16,976

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

I have seen a couple of films starring James Robertson Justice. I was unaware that he had a connection with Ian Fleming. His life was a full one, with many adventures so I hope you will like to read about his story here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Robertson_Justice

16,977

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Really liking the recent AJB interview threads!

I think it's great that we get an opportunity to ask Bond cast and crew questions about thier time on the films that they worked on.

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

16,978

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

ajb007/cheers  Much appreciated.

16,979

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Really liking the recent AJB interview threads!

I think it's great that we get an opportunity to ask Bond cast and crew questions about thier time on the films that they worked on.

I agree—It's amazing that we've been able to get access to all of these interviewees! Fantastic work with everything ajb007/martini

16,980

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

I think it's almost impressive to take a discussion on the Craig is Back-thread so far it has to be closed. I have first-hand experience in contributing to political threads being closed, but this is something else  ajb007/lol
What's next? One of the clothing threads or perhaps the Shakespear thread?

16,981

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

It wasn't closed, .....  just "prorogued"  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

16,982

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

16,983

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

JTM wrote:
hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Really liking the recent AJB interview threads!

I think it's great that we get an opportunity to ask Bond cast and crew questions about thier time on the films that they worked on.

I agree—It's amazing that we've been able to get access to all of these interviewees! Fantastic work with everything ajb007/martini

.Not sure who Barbel's contacts are,but he does function in our absence.

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

16,984

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

I have friends in low places.

16,985

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Yesterday I finally collected all 10 series of Spooks  ajb007/martini  and I've just got the
last two series of Hustle to complete that other brilliant series  ajb007/smile

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

16,986

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

For some reason internet doesn't work on my computer now (I'm in the Library). While I miss AJB, it may surprise the younger memebers that it's possible to stay alive and even have fairly meaningful lives without being online all the time. Still, I'm trying to fix the problem.

16,987

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Number24 wrote:

For some reason internet doesn't work on my computer now (I'm in the Library). While I miss AJB, it may surprise the younger memebers that it's possible to stay alive and even have fairly meaningful lives without being online all the time. Still, I'm trying to fix the problem.

Funnily enough I've been in the same predicament for a while as my PC at home keeps crashing as soon as it loads up each time. I will have to get it fixed soon (luckily my brother fixes computers) but until then I've just been relying on my smartphone to access AJB.

I too am writing this post from the library. I couldn't agree more with what you say about the virtues of meaningful life offline! A break from the internet is certainly no bad thing sometimes. In fact, I'd say it's healthy. 

Hope you get your internet back soon. ajb007/smile

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

16,988

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

A gold toilet has been stolen from Blenheim Palace
Police say .... they have nothing to go on.  ajb007/takecover

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

16,989

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTT8uLcvKfQ

To find a german LC from the early 60s in this good shape is a treat , usually theyre worn to hell/pin holes/sometimes even trimmed etc  ajb007/heart

16,990

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Thunderpussy wrote:

A gold toilet has been stolen from Blenheim Palace
Police say .... they have nothing to go on.  ajb007/takecover

I believe the police have arrested two people in connection with this theft.

I wonder if the owner was called Scaramanga?  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

16,991

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

I guess they got a shower of information  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

16,992

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Silhouette Man wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

A gold toilet has been stolen from Blenheim Palace
Police say .... they have nothing to go on.  ajb007/takecover

I believe the police have arrested two people in connection with this theft.

I wonder if the owner was called Scaramanga?  ajb007/biggrin

Bef Goldfinger stole it!

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

16,993

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

hehadlotsofguts wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

A gold toilet has been stolen from Blenheim Palace
Police say .... they have nothing to go on.  ajb007/takecover

I believe the police have arrested two people in connection with this theft.

I wonder if the owner was called Scaramanga?  ajb007/biggrin

Bef Goldfinger stole it!

Yes, Goldfinger should be the chief suspect in this case. After all, he is on record as saying: "I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock - which is considerable.ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

16,994

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Congratulations  to Ben Whishaw on his Emmy win  ajb007/martini

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

16,995

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Check it out: Little Nellie flew around the world.

Hilly...you old devil!

16,996

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Now that the Supreme Court has ruled, I think it‘s time that the UK politics thread will get reopened.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

16,997

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Do any other members agree?

16,998

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

We should have at least get the chance to quote and confirm my prediction that he may become the shortest serving UK PM in history  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

16,999

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

And even the Supreme Court ruled that the prorogation was illegal, so also yours, Barbel  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

17,000

Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Parliament  back sitting ! This is great news  ajb007/cheers
This Brexit thing will be sorted out now, in just
A couple of days  ajb007/biggrin

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”