3,326

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

oooh, affordable, but I don't like that look at all, personal preference I guess, but the search goes on for me.
KH

3,327

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Do you guys think it would be worth it to share the effect of “the bond connection” with the folks over at Huckberry... let them know they will sell out every pair they get in. Just a thought. They’re SO CLOSE to the drakes. And I have two pair of astorflex already that i love.

3,328

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

it sure can't hurt, I just don't know if the folks answering emails really have much influence but who knows.

3,329

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

When I emailed Huckberry I specifically mentioned the new Bond film and suggested they pass along the request to their buyers because it would be a big seller.

3,330

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I bought the j crew they are identical and are made by astorflex, I have not done it yet but I looked into it and you can dye suede pretty easily. So if you hit them 50 percent off like I did, I paid a little over 50 usd and 10-15usd for dyes and supply. Some time spent you could get darn close I’d suspect.

3,331

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

A bit of a throwback but does anyone knows a good alternative to the Tom Ford Solden jacket?Most of the old ones are sold out besides Moncler/CanadaGoose.

3,332

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

lotusguy2001 wrote:

I bought the j crew they are identical and are made by astorflex, I have not done it yet but I looked into it and you can dye suede pretty easily. So if you hit them 50 percent off like I did, I paid a little over 50 usd and 10-15usd for dyes and supply. Some time spent you could get darn close I’d suspect.

?

Did you purchase the anchor grey or stone with the intent of dying them?  when do you plan to dye them?  Would love to see the finished product.

3,333

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Dell wrote:

A bit of a throwback but does anyone knows a good alternative to the Tom Ford Solden jacket?Most of the old ones are sold out besides Moncler/CanadaGoose.

Yes, seconded. I wouldn't mind something like that for when it's chilly.

3,334

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Anybody find a decent alternative for Madelyn's Matera red dress?
KH

3,335

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Wore my Maden wax canvas jacket (Rogue territory Supply jacket alternative) out in the rain today. The jacket was relatively water repelling. Noticed a mix of water-beading and water soaking through the material. But the biggest problem I'd noticed was that when the water droplet dried it left marks on the material itself.
https://i.postimg.cc/sBgPfLLx/82484472-2659601237457703-5442416664379392000-n.jpg

It's not such a big deal for me as IMHO it adds to the rugged character of the jacket. But for those who are thinking of getting one I thought you should know this ahead of time.

3,336

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

bosoxfan wrote:
lotusguy2001 wrote:

I bought the j crew they are identical and are made by astorflex, I have not done it yet but I looked into it and you can dye suede pretty easily. So if you hit them 50 percent off like I did, I paid a little over 50 usd and 10-15usd for dyes and supply. Some time spent you could get darn close I’d suspect.

?

Did you purchase the anchor grey or stone with the intent of dying them?  when do you plan to dye them?  Would love to see the finished product.


My J. Crews came today, wow they really seem comfortable and look very nice, I'm going to take them to a professional tomorrow to see how dying them would work.

3,337

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Anyone looking for an affordable alternative to the MA Duster coat should have a look at ASOS https://www.asos.com/prd/13238342?acqui … pasteboard

3,338

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Great affordable alternative for the Rogue Territory jacket. Jacket is a small and fits nice and snug. The retail price on this item is $198 but it’s selling for £80 ($104) so if anyone is interested give me a shout. I thought this would be the best thread for it as we’re all looking for affordable alternatives!

https://i.postimg.cc/XrfBNszp/443-F5-B5-A-94-AE-43-DF-B8-CB-C72-F1-C5545-A9.png

3,339

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Greetings from New York! Well, after 2 months of complete and total chaos, I'm finally getting settled in the new home. Still waiting on an internet connection and 42 boxes are arriving tomorrow (there goes the weekend  ajb007/insane ). But overall things have been going pretty smoothly for the first 2 weeks.

I'll be getting back to IA next week and I'm damn excited to get rolling again on the site instead of assembling new furniture and cutting up giant cardboard boxes. Hope everyone is doing great!

Cheers all!
John

3,340

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:

Greetings from New York! Well, after 2 months of complete and total chaos, I'm finally getting settled in the new home. Still waiting on an internet connection and 42 boxes are arriving tomorrow (there goes the weekend  ajb007/insane ). But overall things have been going pretty smoothly for the first 2 weeks.

