Single favorite Scene

Just wondering what everyones single favorite scene is from any bond movie, mine has to be the scene in FRWL with Red Grant on the train,where grant interrogates Bond and then they fight,resulting in Grants death.Anyone else?

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Good choice A-Water-Pistol..

The one that springs to mind for me is from LTK.The scene in Krests place were Bond and Killifer are together and Kilifer is dangling over the shark trap.When Bond utters the words 'You earned it,you keep it, Old Buddy ' and gives Killifer the case.It makes my spine tingle.
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    I love the scene in GE in the "Graveyard", where Trevelyan reveals to Bond that not only is he alive, but he is also the main villian of the piece.

The atmosphere is eerie and its one of the rare occasions in the series when James Bond looks genuinely concerned and out of control of the situation. Even cases such as in GF or FYEO when he has been captured and awaiting death he still always knows what to do. Here is different. Bond has lost many lovers and comerades over the years, but Trevelyan was a friend he had genuinely cared about. Now after 9 years he learnt that all his mourning had not only been in vain, but had been laughed at.

This was a defining moment of the Pierce Brosnan era - where Bond's new vunerability becomes all too clear. It's the only time to date where a villian has had him totally fooled for such a long time. He had been able to see through Red Grant's cover right away and it wasn't long before he learnt that Kristatos was a villian too. Even the charms of Elektra King wasn't enough to prevent him from becoming suspicious of her.

And that is why Trevelyan works so well as a villian. He fooled Bond because he knew him so well and was essentially a very similar character. Had Bond's life taken a slightly different course at an earlier age, he could have ended up with the same fate.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Well, I have a hundred single favorite scenes. ;)

But on this day, I will say the ski jump off the cliff, followed by the Union Jack parachute. No, he's not a secret agent anymore, but he hadn't been for over a decade, and that scene so perfectly captured the larger-than-life aspect of the character.

Plus, it's just a helluva stunt.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I love the entire battle scene in Atlantis in TSWLM. Pure Finale Bond fight, it was great.
  • Felix_BlofeldFelix_Blofeld Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    The raid on the safe house in TLD
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    This is extremely 'old school,' but I can't help it---Bond ambushes the Professor in Dr. No, and ends up killing him in cold blood: a scene much debated before the film was shot, and then much celebrated by the faithful for four decades afterward (so far)...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Felix_BlofeldFelix_Blofeld Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    That is by far the best bit in Dr. No.
  • AlecsCradleAlecsCradle Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Scene where Alec and Bond are on the Cradle in GE.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Like Sir Hillary Bray, I've got a million "singles".

Orient Express scene, "You've Had your six", Laser room sequence, Thunderball pre titles stuntwork, etc.

A few from later films, death of Gothard's character in FYEO, and anything Silvester, Worth or Lombard performed.

Contemporary Bond, Onatopp and Bond's innuendo filled banter is very enjoyable.
  • The BaronThe Baron Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I , too have several . Some already mentioned such as the ski jump parachute scene, The Red Grant fight, I may be going out on a limb here but I do like the fight scene with High Chief Peter Maivia in YOLT. And the action sequence on the Kobe docks (YOLT) ending with the Sean Connery Double-Somersaults off each level.
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    edited July 2005
    Like most others I have many but without a doubt my single most favourite scene is Tracy's death at the close of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Cold and shocking on first viewing, the contrast with the happiness of the newly-married couple just moments before could not have been more effectively accentuated. The eerie silence afterwards, the image of Tracy with blood streaming down her face and the one bullet-hole in the windscreen make for an iconic moment in Bond history. Although many detractors still exist, Mr Lazenby truly did perform this scene very, very well indeed.

A defining moment for the series that has not really been matched since.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    I don't think I could ever choose. I'll say the LALD Title Sequence though. :D
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • Hells AngelHells Angel Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    Gosh, thats so har to choose!
    Probably be the raid in Whittakers HQ thingy at the end of TLD, or the bar scene in LTK with Dario.
  • NatalyaNatalya Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Foe me, it will Natalya and Bond's conversation on the beach. Izabella Scorupco was truly exquisite in her performance.
  • Moonraker 10Moonraker 10 Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    A bunch, I can't decide...

>Red Grant and 007 on the train in FRWL.
    >007's escape by skis from Piz Gloria in OHMSS.
    >The bobsled scene in OHMSS.
    >Solitaire and Bond at Baron Samedi's house in LALD.
    >Pre-title ski jump sequence of TSWLM.
    >Bond's fight with Chang in MR.
    >The helicopter pre-title scene in FYEO.
    >Bond vs. Max on the Golden Gate Bridge in AVTAK.
    >The kidnapping of Koskov in TLD.
    >Pushkin's "assassination" in TLD.
    >The airplane scene in TLD.
    >The pre-title scene in GE.
    >The Cradle scene in GE.

