Let's see your non James Bond collection

TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,303MI6 Agent
Dell Deaton had the great idea of posting up some pictures of our non James Bond collectibles. I thought I'd start things off with some of the stuff I've amassed with my brother, SpectreIsland. First up, some signed Lithographs...

Alex Ross Knight Over Gotham
litho08.jpg

Alex Ross Tribute to Jack Kirby's Captain America
litho07.jpg

Alex Ross Rendition of the Marvel Universe Heroes
litho06.jpg

Bob Kane's Vigil Over Gotham & Alex Ross' Superman #1
litho05.jpg

Ross' JLA (Original Seven)
litho04.jpg

Ross' The Arena of Superheroes
litho03.jpg

Green Lantern Square Face (In Brightest Day...)
litho02.jpg

Ross' JSA and World's Finest
litho01.jpg

More to come. Stay tuned, same Bat Time, same Bat Channel...

Comments

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,303MI6 Agent
    Part II - Some Batman stuff...

The ultra rare Batman and Joker statues from the 1989 movie; only 50 sets were made. Flanking them are the Batarang and Throwing Bird from Batman & Robin
    batman01.jpg

Some signed movie posters from the WB Studio Store
    batman02.jpg
    batman03.jpg
    batman06.jpg

Some Batman movie inspired statues (Batman Begins & Batman Forever) and Two-Face's Silver Coin prop
    batman04.jpg

Some more statues from Batman & Robin and a few maquettes from the Animated Series

Still more to come...
    batman05.jpg
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Very cool stuff! You have VERY good taste in superheroes. Bats and Cap are my favorites, too.
    Part III - Assorted Busts

From the Gentle Giant Star Wars collection (along with some mini lightsabers)
    busts03.jpg

Randy Bowen's Marvel Universe Busts
    busts02.jpg

Palisades Toys Alien & Predator Busts
    busts04.jpg

Assorted DC, Terminator and Star Wars Busts
    busts01.jpg

Some more busts and a DC JSA and DC JLA Bookend set
    busts05.jpg
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    noticed the 007 collection under Tony's. UGHHHHHHHHH I WANT ONE X-( X-( X-(
    Part IV - More Statues

DC Universe Statues, Maquettes and Plates
    statues05.jpg

A few more Batman Movie and Marvel Universe Statues
    statues04.jpg

More DCU
    statues03.jpg

And yet more DCU (can you tell we're DC fans?)
    statues02.jpg

Shellhead and Webhead
    statues01.jpg
    edited April 2006
    Part V - Odds & Ends

Signed Christopher Lee Sith poster & FX Lightsabers
    starwars.jpg

Men In Black Gear
    mib.jpg

Underdog & Scooby Doo Maquettes
    dogs.jpg

DC & Marvel Silver & Gold Plated Coins
    coins.jpg

Duck Dodgers Sericel
    cells02.jpg

Superman/Green Lantern & Superman/Batman production Cels
    cells01.jpg

Disney's 50th Anniversary Nautilis from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    nautilis.jpg

That's enough for now. Hope you enjoy them.

TonyDP
    SpectreIsland
    Very cool stuff! You have VERY good taste in superheroes. Bats and Cap are my favorites, too.

Thanks NS, as you can see my bro and I keep trying to relive our childhood (it's not just the videogames :) )
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    Tony....I-I'm blown away at your comic collecting range :o . I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

My son would kill for those Alex Ross posters. He's the only guy that he thinks outdoes his dad. :))
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    0064 wrote:
    noticed the 007 collection under Tony's. UGHHHHHHHHH I WANT ONE X-( X-( X-(

Glad you like them. We've been collecting for years; once you start, it's hard to let go.
    edited April 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Tony....I-I'm blown away at your comic collecting range :o . I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

My son would kill for those Alex Ross posters. He's the only guy that he thinks outdoes his dad. :))

Thanks for the kind words. Make sure to post some of your stuff up; I've love to see it.

We were on a first name basis with the gallery managers at the local WB stores; they'd call us as soon as stuff was announced. My brother was practically crying when he found out they were closing their stores.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Your collection would pretty much dwarf mine in all areas. I really like drawing them and collecting the books...
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,899Chief of Staff
    Tony, do you live in a comic book shop? Seriously, I haven't seen so many busts, statuettes, and whatnot since the last time I was in a comic book store! And, uh, doesn't having Batman & Robin memorabilia around give you nightmares?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • MBE_MBE_ USAPosts: 266MI6 Agent
    Impressive - not just the collection but all that wall space you have! I particularly like the Knight Over Gotham print.

MBE
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,702MI6 Agent
    Very cool collection Tony DP. In the 4th picture of your 1st post I noticed a car collection, is that mostly NASCAR stuff, or assorted cars? I only ask because if I had the room, I'd have all kinds of Matchbox and various other stuff.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Tony, do you live in a comic book shop? Seriously, I haven't seen so many busts, statuettes, and whatnot since the last time I was in a comic book store! And, uh, doesn't having Batman & Robin memorabilia around give you nightmares?

HB, no we do not own a comic store; this is just the result of years squandering our hard earned savings :)

As for Batman & Robin, the movie sucked but the collectibles were cool. Look at it this way, TMWTGG wasn't the best Bond movie, but it did have one of the coolest gadgets.
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Very cool collection Tony DP. In the 4th picture of your 1st post I noticed a car collection, is that mostly NASCAR stuff, or assorted cars? I only ask because if I had the room, I'd have all kinds of Matchbox and various other stuff.

Thanks! Yup those are NASCAR die casts; mostly Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt. I can post pics of that stuff as well if you're interested.
    MBE_ wrote:
    Impressive - not just the collection but all that wall space you have! I particularly like the Knight Over Gotham print.

