Sheena Easton

Stacey SuttonStacey Sutton Posts: 12MI6 Agent
edited July 2003 in James Bond Music
Sheena easten's " for your eyes only " is the only desect thing about the movie, and i think FYEO is the best theme in the moore era. It fit in with bond, the same way "nobady does it better fits in with bond. i really need to know what people think about the theme and what u think about sheena....!

Comments

• asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    I really like the theme for FYEO, and when I was in Las Vegas in November of last year, I went to see Sheena perform at the Las Vegas Hilton.
    It was a great show, and Sheena still looks and sounds terrific.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    Not bad, on a compilation tape I put it on after Pulp's Underwear track, and the seediness complemented it well. A tad dirgelike song perhaps...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    edited July 2003
    Being a fan of the Moore 007 films in particular, I really enjoy the theme to FYEO! And I think Sheena Easton is absolutely gorgeous !!
    (I believe Sheena is the only Bond theme song performer to appear on film.....is this correct?! Anybody?!) :D
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    Quoting NAOMI_FAN 1:
    Being a fan of the Moore 007 films in particular, I really enjoy the theme to FYEO! And I think Sheena Easton is absolutely gorgeous !!
    (I believe Sheena is the only Bond theme song performer to appear on film.....is this correct?! Anybody?!) :D

Yes-you're correct,NAOMI_FAN1.Lovely Sheena Easton is the only singer in the history of the James Bond series to ever appear onscreen performing the movie's title song.I also think For Your Eyes Only is an excellent theme,and one of Bill Conti's best compositions.

W.G.
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Thanks W.G.! :)
  • Doake18Doake18 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    edited July 2003
    FYEO's opening title sequence, is probably my favorite. For some reason I really perfer for the actor who is playing bond in the movie to be featured in the title sequence and FYEO delievers that for me.

And yes, Sheena Easton is extremely attractive and talented. The producers took a bold step and it really paid off, by featuring her throughout the title song. I always enjoy watching her perform the classic tune.

I always hoped that she would do another theme song, and she still could! 9/10
  • TigerTiger Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    I always hear the theme to For Your Eyes Only being played in public places such as movie theaters and shopping malls, and it pleases me greatly; even tickles me. It's interesting that the song is remembered by the general public and is still popular. Great song and great Bond film. Probably Moore's best.
  • Vikingmike84Vikingmike84 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" is my favorite Bond song. For some odd reason, "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" is also my favorite Bond movie.

It's such a great song. As a new Bond fan, I only wished I could have seen it on the big screen. I saw "DIE ANOTHER DAY" which was the 1st Bond movie I saw and absolutely loved it. My 2nd fave Bond movie and my 2nd fave song.
  • TigerTiger Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    Quoting Vikingmike84:
    I saw "DIE ANOTHER DAY" which was the 1st Bond movie I saw and absolutely loved it. My 2nd fave Bond movie and my 2nd fave song.

Well, I guess there is someone out there who has to appreciate Madonna's theme song.
  • Ark RoyalArk Royal Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    FYEO epitomises Bond for the 1980s and sets the tone for the rest of the decade , in being more "down to earth" , moving away from the late 70 excesses of "Moonraker".

The theme song sung by the fantastic and brilliant vocalist Sheena Easton , is also the most romantic Bond song as well. I think the producers at that time really wanted to recruit contemporary female singers to perform the title songs.
    I think they were thinking of earlier , when Kate Bush was approached for "Moonraker".
  • KissyLoverKissyLover AustraliaPosts: 139MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    FYEO is not bad as Bond themes go and would be in my top 10 and I always thought Sheena Easton was a goregeous little hottie, just forget about the horrible fashion and hair cut they had her in in the title sequence....YUCK!!!

The last time I saw her intervied she looked fantastic and had long hair and a outfit that showed off her VERY NICE body :o ...she has a GREAT rack btw. {[]
  • the headlightthe headlight Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Its a good theme song yeah but its hardly the only good thing about the fricking movie! FYEO rocks, even if u dont like the movie u must agree Melina Havelock was another good thing about it.
  • FightingIrishFightingIrish Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    KissyLover wrote:
    FYEO is not bad as Bond themes go and would be in my top 10 and I always thought Sheena Easton was a goregeous little hottie, just forget about the horrible fashion and hair cut they had her in in the title sequence....YUCK!!!

The last time I saw her intervied she looked fantastic and had long hair and a outfit that showed off her VERY NICE body :o ...she has a GREAT rack btw. {[]

I remember back in the mid-80's, she was doing ads for some fitness place. She did look pretty damn good. Was also on "Miami Vice".

Oh, the things I used to think when I hear "Sugar Walls"...