Yeah, I like a lot of scenes...
  • Q_Branch84Q_Branch84 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    My favorite scene is from Octopussy when Bond is having dinner with Magda. The music is beautiful and fits perfectly into the scene. Moore proves that he is the most charming Bond. And well, we learn that Magda collects memories...something cheesy about that seeing that she says it's for her friggin' scrapbook, but oh well. Deffinatly the most charming moment in any Bond film.
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    A multitude of riches!

DN- The immortal introduction, of course. Special mention: the confrontation between Bond and Dr.No.From the elevator ride,where Bond confesses to Honey;"I'm scared,too" to Dr.No's "You are nothing but a stupid policeman" insult. Magnificent tension and style. Hats off to Joseph Wiseman for his turn as Bond's first worthy opponent.

FRWL- The Bond-Grant confrontation. In my humble opinion, the closest Bond has come to death in 20 films. I agree with anyone who believes this is the greatest fight in the series and, arguably, movie history. Peter Hunt, in this scene alone, changed action cinema forever.

GF- The Bond-Oddjob fight in Fort Knox. The moment Oddjob stops smiling when Bond picks up his bowler hat and...then...slowly...starts ...to...back...up... is one of those perfectly sublime Bond moments that will be delighting audiences forever.

TB- Bond and Fiona Volpe at the Kiss-Kiss Club. Without question, the best villianess in the series. Luciana Paluzzi 's death stare when she says "May I cut in?" is bad-girl Bond villiany par excellence."Strange as it may seem, I've grown accustomed to your face" says a chilled-to-the-bone Bond to which Fiona responds with a silent nod of professional courtesy. Film-students should analyze the way Peter Hunt cross-cuts betweem Bond, Fiona. the drummer and the gun from the curtain and realize that the MTV-style editing bells and whistles from DAD shows what an incompetent hack Christian Wagner is when compared to a master editor from the past.

YOLT- From the startling moment when Bond finds a knife in Henderson's back , kills the assassin, assumes his identity and ends up brawling a sumo thug at the Osato penthouse. Pure Bondian mood, suspense and action at its absolute height. A terrific fight where even a couch is used as a battering ram. Only Bond.

OHMSS- The PTS should be used as a blueprint on how to introduce a new Bond for the next film. Second only to Connery's intro, Lazenby's Bond entrance is everything great and good about the series when its on a roll. Silhoutted in darkness, close-up of a cigarette being lit, the hungry sound of "mmmmm" as Bond is passed by a pretty girl in a convertible, this, folks, is what they call movie-making! Lovely mood as he saves Tracy and only then are we allowed to fully see his face....for only a moment before the beautifully choreographed mayhem on the beach begins. Dripping with style and mystery, this sequence is still the undefeated champ in introducing a new Bond.(Martin Campbell please take note).

DAF- The moment Bond steps out of the Vegas hotel window in a black tux, casually sniffing the rose in his lapel as the elevator drifts upward towards his confrontation with Blofeld/Willard Whyte/Howard Hughes is one those instances of such pure Bondian coolness that it reminds one of how difficult it has been for the series to recapture that effortless ease of style and sophistication.

LALD- Bond and Tee-Hee at the alligator farm. The beautiful set-up where Bond turns around and sees a laughing Tee-Hee (surely the happiest of all Bond henchmen) floating back towards shore leaving Bond alone with hungry gators all around. With no gadgets and a lifetime away from the safety of CGI, Bond, with the grace of Fred Astaire, tip-toes over the danger without breaking a sweat. Compliments to Ross Kananga, this moment gets my vote as the single greatest stunt in the series and captures the elusive essence of Bond magic.

TMWTGG- The set-up: Bond staking out the Bottoms-Up night-club. Looks into a store-window and sees his reflection in a tv screen. A small figure appears and adjusts his perfectly-tailored suit in front of the store camera. Nick-Nack looks up and gives a curious Bond the friendliest of hencman smiles. Bond decides to walk across the street. Behind him, in a second-floor window, appears the cold eyes of Scaramanga, his golden gun ready. The greatest shot in the world, his target merely feet away and completely oblivious to the threat . This is a flat-line moment for Bond. Scaramanga fires, killing a man exiting the club. Bond dives to the ground face-first and springs up like a jack-in-the box, gun at the ready...but there is no one there. If Guy Hamilton had taken the rest of the film as seriously as this scene, TMWTGG would be a Bond classic, instead of a guilty pleasure.

TSWLM- Bond and XXX hunting Jaws at the Egyptian ruins. Iconic Bond. Roger, in a black-tux, WaltherPPK in hand with a beautiful Russan agent by his side, truly becoming the total package as Bond in this scene.

