YKMN Question for People Who've Read the Script -- Possible Spoilers(?)

I can tell that "You Know My Name" references card playing moments from the film and that it's probably also meant as something of a "This never happened to the other fellow" acknowledgement of a new Bond. But for those who've read the script, does it reference any lines from the movie between Bond and LeChiffre?

I ask because I saw a video recently that shows LeChiffre "outting" Bond, who apparently is using a false name, and it occurs to me that perhaps "You know my name" is something he says to LeChiffre while being tortured. Or, perhaps, it's something he says to Vesper but that is also echoed in a conversation with the villain.

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    edited October 2006
    Gassy Man wrote:
    I can tell that "You Know My Name" references card playing moments from the film and that it's probably also meant as something of a "This never happened to the other fellow" acknowledgement of a new Bond. But for those who've read the script, does it reference any lines from the movie between Bond and LeChiffre?

I ask because I saw a video recently that shows LeChiffre "outting" Bond, who apparently is using a false name, and it occurs to me that perhaps "You know my name" is something he says to LeChiffre while being tortured. Or, perhaps, it's something he says to Vesper but that is also echoed in a conversation with the villain.

Nope.

The song has no reference to the card game in the script as you perceive it.
    YNWA 97