Re: Last film seen...

Quoting scaramanga1:
Finding Nemo! ajb007/biggrin

I've seen it several times. It's just as good every time.

"Now what?"

---
jfm

Well it was time for a switch movie. So I watched a film written by Ed Wood last night. It's called Orgy Of The Dead and it was made a couple of years after Goldfinger.

In Wood's film, (directed by AC Stephens and starring Criswell the Incredible and Ghoulita the Ghoulish Goddess of the Undead) we see a woman in a gold cauldron, Shirley Eaton style.

Only by Wood ajb007/biggrin (now where'd I put my angora sweater)

Last edited by Alex (17th Aug 2004 16:24)

Finally got around to watching One Hour Photo, really enjoyed it - thought Robin Williams was excellent. Looking forward to more straight-acting roles from him.

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

Quoting MAHO:

Quoting MAHO:
Quoting scaramanga1:
Finding Nemo! ajb007/biggrin

I've seen it several times. It's just as good every time.

"Now what?"

---
jfm

D'you know it was my last one too ... before that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Monsters Inc and Thunderbirds ... hmmm, I think my children have far too much control over my television! ajb007/biggrin

Stuck on a plane with The Prince and Me, I believe it was called. Wisconsin girl falls in love with the Crown Prince of Denmark. Which is tolerable given it's simplistic Hollywood fare, but København looked just like Praha (Prague) for some reason.

Did the film-makers think we were that dumb? Then again, Bond has substituted cities (e.g. Vienna doubling for Bratislava) but this one just got to me.

Last edited by TheSaint (19th Aug 2004 08:02)

Watched Mystic River last night, a moving film with some fantastic performances from Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. This film was directed by Clint Eastwood. My only problem was the end - it seemed to have an extra ten minutes added that weren't needed.

Last night, I saw Dog Day Afternoon. It was very good. It was a bank robbery that was only supposed to be a half-hour but turned into a ten hour hostage situation. Al Pacino, Joe Cazale, and James broderick were all excellent. It was extremely suspenseful and it was a biting satire and black comedy of the time it was filmed, the '70s. Very good.

Quoting scaramanga1:
Watched Mystic River last night, a moving film with some fantastic performances from Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. This film was directed by Clint Eastwood. My only problem was the end - it seemed to have an extra ten minutes added that weren't needed.

That's a wonderful film.  I was surprised really because judging on the films I've seen, the actors who have become directors should have thought twice before making the crossover.

Last film I saw was The Bourne Supremacy on Wednesday.  I highly recommend it.

Last night I watched The Exorcist on the Sci-fi Channel. I couldn't get through it. Not because it was scary, because it was SO boring!

Watched Alien Vs Predator last night - it's okay. Pretty much what you would expect.

Quoting Alex:

Good ol' Ed Wood! The guy actually thought he was a great director! The funny thing is, he was SO bad, he was brilliant!
Johnny Depp did a great job portraying him on screen too!

Quoting NAOMI_FAN 1:

Quoting NAOMI_FAN 1:
Quoting Alex:

Good ol' Ed Wood! The guy actually thought he was a great director! The funny thing is, he was SO bad, he was brilliant!
Johnny Depp did a great job portraying him on screen too!

-------------------------------------------------

Wood was an excellent writer, he would type faster then dictation allowed. Directing on the other hand...let's just say it's not for everyone. Still an imaginative fellow in his own way.

Captain Blood was on TCM this morning, what a thriller. The climax has got to stand as one of the best sea faring battles ever captured on film. And while everyone in this was perfectly cast, a scarred Basil Rathbone as the French pirate Levassier stood out for me. He was simply as riveting if not more so then the great Flynn himself. This was a stupendous movie.

Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy - a very silly film! ajb007/biggrin

I stayed up all night and watched the entire lord of the rings trilogy back to back!!!

Quite an experience!

Cheers

Quoting Hugo Drax:
I was surprised really because judging on the films I've seen, the actors who have become directors should have thought twice before making the crossover.

Clint Eastwood, however, has an excellent track record when it comes to directing.

---
jfm

Recently watched Once Upon A Time In China, parts I and II.

Why couldn't Jet Li have made movies like that in Hollywood? It seems such an awful waste of great action talent.

---
jfm

Last edited by MAHO (22nd Aug 2004 21:57)

I watched Runaway Jury last night, I didn't expect much so was pleasantly suprised when it turned out to be a relly good movie. Gene Hackman was tremendous in it but then, isn't he always ?

Star Trek Nemesis was on the other day, so I finally watched it. Shouldn't have waited this long, it was a good film despite what the mediocre box office intake would have you believe. Much better then the last one, good plot, great villain, and an ending that reminds you of another Star Fleet officer's sacrifice. They wrapped it up prety well, with Riker's character (Jonathan Frakes) earning his own captain rank, this might be the last Next Generation flick. Two years late to see it but it was darn good!

I saw Godsend with Robert De Niro, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, and Greg Kinnear last night. It was pretty good with some jumps. You could tell it borrowed alot from The Omen.

Quoting Sir Miles:
I watched Runaway Jury last night, I didn't expect much so was pleasantly suprised when it turned out to be a relly good movie. Gene Hackman was tremendous in it but then, isn't he always ?

Agreed, I don't think Gene Hackman is capable of giving a duff performance. One of my all-time favourite actors.

Finally got my copy of Kill Bill Vol. 2 and watched it for the first time yesterday. Loved every minute of it and I can't wait for the two films to be released "as one".

King Arthur -entertaining -but the storyline is all over the place!

Quoting SPECTRENumber1:
Last night, I saw Dog Day Afternoon. It was very good. It was a bank robbery that was only supposed to be a half-hour but turned into a ten hour hostage situation. Al Pacino, Joe Cazale, and James broderick were all excellent. It was extremely suspenseful and it was a biting satire and black comedy of the time it was filmed, the '70s. Very good.

The best thing about the film (aside from Pacino in maybe his best performance ever), it's based on a true story and for once "based on" doesn't mean not resembling anything but the names, the story actually happenned.

MBE

Quoting MBE_:

Quoting MBE_:
Quoting SPECTRENumber1:

The best thing about the film (aside from Pacino in maybe his best performance ever), it's based on a true story and for once "based on" doesn't mean not resembling anything but the names, the story actually happenned.

MBE

It also looks very real. It looks as if you're watching a documentary.

There's been a veritable movie explosion at the local Best Buy store over here. I've been watching a recent purchase. That's Vol I of the Benny Hill show, the early years. 1969-1971.

These are the complete unadulterated hour long episodes. (released over here for the first time) all previous versions had the musical numbers and reference to British events in the time period edited out.

Apparently some people thought we Americans wouldn't appreciate the complete song and dance numbers. ajb007/amazed

Next up is Vol I of The Munsters. (time to sell some more blood)

The last film I saw was Billy Madison, which is always a favorite.

In theaters, though, the most recent movies I've seen are Napoleon Dynamite, Collateral, and The Manchurian Candidate. All of which are fantastic. (In their own right...)

Last edited by jamesbondagent007 (28th Aug 2004 03:27)