MR- Toss-up:I) The PTS. Ultimate Bondian thrills. Anyone old enough to have seen this on the big screen for the first time will, no doubt, recall the feeling of spectacle the Bond films once seemed to have and now only hint at. Still a stunner!
    2) The scene in Rio at the carnival. Jaws hidden by a giant clown costume, slowly walking down the alley, attacking Bond's Rio contact, faking an impromptu dance to dodge the crowd.Brilliance! When Bond reappears from the warehouse and attacks Jaws, the looks they give each other are absolutely priceless! Old adversaries from way back, Roger and Richard Kiel play it perfectly,exhanging friendly smiles, as if to say "good to see you,old boy, shame we have to kill each other". Before they can fight, a dancing crowd whisks Jaws away in its momentum, with Jaws finally given way to the rhythym and dancing along. Not...one...word...was ....exchanged in the scene. Perfect balance of danger and humour with a touch of the bizarre. In essence, Bond at its peak.

FYEO- The killing of Locque. A definitive moment for Roger's Bond.

OP- The backgammon game. Was Roger ever cooler than this scene? "Spend the money,quickly,Mr.Bond."

AVTAK- The fight at at the end between and Bond and Zorin ontop of the GoienGateBridge is a terrific bit of film-making compared to the rest of the film. Walken's laugh before he falls is a villian's touch for the ages.

TLD- When Bond discovers Saunder's dead body and sees the balloon message....Dalton becomes 007 at that precise moment. Pound-for-pound, one of the all-time great Bond memories.

No time for the rest.Tomorrow perhaps.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    I have 2 favorites:

The Thunderball teaser I just never get tired of and the DAF teaser where the king returns!
    "Welcome to hell, Blofeld"

TWINE teaser is creeping up to be an honorable mention for me.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    bigzilcho wrote:
    TLD- When Bond discovers Saunder's dead body and sees the balloon message
    This is mine as well. Not my favorite movie or bond, BUT my favorite scene. This was Fleming's BOND
  • AcerimmerAcerimmer Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    bigzilcho wrote:
    TLD- When Bond discovers Saunder's dead body and sees the balloon message
    This is mine as well. Not my favorite movie or bond, BUT my favorite scene. This was Fleming's BOND

Dalton is my favorite Bond, TLD is my favorite 007 movie, and the scene discussed was definitely unforgettable. But alltime greatest/most shocking moment in 007 lore would have to be Tracy's death in OHMSS. Lazenby's detractors can say what they want, but he MADE that scene heartbreaking.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    Like most others I have many but without a doubt my single most favourite scene is Tracy's death at the close of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Cold and shocking on first viewing, the contrast with the happiness of the newly-married couple just moments before could not have been more effectively accentuated. The eerie silence afterwards, the image of Tracy with blood streaming down her face and the one bullet-hole in the windscreen make for an iconic moment in Bond history. Although many detractors still exist, Mr Lazenby truly did perform this scene very, very well indeed.

A defining moment for the series that has not really been matched since.

True. The best part was that it went right into the credits, showing her bloody head, and the credits were done in a flash, it says James Bond Will Return in Diamonda are Forever, and it is a very somber moment. Brilliant.
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Part two of my favorite scenes.

