Re: Polls

Why isn't there a number count next to each percentage in the new poll?

Because I removed it as I didn't think it was needed after all.

Simon

awww... I liked that part. I like to know how many of us have voted in total. Oh well. ajb007/frown

I'll put them back then ajb007/biggrin

Simon

What service! Thank, SiCo, you're the best!

How about "Best Villian's lair."

I can't think of many examples, I'm sure other people will help me out! Such as "Satellite in a lake".

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.

Bond's Best Car should come into it somewhere also;

Aston Martin DB5, Lotus Esprit, BMW Z3, Aston Martin Vanquish to name but a few...

Jedi Master wrote:

How about "Best Villian's lair."

That's a good one. I suppose the contenders could be:

Palmyra
Blofeld's Volcano
Piz Gloria
Scaramanga's Island
Atlantis

"My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore

Tee Hee wrote:

That's a good one. I suppose the contenders could be:

Palmyra
Blofeld's Volcano
Piz Gloria
Scaramanga's Island
Atlantis

I'd also add Auric Stud, St Cyril's, the Olimpatec Meditation Institute and the Maiden's Tower as potential candidates.

Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart

How about this one?:
"Most worthy 007 contenders not to land the role"
1960's - Cary Grant
1970's - Michael Billington
1980's - Sam Neill
1990's - Liam Neeson
2000's - Clive Owen

Drawn Out Dad.
Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
twitter.com/DrawnOutDad

Hmmmmm, since favorite Bond girl has probably been done or would be too many spaces how about:

Favorite Bit-part girl?

Jenny Flex
Pan Ho
Naomi
Log Cabin Girl
Dink?

Is there an option for users to post polls in their posts? I'd really like to do that, you can on Cbn if you're an administrator. Can we?

I've added asio's poll as I thought it would make for an interesting one.

JennyFlexFan wrote:

Is there an option for users to post polls in their posts? I'd really like to do that, you can on Cbn if you're an administrator. Can we?

No there isn't, not at the moment, I plan to make it possible, but it is very unlikely that anyone will be allowed to post them. I will see how it goes and how it's used. I can see it being over used and abused.

Simon

asio wrote:

How about this one?:
"Most worthy 007 contenders not to land the role"
1960's - Cary Grant
1970's - Michael Billington
1980's - Sam Neill
1990's - Liam Neeson
2000's - Clive Owen

I like this, though I'm split between Cary Grant and Sam Neill. I'll go with Neill, though. It's funny; I used to say often how Sam Neill should have played James Bond. Little did I know at the time that he was infact strongly considered!

SiCo wrote:

JennyFlexFan wrote:

No there isn't, not at the moment, I plan to make it possible, but it is very unlikely that anyone will be allowed to post them. I will see how it goes and how it's used. I can see it being over used and abused.

I wouldn't abuse it! I promise!

Or how about this poll:

Most AVTAK-obsessed member.

Asio's post about 007 contender is an interesting one!

We could do the next one on favourite Bond vehicles perhaps.

Perhaps another possible poll would be something directly related to AJB. "Favorite Forum" or "Most informative forum" or something like that. Not as 'fun' I admit, but it might be helpful in gaining some insight into different areas on AJB.

Or a poll on Most AVTAK Obsessed Fan...

Yeah, polls involving members of AJB would be good too!

JennyFlexFan wrote:

Oh Lord. . . ajb007/rolleyes  I can see them now: "Favorite Member," "Least Favorite Mod," "Member Who Should Be Banned," "Member Who Writes the Most Annoying Posts". . .  Sounds like suicide to me!

Vox clamantis in deserto

Hardyboy wrote:
JennyFlexFan wrote:

Oh Lord. . . ajb007/rolleyes  I can see them now: "Favorite Member," "Least Favorite Mod," "Member Who Should Be Banned," "Member Who Writes the Most Annoying Posts". . .  Sounds like suicide to me!

Sounds great to me, Hardy! Hilarious! As long as I'm not the member with the annoying posts or the member who should be banned, that is... ajb007/shifty

Hardyboy wrote:
JennyFlexFan wrote:

Hmm... except for Least Favorite Mod, I think I'm up for all those categories! ajb007/wink

SiCo wrote:

Thanks SiCo.
I found this a difficult poll to create, because I only wanted to have the very best un-signed candidate from each decade.
In case you're wondering (and even if you're not), I voted for Michael Billington, based purely on the number of times he auditioned for the role.

Drawn Out Dad.
Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
twitter.com/DrawnOutDad

Hardyboy wrote:
JennyFlexFan wrote:

Hardy, don't worry, you're not my least favorite mod but honestly, one of these (but in a more positive light) should be put into a poll. Members who KNOW they write annoying posts (like I do) should be included.

Hardyboy wrote:

Oh Lord. . . I can see them now: "Least Favorite Mod,"

I could sense the fear, in that post. Hardy's convinced he'd earn the title in a flash!

No I wouldn't give it to Hardy... not Hardy...