Any new fan fiction on the horizon?

DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
Not trying to pressure anyone, I'm just curious if there's anyone who has a fan fiction on the way.

As you can tell I need some new reading lol

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I know Frostbitten is writing a fan fic called 'The Valley Of Shadows'. I designed the cover for it. I don't know when he'll finish it but what has already been writing can be seen in the following thread.
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=24907
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    My apologies for the long delay. I'm starting to have some time to write once again, and have just resumed working on the piece last night. I hope to have it finished soon.
  • Red GrantRed Grant Posts: 147MI6 Agent
    I would be interested in working with any other member on fan fiction if they would like my help.

My resume consists of working on Never Say Dead and The Devil's Gambit :p
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    edited May 2006
    DAWUSS wrote:
    Not trying to pressure anyone, I'm just curious if there's anyone who has a fan fiction on the way.

I'm currently working on a fanfiction that SiCo has recently approved for inclusion onto AJB.
    I won't give too much away about it, other that
    A) I plan to have it listed on the site (under it's own topic in the Literatre thread, and not in the Fanfiction section) within the next few weeks, and that
    B) it's something that I've been wanting to do for many years, and I'm very excited about it!
    Stay tuned!
    :D
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    I look forward Asio!!
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    You will be interested to hear I will be including a new short story of my own shortly that is very different as it sees 007 in situations that we wouldn't normally see him! :)

Asio's will no doubt be added to the site first - and come July work will begin on the next collaborative novel. (getting the team together and planning etc.)
    That's good news Sc1. Your fan-fics are very good, and I'm glad that we will be seeing Bond in unusual situations.

As for the new collaborative novel, I intend to get involved, provided you'll have me of course. :p I don't have a personal fan-fic on the go at the moment, so it might be a good time for me to try collaborative writing.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    edited May 2006
    This is excellent news! Admittedlty, there is still some fan fiction in the current library that I haven't read, but I always get excited to know more is added. Sometimes there's too much emphasis on the films and original novels...The fan fics are fresh and fun aspect to the site, and I was afraid that AJBer's were losing interest.

I'm looking forward to reading both your latest contributions!
    edited May 2006
    Asio's will no doubt be added to the site first
    Ah yes, production of my latest work has been increased as of late. I was planning out the final stages, and it's looks like I will have it finished by mid-June.
    And all of this talk about the new AJB-collaborative fan fiction sounds exciting, I too would like to throw my steel-rimmed Bowler Hat into the ring.
    :007)
    Drawn Out Dad.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    asio wrote:
    Asio's will no doubt be added to the site first
    Ah yes, production of my latest work has been increased as of late. I was planning out the final stages, and it's looks like I will have it finished by mid-June.
    And all of this talk about the new AJB-collaborative fan fiction sounds exciting, I too would like to throw my steel-rimmed Bowler Hat into the ring.
    :007)

A most welcome addition. I am pleased to see that there are those of you out there that still willing to share their talents. :D

Let me just say that my new tale which is still in its first draft stages Has 007 initially thrown into a case that will help discredit some famous antiestablishment characters of the sixties -however his closeness to a certain female ends up with a change of mind and the need to clear up some damage and deal with agents of another nation. It should if it works be an interesting and unusuak romp but with enough of the 007 formula intact to keep everyone happy. :D
    Just a heads up on my latest (secret) 007 project, I now have only 2 pages left to complete, and I should have it added to AJB (under it's own thread) by the end of this week.
    :D
    Drawn Out Dad.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    I am really looking forward to finishing the first draft of my current short story -and will be endeavouring to have it ready for publication towards the end of June beginning of July and then immediately after that the process of the next collaborative novel can start. :)
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    edited May 2006
    I am really looking forward to finishing the first draft of my current short story -and will be endeavouring to have it ready for publication towards the end of June beginning of July and then immediately after that the process of the next collaborative novel can start. :)

I'd love to be part of a collaborative novel - could you let me know when any plans are made, whether I could contribute? :)
    Sure -I'll start the whole process off some time towards the end of June with regards to getting the team sorted.
  • HitchHitch UKPosts: 19MI6 Agent
    I'd like to write some more Bond tales but I've had my six. ;) The Service refuses to grant me clearance to visit Department Inspiration. Looks like it's time to visit the Grumble Range and fire a few verbal volleys.:007)
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent

I'm already cycling through a few plotlines in my head already...
  • deliciousdelicious SydneyPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Sure -I'll start the whole process off some time towards the end of June with regards to getting the team sorted.

