Re: Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

https://i.postimg.cc/ppV8TwTj/IMG-20210108-103803.jpg

Back garden this morning.

I shall never get used to cold, your sort of cold anyway!

My wife (who will not watch James Bond) has been on night duties all week. I have been at home. ITV4 James Bond films every evening. Last night Thunderball. Apart from the speeded up boat footage and comedy parts of the cabin fight scene (where Bond is being held and Largo is punching him) a good film.

A good film made better by the actress who played Fiona Volpe!

Joshua wrote:

I shall never get used to cold, your sort of cold anyway!

When Mrs CHB first came to England it was end of summer but still in the high 70’s, temperatures wise, she used to go out in a coat to keep warm  ajb007/lol

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

You should try - 20 celsius (- 4 Fahrenheit I think). I have many times, but not where I live now. That's so cold you can take a bucket of warm water outside and throw the water up in the air, it freezes before it hits the ground.  ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/amazed  It's nothing like that cold here!

Not here either, it never happens on the south coast. But there was national service in the north, work in a couple of very cold villages  and a new years with friends in Lillehammer...

Number24 wrote:

You should try - 20 celsius (- 4 Fahrenheit I think). I have many times, but not where I live now. That's so cold you can take a bucket of warm water outside and throw the water up in the air, it freezes before it hits the ground.  ajb007/biggrin

That sounds like my bedroom!

ajb007/lol

Today an owl was found on the local bus  ajb007/biggrin

"What was sex with a Neandertal like?" reads a headline on BBC Future (shouldn't it be BBC History?)
I did not want to know....  ajb007/lol

Today is my 18th anniversary (14 January 2003) of joining AJB. I've finally come of age as a member here! I know I was away for some of that time but I'm glad I returned from the wilderness and took up posting duties again. Thanks to everyone here who makes it a pleasant place to discuss James Bond!  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

I'm glad you, much like Bond himself, returned  ajb007/bond
It's a pleasure to have you here.

Number24 wrote:

I'm glad you, much like Bond himself, returned  ajb007/bond
It's a pleasure to have you here.

Yes, Silhouette Man Will Return.

Thank you, Number24.  ajb007/smile

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

If anyone thinks everything is calm and boring in Norwegian politics I have news for you!
Today the partner of the former Minister of Justice got one year and eight months in jail for endangering democracy and for arsony. Back when it all happened her partner was minister (he resigned when the police arrested her) and there were several threats made against the couple, graffiti painted on their car and house and the car was set fire to. The police and the court now believe she did it herself to make political oponents (especially a tiny independent theatre she really disliked) look guilty. So, we sometimes have crazy poltics!  ajb007/insane  ajb007/biggrin

'I understand that in Norway a good many of your countrymen have their kids abducted by the State's Social Services for personal profit...'

https://i.postimg.cc/cvKkS4xN/iu-1.jpg

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

The Child Protection Services sometimes legally remove children from their parents to protect the children. It happens the Child Protection Service is wrong, but they never profit from it.

Silhouette Man wrote:

Today is my 18th anniversary (14 January 2003) of joining AJB. I've finally come of age as a member here! I know I was away for some of that time but I'm glad I returned from the wilderness and took up posting duties again. Thanks to everyone here who makes it a pleasant place to discuss James Bond!  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

always glad to see you here Silhouette Man. We need more Silhouette Man led literary discussion topics! those are always good.

Number24 wrote:

The Child Protection Services sometimes legally remove children from their parents to protect the children. It happens the Child Protection Service is wrong, but they never profit from it.

Hmm. should I get this book or not, then?

https://www.amazon.com/Stolen-Childhood … B07QB9P933

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

caractacus potts wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:

always glad to see you here Silhouette Man. We need more Silhouette Man led literary discussion topics! those are always good.

Thank you caractacus potts! It's always a pleasure to interact with you here. 2020 rather waylaid me with all its troubles but I have a few more ideas for literary Bond topics that I hope to cover in 2021. ajb007/smile

The Philippines was hailed as the second most “Instagrammable” — or very appealing to photographed and shared on the social media site Instagram—place in the world in 2021, by a global travel website.

In its list released Thursday, travel website Big 7 Travel said that the Philippines was “home to incredible natural wonders like an underground river and tranquil rice terraces in addition to a vibrant culture and history spanning several millennia.”

“From the bustling capital of Manila complete with colorful colonial streets to the absolute oasis of Boracay, the gram opportunities here are endless,” the website added.

“The Department of Tourism (DOT) celebrates the inclusion of the Philippines in the Most Instagrammable Places in the World list of the renowned travel website Big 7 Travel for the year 2021,” the DOT said.

I’m very proud to live here, as far as I’m concerned there is nowhere better.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Remy Julienne is in hospital with Covid.

Hope he gets better soon.

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"