Torture Scene

jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
This was just posted at IMDb...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3941/tortureuh6600x585mh3.jpg

CR is looking to be a very dark movie. That scene looks disturbingly cruel.

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

As it should be. The more I hear and see of CR, the more Flemingesque it's turning out to be!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    If i were in Bond position id be feeling very threatened right about now. After all, hes naked right there. He'll be rendered useless for all the future ladies!
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

As it should be. The more I hear and see of CR, the more Flemingesque it's turning out to be!

You bet. For the first time in a long time, the audience should feel as if Bond is really in some jeopardy instead of just killing time between martinis. No standard-issue 007 here.
  • Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:

You bet. For the first time in a long time, the audience should feel as if Bond is really in some jeopardy instead of just killing time between martinis. No standard-issue 007 here.

You are very right, James Bond 007 was becoming the same-same, beat bad guys up, sleep with women, drink, repeat as many times as neccesary. :D
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    Hardyboy wrote:

Shades of 1953, For some reason I never believed they actually were going to go there. I'm glad they did.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Very exciting...it's a great time to be a fan of the books :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Remember when we thought it was cool that Bond was going to be tortured in DAD? He put his head in some ice water and grew a beard. Neato.

This looks so much better. An instant classic scene.
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    edited October 2006
    Jesus. That looks like a harsh scene. I'm surprised they went all the way: Bond full-monty and everything. I'm also surprised that they would give it a PG-13 for this reason alone: that's harsh stuff, and it leaves little to the imagination.

The only thing that would make that scene better is if that was Jean Reno with the carpet beater instead of Mads. He would have been perfect in that scene as Le Chiffre.
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    It looks as menacing and cruel as I envisioned it reading the book. No wonder he utters the line "whatever is left of me...I´m yours". Scary. It´s pure Fleming and yet, I cannot imagine any other actor playing Bond in that particular scene.
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent

My thoughts exactly, being a BIG fan of the books. Anything that I see from the film taken directly from the novel is very exciting. I hope CR is as close to the book as possible!
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Andy A 007 wrote:

My thoughts exactly, being a BIG fan of the books. Anything that I see from the film taken directly from the novel is very exciting. I hope CR is as close to the book as possible!
    I'm just hoping the scene ends, more or less, like the book, which I found both disturbing and surprising and a very nice touch by Fleming.
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    I just re-read CR, and I think many people that don´t know about the book are going to be surprised by key scenes in the movie (torture, the ending,...), not thinking in a million years that actually Ian Fleming came up with everything.
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    That is an incredible shot. It looks like something out of Hostel. Its sooo dark and gritty. You can see why they needed a dark and gritty actor now!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited October 2006
    Virgil wrote:
    I just re-read CR, and I think many people that don´t know about the book are going to be surprised by key scenes in the movie (torture, the ending,...), not thinking in a million years that actually Ian Fleming came up with everything.

You're right, Virgil...but, sadly, many don't care about Fleming---or his novels, despite the fact that we wouldn't have the movies without the books. There's still a persistent school of thought which believes that many literary elements of Bond, which haven't made it to the screen yet (until CR!) won't work, and thus won't be accepted by audiences.

I hope this isn't the case. I'd hate to think that what we've seen with James Bond in the previous 20 years is the limit of what the producers can do with the character...especially when so many assets from the books remain untapped---even in titles Eon have already produced.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM