Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Barbel wrote:

Do any other members agree?

But it is not a ‘discussion’ thread, is it? Why should it be reopened if only one 'side' can express opinions with out being shouted down? 
https://i.postimg.cc/qN7SK4nw/steven-bray-founder-of-sodem-stand-of-defiance-european-movement.jpg

I don't know where to say this. But I saw a book called (I Think) 'The Film Posters of James Bond' showing the different posters of various countries. It is a second hand book. It is for sale at £10. Should I buy it?

Joshua wrote:

I don't know where to say this. But I saw a book called (I Think) 'The Film Posters of James Bond' showing the different posters of various countries. It is a second hand book. It is for sale at £10. Should I buy it?

If it's a relatively large "coffee-table" book, then yes.  I am a Bond poster fanatic, I have a book like that, and it is fantastic.  Not only the posters, but stories behind many of them.  Caveat: my book only goes through CR.  If £10 is within your budget, it's probably worth it.

Hilly...you old devil!

Sir Hillary Bray wrote:
Joshua wrote:

If it's a relatively large "coffee-table" book, then yes.  I am a Bond poster fanatic, I have a book like that, and it is fantastic.  Not only the posters, but stories behind many of them.  Caveat: my book only goes through CR.  If £10 is within your budget, it's probably worth it.

Thank you for your advice. Yes it is a big book, a hard back. I think it only goes up to Pierce Brosnan films. I have seen it in a charity shop and almost bought it but did not know enough to be sure. I think I should have just bought it anyway to enjoy the great posters inside. I will return to the shop tomorrow to get it.

Barbel wrote:

Do any other members agree?

Personally speaking & for what it's worth - I think it's far too an emotive subject now, with very little chance of any middle ground being found between us all & no good has come from it (as been proven time & time again on there).

But hey ... we are supposedly a democracy, so let the people speak (well unless they come to the decision that no-one was expecting of course!)  ajb007/lol  ajb007/wink

The UK Politics thread has been closed many times but not because of opinions. It gets closed when arguments become personal, and sadly that happens all too often.
I don't want to get involved in a never-ending discussion on this subject, or for this thread to function as a surrogate for the UK Politics thread. So, everyone, please, I only want to know if there's a huge demand for it to be reopened. And no, 52/48 isn't a huge demand.  ajb007/wink

but it is my chest and waist measurements   ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

You must give me the name of your tailor....

https://i.imgur.com/ejCwO91_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

"It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"

Hope the deal will be right

~God Judges Us by Our Scars~

Tonight at 7pm on BBC2 George Lazenby is being interviewed.

Question: How does the UK PM usually travel?

The german airforce has a (crappy) fleet of state planes which is usually used by the cancellor and the ministers. Is there something similar in the UK or is that a matter for British Airways (or Easyjet  ajb007/biggrin )

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Higgins wrote:

The german airforce has a (crappy) fleet of state planes which is usually used by the cancellor and the ministers. Is there something similar in the UK or is that a matter for British Airways (or Easyjet  ajb007/biggrin )

https://external-preview.redd.it/7a_iqSnsaDNABkxgJDq_hhmMlXp0B6TXwg7mgaGFBRk.jpg?auto=webp&s=aa42f6e3468e517efa41e8b857ac84d56fdfa909

"Any of the opposition around..?"

I think the Brexit thread should be re-opened. If you don't Higgins and  I will send the issue to the Supreme Court because we believe closing the thread is unlawful!  ajb007/biggrin

Not sure why that has appeared three times! Apologies.

[Sorted. Barbel]

"Any of the opposition around..?"

The Red Kind wrote:
Higgins wrote:

https://external-preview.redd.it/7a_iqSnsaDNABkxgJDq_hhmMlXp0B6TXwg7mgaGFBRk.jpg?auto=webp&s=aa42f6e3468e517efa41e8b857ac84d56fdfa909

Ah, now I understand what you guys mean with the „Tight ties between the US and the UK“  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Higgins wrote:

He likes buses!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/First_London_Routemaster_bus_RM1562_%28562_CLT%29%2C_heritage_route_9%2C_Kensington_High_Street%2C_27_August_2011_%281%29_uncropped.jpg

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

Due to the Empire, the UK still has a squadron  of
Flying Carpets, and these are used by the PM for
Travelling.  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Higgins wrote:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/31/09/064AFD4800000514-0-image-a-19_1535704236062.jpg

Higgins, where in Bratwurstland are you?

"It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"

hehadlotsofguts wrote:
Higgins wrote:

The german airforce has a (crappy) fleet ajb007/biggrin  of state planes which is usually used by the cancellor and the ministers. Is there something similar in the UK or is that a matter for British Airways (or Easyjet  ajb007/biggrin )

He likes buses!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/First_London_Routemaster_bus_RM1562_%28562_CLT%29%2C_heritage_route_9%2C_Kensington_High_Street%2C_27_August_2011_%281%29_uncropped.jpg

Correction: he likes painting old wooden wine crates as buses, complete with passengers inside.  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Joking aside,Higgins. I think he has a state car. Not sure

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

Thanks, I was merely interested in what he will use if he travels to the US for example.

As far as I know, the underwater Lotus is currently not usable.

Yo Higgins where in Germany are you? I am in Schwarzwald.

I am nearby Hamburg  ajb007/cheers

I really want to make a "hamburger" joke, but I fear it's been done before …..  ajb007/lol