections of water!
The shape and design of the compound also seem to be constructed with incredible strength to withstand the pressure of water.

14

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

I don't think the reflections of water means it's under water, but I agree the place looks like it may be constructed to withstand water pressure. It could be underwater.

15

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

We can see the water reflections are coming from windows which are built into the lower part of the wall, and from an opening on the roof.

The reflections are coming from water outside (the ocean).

16

Re: (Spoilers) The kidnapped Scientist & Safin's Technology

Could be ...