MBE

Thanks MBE. We pretty much turned the 2nd floor of our house into a gallery. There isn't much wall space left these days though. We may have to get a bigger house :)
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Wow thanks for posting Tony, great stuff. Must be nice to be able to put something like that together. When your married with kids no time or money for cool stuff like that.

Especially like the Batman stuff.
    TonyDP wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Thanks! Yup those are NASCAR die casts; mostly Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt. I can post pics of that stuff as well if you're interested.

If you have time. I'm curious has to what you have.
    edited April 2006
    Mr Martini wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

If you have time. I'm curious has to what you have.

No problem.

First up are the Jeff Gordon 1/24 Action Performance Die Casts (including the infamous Jurassic Park Car)
    nascar01.jpg

Some Dale Earnhardt 1/24 Action Die Cast
    nascar02.jpg

A 1/18 of the Wheaties car Dale drove in the Winston
    nascar03.jpg

A 1/18 of the Corvette Dale drove at the 24 Hours of Daytona one week before the 500
    nascar04.jpg

Some 1/4 scale helmets of Jeff, Dale & Dale Jr.
    nascar05.jpg

I also have some more 1/24's in storage due to a lack of display space. At some point I'll have to reconfigure things to get them all back out.
    ^Thanks Tony. That's a nice collection. Did any of the drivers win the race, for the cars paint job you have?
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    TonyDP wrote:
    You have that right! What a collection! After 007, I love Spider-Man (and, to a lesser extent, the Marvel Universe, and then the DC Universe) so to see your amazing collection is just that, amazing!
    I've always wanted to put my collections on display under glass, and I've always wondered, does this diminish the dust factor?
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    Mr Martini wrote:
    ^Thanks Tony. That's a nice collection. Did any of the drivers win the race, for the cars paint job you have?

My memory is getting hazy. I'm pretty sure Jeff Gordon won in the Baby Ruth car (it was his Busch car) as well as the rainbow scheme, flames scheme and the Jurassic Park scheme. The chromalusion car ran out of gas on the last lap of the Winston.

As for Earnhardt, I think he won in a couple of those cars. The Plus car is the one he got his Daytona 500 win in, and the last one in the lower right was his 76th and last win at Talladega.

There might be more, but those are all the ones I'm sure about.
    asio wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    You have that right! What a collection! After 007, I love Spider-Man (and, to a lesser extent, the Marvel Universe, and then the DC Universe) so to see your amazing collection is just that, amazing!
    I've always wanted to put my collections on display under glass, and I've always wondered, does this diminish the dust factor?

Thanks for the kind words Asio. Keeping them under glass definitely reduces the dust factor. But I think it also depends on your location. I live off a fairly busy street and the traffic does cause a little bit of dust settling. The other thing I do is keep all the stuff away from any direct sunlight or other harsh light sources.
    TonyDP wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

My memory is getting hazy. I'm pretty sure Jeff Gordon won in the Baby Ruth car (it was his Busch car) as well as the rainbow scheme, flames scheme and the Jurassic Park scheme. The chromalusion car ran out of gas on the last lap of the Winston.

As for Earnhardt, I think he won in a couple of those cars. The Plus car is the one he got his Daytona 500 win in, and the last one in the lower right was his 76th and last win at Talladega.

Thank you again Tony. One more question. Do you still have the boxes they came in? If so, I'm not going to ask for pictures, just curious. I'm asking, because I own one NASCAR car. It's a Dale Earnhardt Jr. car. It's from the 2004 Budweiser True Music Fest (Dave Matthews Band). A buddy told me keep the box it came in, so I did. Mine is a 1:24th scale.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    TonyDP wrote:
    Keeping them under glass definitely reduces the dust factor. But I think it also depends on your location. I live off a fairly busy street and the traffic does cause a little bit of dust settling. The other thing I do is keep all the stuff away from any direct sunlight or other harsh light sources.
    Thanks for the advice, TonyDP. Currently I live near a quarry (a mine) so dust is unfortunately a regular occurance for us. But, I'm planning on moving out of my parents home later in the year, to live in another suburb entirely. Once that happens, I'll take your advice and invest in a nice glass cabinet for my various Bond items.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    Mr Martini wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Thank you again Tony. One more question. Do you still have the boxes they came in? If so, I'm not going to ask for pictures, just curious. I'm asking, because I own one NASCAR car. It's a Dale Earnhardt Jr. car. It's from the 2004 Budweiser True Music Fest (Dave Matthews Band). A buddy told me keep the box it came in, so I did. Mine is a 1:24th scale.

Yes, I still do have the boxes; as I'm sure you know having the original box for any item will increase its resale value.

Having said that, most of the Nascar 1/24 die casts don't have a relatively high resell value. Dale Sr.'s cars were a notable exception (especially in the first few months after his death) but generally speaking, most of the cars in my collection sell for about half of what I paid for them.

That's why I only buy things that I like, and not for investment purposes as that hardly ever pans out.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Very cool collection, and very nice taste. I'm partial to Ross' tribute to Jack Kirby's Cap and Bucky. Great stuff.

Thanks for posting Tony.
    Alex wrote:
    Very cool collection, and very nice taste. I'm partial to Ross' tribute to Jack Kirby's Cap and Bucky. Great stuff.

Thanks for posting Tony.

Thanks Alex. I'm pretty fond of that one myself. I'm more of a DC fan as opposed to Marvel, but when Ross draws them I usually can't resist. Besides, his Tony Stark is modelled after Timothy Dalton so he scores extra points. :)
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Impressive collection, Tony. I particularly enjoyed your NASCAR set. I am a fan of NASCAR, although I rarely see it now compared to a few years ago. The late great Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon will always be ranked alongside the very best, and rightly so. However, neither of them is my favourite driver. That honour goes to Dale Jarrett.