Soundtrack editions

Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
edited September 2006 in James Bond Music
Just a quick question regarding Bond soundtracks. . .

I am currently trying to complete my collection and was wondering if the soundtracks which have no difference in number of tracks between the old and new release are inferior in any way. Is the sound quality poor etc. It's just that I seem to be finding some of the older releases selling quite cheaply and thought that if there was no big difference between the two it might be worth getting the older one and save money. ;)

Any info would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,316Chief of Staff
    Golrush007 wrote:
    Just a quick question regarding Bond soundtracks. . .

I am currently trying to complete my collection and was wondering if the soundtracks which have no difference in number of tracks between the old and new release are inferior in any way. Is the sound quality poor etc. It's just that I seem to be finding some of the older releases selling quite cheaply and thought that if there was no big difference between the two it might be worth getting the older one and save money. ;)

Any info would be very appreciated. Thanks.

The sound quality is definitely better on the remasters. Sometimes the difference is more marked than others, but it's always better. You should be able to find some of the remasters at reasonable prices if you shop around a bit!
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    Thanks, if the sound quality is better I'll definitely stick to the remastered editions.
    Another question: Was LTK released in the remastered series? It is the only pre TND that I have never seen in remastered form.

Just six soundtracks to go and my collection is complete.
  • Alan_moreAlan_more UKPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Golrush007 wrote:
    Another question: Was LTK released in the remastered series? It is the only pre TND that I have never seen in remastered form.

Unfortunately LTK is owned by MCA, so was not part of the remastering deal from EMI.
    I have a question - is there any difference in sound quality between the original CD release of Goldeneye and the 2003 remastered release?
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Nope, no difference. However, if you want a change, seek out the special Golden CD edition of GoldenEye, which promises to be a new, more durable option than regular CDs. In case you'd like to listen to GE in the year 2100, this is the way to go. :p
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    does any one know where i can get all the tracks from tnd that are not on the original cd?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,316Chief of Staff
    There was a second album released from the TND score, containing more tracks from the film not on the first album. It may still be available on eBay or Amazon.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    The Cat wrote:
    Nope, no difference. However, if you want a change, seek out the special Golden CD edition of GoldenEye, which promises to be a new, more durable option than regular CDs. In case you'd like to listen to GE in the year 2100, this is the way to go. :p

Eric Serra is going to hunt you down one day Cat. ;)