Re: Izabella Stuff

Number24 wrote:

Now I remember, you mentioned it years ago. Just like then I'll bask in envy for a while. I guess it was a lucky day for both of you. You got to see her and she get to not get cast in DAD.  ajb007/biggrin

It certainly was a jaw dropping moment, if she had of been cast it might have been a better film. Tamahori ruined that film.

Personally I think Vic Armstrong deserved a crack of the whip as Director  ajb007/martini

Trust No One

Seconded. About the time of TWINE I was pretty sure that was the direction (no pun intended) they were going in, but sadly it was not.

Barbel wrote:

Seconded. About the time of TWINE I was pretty sure that was the direction (no pun intended) they were going in, but sadly it was not.

Like I said, Tamahori screwed that film up, the parachute part was meant to be Bond climbing a wall of ice, there were many changes from the script.

Trust No One

Also, Wai Lin was back, she helped Bond in Hong Kong, she drives him to a secret location and you had to drive through a car wash to enter. The set was built and everything, I saw it myself.

Trust No One

Would Vic Armstrong have been able to handle the drama scenes? He's obviously great at filming stunt scenes, but emotional scenes with actors sitting down is something else.

Number24 wrote:

Would Vic Armstrong have been able to handle the drama scenes? He's obviously great at filming stunt scenes, but emotional scenes with actors sitting down is something else.

EON thought so, MGM didn't , they wanted a named Director

Trust No One

Hiring someone in-house with no experience as a first unit director worked fine in OHMSS, so I can't  claime it could have worked. Another question is how many of the bad desicions in DAD came from the director and what was the producers or the scriptwriters' fault.

Number24 wrote:

Hiring someone in-house with no experience as a first unit director worked fine in OHMSS, so I can't  claime it could have worked. Another question is how many of the bad desicions in DAD came from the director and what was the producers or the scriptwriters' fault.

Like I been saying, it was Tamahori that ruined the film, I sat on his table at the Christmas meal at Pinewood and he was talking about the changes he was making to the script.

Another snip of information, Col Moon was originally Col Sun, he had an underground complex in Korea

Trust No One

That's interesting information and it confirms that Lee Tamahori should never be forgiven against his crimes against Bond.

But we're getting off topic. Here is Daryl Hannah:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/35/4e/db/354edb3551831dca88ea919cc057b9dc.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/38/d9/fd/38d9fddc440615854d59531eb1c39395--daryl-hannah-kill-bill.jpg