TLD- Good to see other fans agreeing on the electrifying effect of the Saunder's death scene.
    Brilliantly handled by John Glen, this scene is a knock-out on so many levels; cinematically, thematically and emotionally. There is a characteristic about Bond which must ALWAYS be remembered and it is this: when confronted with megalomaniacs bent on world domination, our boy James (even when dodging their "particularly humiliating" assassination attempts) never really takes it personally. Tarantula in bed? Par for the course. Laser table torture? "Thank you for the demonstration,Goldfinger" Sniper in the trees?"You missed Mr.Bond." "Did I? (CRASH!) As you said, splendid sport". Part of Bond's phenomenal appeal is this too-cool-for-words professional objectiveity. Kill Scaramanga? With pleasure! Kill Scaramanga with absolute malice? After that excellent dinner? Just not done, old boy! Its called professional courtesy between gentlemen killers..
    BUT...if...any friend is hurt or killed...Bond instantly transforms from gentleman spy to....what? The dark side...avenging angel of death...borderline psychotic?
    Examples? I) During the splendid face-to-face with Dr.No, Bond squanders a chance to join SPECTRE in order to let Dr.No know that the Revenge Dept. would be his specialty.His desired assignment? The killer of Strangways and Quarrel,,,and then... simply gives Dr.No the death-stare. 2) When Bond confronts Tatiana over Karim Bey's death it is the first time we see OO7 close to unhinged. The way Connery violently opens the door and stares at the Russian girl still sends chills up the spine. "You're hurting me,James!"she says,."I'll do worse than that" says Bond. Worse than hitting a woman? In the heat of anger, Bond is a loose cannon, capable of anything. 3) GF- Bond discovers Jill Masterton's dead golden body and looks...stunned...bewildered...in a haze, he calls Felix and tells him the girl is dead and , with a voice chilling in its rising anger, informs him : "She's covered in paint...Gold paint". Dissolve to London...M 's office...Bond standing tensely, barely controlling his rage. M quickly admonishes Bond for even considering the prospect of a personal vendetta. If not for M, both as boss and father-figure (and really the only person in the Bond universe that can make Bond nervous), acting as moral deterrent, there is no doubt Goldfinger (and a slew of others) would be playing his golden harp way before Fort Knox. 4) In the PTS of TB Bond reveals that two colleagues were killed by the supposedly dead Col.Bouvier. It is noticed by the French girl that it sounds like Bond regrets not having had the opportunity to personally kill Bouvier. When Bond realizes the widow's true identity, what does he do? Does he shoot the Colonel at first sight? No, he casually walks up, and with his condolences, punches him viciously. Bouvier responds with a knife-throw and a terrific punch-up ensues ending with Bond breaking the Colonel's neck with a poker. Make no mistake, this scene is all about vengeance (it is not clear if this assassination has been sanctioned by M) and it takes a particular kind of bad-guy to make Bond want to kill him with his bare hands.
    There are many other examples along the way but not until TLD do we get to see a moment that perfectly crystalizes the instantaneous rage Bond feels when a close friend is struck down. Emotionally Bond brushes off any attempt made on his life as if a fly would dare to land on his tux. But... if a friend is killed.....armageddon time! Which, when you stop to consider it, is the reason LTK is the most controversial and divisive Bond film to date, LTK is the only OO7 entry to have the guts to paint Bond in not-so pleasant revenge mode. LTK is the film that should have followed OHMSS because Bond was denied the pleasure of his revenge on Blofeld.

Excuse my ramblings, but this is an aspect of Bond as a character that should be explored deeper by both the fans and the film-makers; the absolutely tough and immaculate surface which conveys style, grace and control but also shields an inner landscape which can be scarred by a hostile universe.

Bond's appeal seems to be on the surface. Never confuse attention to the surface of things as being a shallow endeavour. Bond has reached legendary status as a fictional character, instantly recognizable the world over. No other pop culture character can give Bond a run for his money, IMO.

"Darling, Moneypenny, you know I don't even look at another woman".
  • Steve Rush DI5 AgentSteve Rush DI5 Agent Oxfordshire, Great BritainPosts: 59MI6 Agent
    Again, I have many favourites. For tonight, though, I will choose a scene in TSWLM.

Jaws's Sherpa van is heading towards the Egyptian temple, just as the sun begins to rise. The 'strings' music fades in for a reprise of Nobody Does it Better.... absolute magic!
  • Furious StylesFurious Styles Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Bigzilcho already mentioned it, but the scene in Moonraker when Drax and Bond are shooting Pheasants, priceless.

Drax: You missed Mr. Bond!

*Sniper Falls Out Of Tree*

Bond: Did I?

Roger Moore could really do no wrong, he had such a likable personality that Bond could take on such a "larger than life" appeal and people didn't mind.

Even if they made a Bond film where the villain was revealed to be a super-intelligent monkey, all Moore would have to do is look in the camera and give one of his trademark smirks, and all would be forgiven.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited December 2006
    I have too many favorites, but here's one:
    Bond speaking to Goldfinger about his scheme. Connery at his best, this was a no-frills scene featuring a master-spy congratulating a master-villain on his awesome plan.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Myk_Myk_ LondonPosts: 13MI6 Agent
    edited July 2019
    -Deleted-
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    LTK-You earned it, you keep it, old buddy!!
    GF-Laser
    YOLT-fight at Osato's office
    DAD-Elevator fight
    DNO-Honey coming out from the sea
    and everytime 007 delivers his famous trademark!!
  • C_WalkenC_Walken Posts: 125MI6 Agent
    In LTK, when he burns Sanchez with the lighter...

to me it's just ultimate justice
  • vanguardvanguard Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    For Your Eyes Only - Bond climbs the face of St. Cyriles meanwhile Apostis (sic) clambers down the side knocking out the picks one at a time. Bond shows that it takes more than gadgets to survive as he unlaces his bootlace and gets up in time to dispatch with Apostis in the nick of time. That this climb and fall was done with a real stunt man on the mountain is a tribute to an age that is sadly mostly passed.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    The pre-title beach fight in OHMSS.
    Especially the shot where Rafael (Terence Mountain) returns from out of the ocean (where he was almost drowned by James Bond) with a anchor in his hands.
    The darkness of the shot, mixed with the intencity of the fight, you just know that the inclusion of an anchor is going to bring it all up a notch!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad