Knight of Shadows movie

carver97carver97 New York, USAPosts: 78MI6 Agent
edited September 2004 in The James Bond Films
Hello everyone! I'd just like to let you all know that I have Lazenby880's permission to make a film version of Knight of Shadows. It is going to be an all CGI film starring the voice talents of Matt Gaska, Doug Harvey (me!), and many others. I am currently in the process of making a Flash site that I hope to get published in the next week.

What I hope will come out of this is (possibly) a new section of AJB called "Fan Films." I know on TheForce.net's fan film section, there is a James Bond film. (I'll get a link when I'm done here)

I hope you all enjoy this film, becuase I can't wait to make it!!

Comments

• carver97carver97 New York, USAPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    Here is the link to that other Bond fan film. It's called Killing in the Name.

http://www.theforce.net/theater/nonsw/bond/index.shtml
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    Didn't we have enough CGI in DAD? :))

Anyway, best of luck to you Carver 97. I hope it turns out to be better than some other CGI I've seen.
    Thanks! I'm starting some character models. I have the main three characters done, so I'll post their pics here.
    edited September 2004
    Here are the three main characters in
    Knight of Shadows:

KoSBondActionpsd.jpgKoSKnightpsd.jpgKoSSophiepsd.jpg
    edited September 2004
    Also, I made a teaser poster:

(I know it says "Coming this Christmas to Flashplayer.com ---- that's wrong, I was going to break it up into 5 flash movies, but I then decided to just make it one whole film. So, don't mind the flashplayer.com stuff...)

Poster1psd.jpg
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Looks impressive carver97 -I'm keen to see some fan movies. :)
    Thanks! I'm getting teh voice actors set up to start recording tomorrow.
    Bladerunner: Dude, lighten up, they are just character sketches, they aren't the final product.

Emilio Largo: I'm using a program called Poser 5 for teh CGI animation, Adobe Premiere for the editing, and After Effects for the visual effects.

DFXX: If you want, I can give you some pointers on good camera angles, stop motion techniques, you know, all that good stuff. I've been making films for 7 years, so you can trust me to help you make yours good. Same with you Emilio!
    Yeah, but they allow Non-Star Wars movies also, as long as the quality of teh fim is good.
    Yep. Have you watched it? I haven't gotten a chance...I got to the first minute then I had to do some other stuff. Og, by the way Emilio, is there anything specific you need help on for your movie? I'd really like to help. (that's if you need it of course! :D )

If not, that's okay, but I'll always be here if you need my help!
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Looks good so far! I can't wait to see the film :).
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    Great, maybe I can PM you all the deatails and possibly email you my program serial code so you can download the trial and use my key to get the full version....stuff like that.
    Ok, just so everyone who cares knows, production is going great! We are rehearsing and everything! I'm planning the release for December 2004!
    What do you guys think, should I make a trailer and post it here before I post the final movie, or should I post the movie and teh trailer at the same time like most of the people on that site?

Your choice.
    edited October 2004
    New character!!! I have finished Melcon. For those who have not read the story, Melcon is The Knight's henchman!

my.php?loc=img69&image=KOSMelconpsd.jpg
    What do you think?

Should I make my own original score or should I use teh scores from the films?

I'll take the first five posts about my question, and count those votes, after 5, it won't count...so please help me decide!!
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Well, it depends whether you CAN make a score or not? ;) If yes, go ahead, surprise me.
    Yes, I can make an original score.....I just need to know if it's worth taking the time.
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Quoting carver97:
    Yes, I can make an original score.....I just need to know if it's worth taking the time.
    Now there's somethingg Eric Serra should have considered. :D
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    This sounds great, C97... I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
    Thanks royalmile! I hope you like it when it's finished.
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Sounds good, carver97! I'd be interested in seeing a trailer maybe just to explain what's going on for viewers unfamiliar with the story before they see the real film. That might take up a lot of time, though, so if it holds up the filming schedule you shouldn't do it.

As for the score, I'd actually like to hear the music that appeared in the real Bond films. I find that it's often much simpler to work with existing music rather than coming up with new material unless I can't find anything that's appropriate for a specific scene or so.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    Thanks for the ideas Tracy! I want to do an original score and I promise it will sound like it's from the movies. If I end up not doing a score, then I'll obviously have to use old music, but it wouldn't seem right to hear the Antanov score while Bond is um, well, with Sophie.
  • tirpitztirpitz Posts: 339MI6 Agent
    Haven't checked on this in a while. While your making all the character models, are you going into the plot yet?
    Yep. The script is all well and done, I just need to start animating....but I'm short a few voice actors!
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    Coco has a face like a pig
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    I have to say, perhaps predictably, that I await the finishing of this project with keen interest. It will be fascinating for me personally to see how carver adapts my novella, and wish him the best of luck in doing so.

From what I have seen so far, James Bond and The Knight I think look just right, the latter pretty menacing indeed. However, I cannot say that Sophie is quite how I imagined her, long brunette hair with a soft small-featured face. However, as I said to carver when he approached me this is his project and one in which I am simply an interested observor. In that spirit, I'm looking forward to it. :)
    Hey everyone, four score and seven years ago I started this! :D ok, nevermind, I'm not funny today, I have a cold. Anyhoo, I think I'm about ready to start. I was waiting until I had all the programs. I now have Bryce 5 and 3D Studio Max to make the interiors, and Poser 5 to animate people and stuff. I can post the script here if that's ok with everyone, I just need to get all my voice acotrs ready and then we are set to go!

Oh, and I also have Maya 5 PLE, and I'm getting into video game design. I was wondering if I would get in trouble by making Knight of Shadows into a video game that is free to play, but still has the Bond theme and all the copyright crapola? Even though I wouldn't be profiting off it, would I run into legal trouble by doing this?
    Ok, here is the script. It says "Written by Douglas Harvey", but since Lazenby880 left, I couldn't get his name, so I forgot to just put "Lazenby880" there, but I wrote this back in like October or whatever, so...yeah. Enjoy it!

http://dl-btboces.org/courses/1/ue.uetefftj.02-03/uploads/_28624_1/Knight_of_Shaodws_script.htm
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    I look forward to seeing this! :)