Re: Last film seen...

The last film I saw was...um...Volcano. It obviously wasn't oscar worthy, but it was good mindless entertainment.

The Journey w/Y Brunner
Skyjacked w/C Heston
Brass Target w/S Loren

BT bored me , the others were good but not great , imo.

The last movie I saw in the theater was Spiderman 2!
The last movie I saw on DVD was Detonator (aka Death Train) starring Pierce Brosnan, Patrick Stewart and Christopher Lee! Good stuff!!

I just sat through a Clint Eastwood "festival" on DVD. We saw all Dirty Harry movies in one row.

Next in line is "The Fugitive" (1993), which I shamed to admit I haven't seen yet.

After that, we've decided on a Pam Grier "festival". Any suggestions besides "Coffy", "Foxy Brown", "Jackie Brown" and "Black Mama, White Mama". Not that won't be enough.

---
jfm

16 Years Of Alcohol by Richard Jobson.

Very disappointed, walked out. Started off very well with a quote (in voiceover form) about how hope is the currency of people who know they're losing in life... the more hope you have, the more the taste sours.

Sadly, this voice over continues throughout the film, sort of fortune cookie aphorisms as the lead (kevin McKidd, the sporty guy from Trainspotting with cropped hair here) tells us what we should be thinking in just about every scene... that "love is like a warm breeze, but when people lose hope, it becomes cold" and we hear chilly breeze on the soundtrack... and so on.

It's set in Glasgow I think, or Edinburgh, and follows a troubled youth about to be redeemed by the love of his life, but sadly McKidd is 30 if he's a day, not 18 as he's surely meant to be here.

Not sure if there's a genre either in which interaction between the characters is delieberatly devoid of any ring of truth, if so, Jobson's found it.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Quoting MAHO:
I just sat through a Clint Eastwood "festival" on DVD. We saw all Dirty Harry movies in one row.

Next in line is "The Fugitive" (1993), which I shamed to admit I haven't seen yet.

After that, we've decided on a Pam Grier "festival". Any suggestions besides "Coffy", "Foxy Brown", "Jackie Brown" and "Black Mama, White Mama". Not that won't be enough.

---
jfm

Which Callahan was your fav? ajb007/smile

And as for the Pam Grier festival, try Friday Foster (with Yaphet Kotto!) - or the Big Doll House Or Arena Or any of 'em, Pam rocks!

I just saw Old School. Its was an ok movie for me up to the point when they were recruiting new pledges for the frat. Master of Puppets !!!

Just watched Hellboy and really enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular, but it was entertaining and has quite a few laughs in it - it would be nice to see a sequel.

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

I saw Matchstick Men recently and enjoyed it for the most part. Nic Cage isn't my one of my favorite actors but he plays a pretty tough role well.

i saw Reservior Dogs recently. It was very good.

I saw I, Robot at the cinema yesterday. Quite a decent film. The story makes you think, and the effects are wonderful! Also, Will Smith was brilliant!

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

I just watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - again ajb007/smile Oh and Gothika again. ajb007/smile

Michelle Yeoh is fantastic opposite Chow Yun Fat, and  Halle Berry is much better in Gothika than I think she is likely to be in Catwoman.

mhmm  Catwoman..... candidate for the turkey award i think.... nothing to do with Selina Kyle..
something rather funny: Sharon Stone is the villain, and has a special cream which she applies to make her go stiff!!!!!!!!!!!
(I don't think i want to know what that means )
anybody who knows, enlighten me :-)

last film i watched in the Cinema was Spiderman 2,
thought it was marginally better than the first one, both good if nothing special.

In the cinema:
I,robot - really enjoyed this, i expected something full of "atitude" but instead it was pretty interesting, mature and well thought about

At home:
The Bourne Identity - I loved this film and it's made it's way into my top 10 already. The whole storyline is gripping, gritty and realistic. Also it's anti-hollywood presence is reassuring..

Quoting Alex:

Which Callahan was your fav? ajb007/smile

And as for the Pam Grier festival, try Friday Foster (with Yaphet Kotto!) - or the Big Doll House Or Arena Or any of 'em, Pam rocks!

I'd chose either one of the three first, maybe The Enforcer.

Of your Grier suggestions, I saw Big Doll House at a local DVD shop but opted for not buying it, as apparently Grier is not really in it for the whoole film through, right?

Foxy Brown rocks!

---
jfm

Last night at home I watched Livewire, which I've seen before.
Cinema, Laws of Attraction, I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it very funny.
I love the LOTR trilogy, Gollom is great.
I want to see The Passion, Farenhiet 911, I Robot, Thunderbirds and Garfield.
When I go to bed I'll be watching Die Another Day.
Take care and enjoy
Omega

The League of Extraordinary Gentleman. It's an impressive DVD with incredible picture quality. It is highly entertaining, and in his mid-seventies Sir Sean that he is still the grandest of all action movie heroes. I definitely recommend this film.

Jackie Brown.  I'm not a Tarantino fan, but this never fails to crack me up.  And the 70s music just seals the deal. ajb007/smile

I recently watched Morituri on DVD, after FINALLY finding it! What a great film! Yul Brenner and Marlon Brando are brilliant, and I loved Janet Margolin in this!

Last edited by NAOMI_FAN 1 (13th Aug 2004 02:02)

Today I watched my beat up videotape of The Wonderful World Of The Brothers Grimm with Lawrence Harvey, Barbara Eden, and Terry Nichols. Grand flick made in the tradition of the big hearted family movies of the early sixties. They don't make them like this anymore.

I'm going to see Reservior Dogs tonight again on Spike TV.

I watched The Chronicles Of Riddick last night - it's pretty awful. They must have paid Dame Judy Dench a bucket load of cash to appear in it !

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

Zardoz.

Enough said.

---
jfm

I just saw the German Film Goodbye, Lenin!, and I absolutely loved it.  It came out in theaters in June, but it's available on DVD now.  The actors all give great performances, especially the actor playing Alex whose name I have temporarily forgotten.

Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.

Finding Nemo! ajb007/biggrin