Hi there,

Any more news on the next collaborative fan fic novel?
    Sorry -my own tale has been delayed a little -but will be finished soon -soon as it is complete I will start the organisation process. Rest assured though it will be up and running in time for us get the story completed for its usual Christmas time slot. :)
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    I am in the middle of trying something called Nothing Is Forever. But I need some questions answered. How does the system of measurement go in England and was Bond married in September or October?
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • TheCaptainTheCaptain Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Well I am new to this forum, but was in the process of developing my own James Bond fanfiction story when I recently remembered I had signed up on here some time back - I had been on a mad hunt for as much Bond fanfic as I could find, back then. The quality of much of the fanfiction on the web for this iconic literary and motion picture character has been incredible, and in time I would like to add my own small contribution.

If anyone is interested in being a beta reader and supplying feedback for the first chapter which has already been written, and subsequent chapters as they come along, please feel free to PM me through this site. Thanks very much.

Capt
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    edited December 2006
    I am in the middle of trying something called Nothing Is Forever. But I need some questions answered. How does the system of measurement go in England and was Bond married in September or October?

The UK uses the metric system ((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system) with a number of notable exceptions - off the top of my head, they are:

1) long distances are measured in miles, never kilometres;
    2) beer is still sold in pints (though spirits are sold in metric measures);
    3) colloquailly, people will refer to their height in feet and inches, and their weight in stones and pounds (so someone will be "ten stone" - never "140 pounds" like in America);
    4) Sometimes measurements will be in feet and inches when discussed, so something will be "six feet long"; if it's being used for calculations though, it will usually be in metres/centimetres/millimetres;
    5) famously, British people talk about hot weather in fahrenheit ("it's over 100 degrees outside!") and cold weather in celsius ("it's below zero outside!").

And Bond married Teresa on New Year's Day - not September or October!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent

The UK uses the metric system ((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system) with a number of notable exceptions - off the top of my head, they are:

1) long distances are measured in miles, never kilometres;
    2) beer is still sold in pints (though spirits are sold in metric measures);
    3) colloquailly, people will refer to their height in feet and inches, and their weight in stones and pounds (so someone will be "ten stone" - never "140 pounds" like in America);
    4) Sometimes measurements will be in feet and inches when discussed, so something will be "six feet long"; if it's being used for calculations though, it will usually be in metres/centimetres/millimetres;
    5) famously, British people talk about hot weather in fahrenheit ("it's over 100 degrees outside!") and cold weather in celsius ("it's below zero outside!").

And Bond married Teresa on New Year's Day - not September or October!

Thanks so if somone was 115 pounds in America they would be about 5 stones. Thanks for the reat my first chapater is almost done.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Thanks so if somone was 115 pounds in America they would be about 5 stones. Thanks for the reat my first chapater is almost done.

There are fourteen pounds in a stone, so someone who was 115lbs would be 8 stone 3 pounds.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • DanielsBondGirlDanielsBondGirl Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I think there are a few communities on livejournal dedicated to fanfic
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    I think there are a few communities on livejournal dedicated to fanfic

Interesting.Thanks for the tip.Let's not forget that we have plenty of 007 fanfiction here.I hope you've checked out some of the stories.:)
  • fatchuck31088fatchuck31088 Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    I just started working on my first attempt at a fanfic. Probably will be like most things I do and never finish it. But I'm really into it right now, so we'll see.