Sleeper Cell

NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
Has anyone been watching Sleeper Cell? I have, and it is FANTASTIC! This is by far the best show that I've seen in a long time. Amazingly done. Wow.

Comments

• RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited December 2005
    Showtime is known for controversial series (The L Word, Weeds, etc.) and again they score bigtime. I'm steadily becoming a growing fan of this show.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Yeah. Have you seen all the episodes yet?
    I'm up to the one about that biochemical student and the Anthrax thing.

• one night standone night stand Posts: 127MI6 Agent
    I saw previews for it over the weekend and it looked great. Maybe I'll try to catch up over Christmas by watching them OnDemand. It looked pretty intriuging(sp?), but what is the whole plot.
    Darwin al-Sayeed, an African American Muslim, is an FBI Special agent who is assigned to infiltrate a terrorist cell and find out as much info as possible about their plans in order to prevent them. Darwin manages to get in, but he has problems. Even so, he manages to create a strong friendship bond with each of his "cell mates." Also, the leader of the cell is a really intriguing character. His names is Faris al-Farik, and he carries a Walther P99 (score!). He pretends to be a Jew who works at a security agency, and is named Yossi Amram. A really great character. This is one of my favorite shows of all time. I just wished that it wasn't over.
    Ok, I've just saw 8 shows in a row. I swear they were all just as gripping and entertaining. How many shows are there in all for this season? I just want to be sure that I'm not left hanging on what I've seen already...

I've always liked Showtime.

You know... I have no idea. hehe, sorry about that. If you are using Showtime on Demand, just go in order from first to last and you'll see them all.

Also, who else is with me that Farik is incredibly cool?
    You know... I have no idea. hehe, sorry about that. If you are using Showtime on Demand, just go in order from first to last and you'll see them all.

Also, who else is with me that Farik is incredibly cool?

Well that's just dandy...I see the first eight episodes, get hooked and now I'm left hanging...

Farik has an eerie ruthlessness to himself. Oded definetely plays up the bad guy role in cool fashion, I just don't like him but maybe that's the point. I wished that they had kept Bobby just to see how his role would pan out. Besides there's a certain "comic relief" to his personna.

I'm with you, Night...it is an awesome series. ;)

I don't like Farik so much that I love him. It is so strange. I think it is interesting how Oded is actually Jewish in real life. Does anyone know if Henri Lubatti is?
    I don't like Farik so much that I love him. It is so strange. I think it is interesting how Oded is actually Jewish in real life. Does anyone know if Henri Lubatti is?

Lubatti is of Italian decent.

Oded Fehr is a very likable actor. I just think that the subject matter of SC enhances the contempt I feel for his character. The closest I felt to Farik was when they all went to Mexico and he was faced with a moral decision and did somewhat the right thing. I like Darwin and I hate that they snipped James LeGross' character...good chemistry was going there.

I was so shocked when I saw that part... wow. But fear not, there is some great chemistry between Darwin and the new girl, don't remember her name. Lubatti, yeah, that is an Italian name, but he just looks Jewish to me. Hm.
    American Terror, ep 1 was GREAT. His handler's death was gruesomely wonderful and unexpected.
    Very gritty scuffle in the carwash, too. I love this show!!!!! {[]

Chopping off the guy's hand... how brutal.