Sean Connery's tatoos

It's well known that Sean Connery has a couple of prominent tatoos on his forearm - if memory serves one says 'Scotland Forever', the other one might be 'Mother' or something but I can't recall. They were certainly visible in a couple of scenes on NSNA, but watching Dr NO and Goldfinger clips yesterday, I thought I caught a glimpse of them on his arm then, too. Kind of blurred, as if the costume deprtmant had covered them with vaseline or makeup to cover them up.

Question is, did Sean get his tatoos before NSNA but after his other Bonds, before he even did Dr No, or at some other point during his career? If anyone knwos the answer to this, I'd be interested to hear it.

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Connery got his tatoos way before his acting career began. While the makeüup department usually managed to cover up these tattoos, you can still catch them on promotional pictures, where they didn't pay too much attention to this. One of the better known Thunderball promotional pictures has Connery half naked and he is holding something (a gun or a spear, I can't remember), and the tattoos are very visible on that. I think the last printed issue of 007 Magazine (Issue 48) had a shot from that set of photos on its front cover.
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    i haven't noticed verry well (it's been years since i don't see NSNA... but thanks for the info.

What i saw yesterday was Tomb Raider, and Craig had some tatoos... those were real or just for the movie? will the tatoos be visible in CR?

I hope no.
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Can't remember which arms, but as crawfordboon remembers, one says "Scotland Forever" and I understand the other reads "Mum & Dad"