I'll be getting back to IA next week and I'm damn excited to get rolling again on the site instead of assembling new furniture and cutting up giant cardboard boxes. Hope everyone is doing great!

Cheers all!
John

Great to hear, and congrats on the move! And even happier to have you nearby!

3,341

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Matt S wrote:

Great to hear, and congrats on the move! And even happier to have you nearby!

Thanks and I'm looking forward to finally meeting up, Matt! I'll let you know the next time I head into the city and maybe we can grab a drink!

3,342

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:
Matt S wrote:

Great to hear, and congrats on the move! And even happier to have you nearby!

Thanks and I'm looking forward to finally meeting up, Matt! I'll let you know the next time I head into the city and maybe we can grab a drink!

Most definitely!

3,343

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Welcome back John! Glad the move’s been going well  ajb007/martini

3,344

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:

Greetings from New York! Well, after 2 months of complete and total chaos, I'm finally getting settled in the new home. Still waiting on an internet connection and 42 boxes are arriving tomorrow (there goes the weekend  ajb007/insane ). But overall things have been going pretty smoothly for the first 2 weeks.

I'll be getting back to IA next week and I'm damn excited to get rolling again on the site instead of assembling new furniture and cutting up giant cardboard boxes. Hope everyone is doing great!

Cheers all!
John

Yay! Welcome back Sir - hope all is good. You have been missed. 

Now...get to it...there’s work to be done!  ajb007/wink

Yes. Considerably.

3,345

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:

Greetings from New York! Well, after 2 months of complete and total chaos, I'm finally getting settled in the new home. Still waiting on an internet connection and 42 boxes are arriving tomorrow (there goes the weekend  ajb007/insane ). But overall things have been going pretty smoothly for the first 2 weeks.

I'll be getting back to IA next week and I'm damn excited to get rolling again on the site instead of assembling new furniture and cutting up giant cardboard boxes. Hope everyone is doing great!

Cheers all!
John


Glad the move is going well, but it will be awesome to get IA back, you have been missed for sure.
Kelly

3,346

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Apologies if this has been posted already, but saw this as a very good alternative to the NTTD Omega watch:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-5-SRPD73 … SwzVdeOocz

Has anybody found it cheaper somewhere?
K

3,347

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I was at C&A yesterday and have found this:

https://i.postimg.cc/DWnbjHwr/MVIMG-20200204-171443-154.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/wtq7cNwF/MVIMG-20200204-170942-599.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/gnhXYmwy/MVIMG-20200204-170932-887.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/RWz3hyfk/MVIMG-20200204-171027-145.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/pmYmFCJp/MVIMG-20200204-171233-073.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/xJjMChrf/IMG-20200204-171448-107.jpg

as you can see the its out of thin corduroy and even the colour is very similar to the Matera MA Suit, Material is 100% Cotton and the whole suit is on sale and costs 60 € total which is pretty affordable.
now two bad news:
they have stores in nearly every european country except UK (of course).
I have asked them if they have the suit in their online-shop but they sell this item at their stores only.

Last edited by Noi (7th Feb 2020 11:56)

3,348

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Johhhhhhhnnnn!   BTW, did anyone find a good alternbative to the Brunello shirt worn with the Sloop suit...?

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

3,349

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

bosoxfan wrote:

Apologies if this has been posted already, but saw this as a very good alternative to the NTTD Omega watch:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-5-SRPD73 … SwzVdeOocz

Has anybody found it cheaper somewhere?
K


Jomashop has this watch for 219 I believe.

3,350

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

The Bond Experience wrote:

Johhhhhhhnnnn!   BTW, did anyone find a good alternbative to the Brunello shirt worn with the Sloop suit...?

Davvvv ... id!  ajb007/biggrin

Blue button down shirt is one of the first things I'll be working on. Although DB6 mentioned a couple of options one page back.

Quick question: for the Maden waxed trucker jacket, how much did everyone size up by? I'm a medium/40 suit jacket in almost everything. Not sure if I need a large or XL since I'm right in the middle between those two on the sizing chart.

Cheers!