Daniel Craig Swimsuit

Page 148 of the new book The Art Of Bond says that Craig's Bond wears a La Perla brief suit. It also says the T-shirts are custom fit Sunspels apart from the custom Brioni suits and Turnbull and Asser shirts.

DG
So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
image_zps6a725e59.jpg
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yes, both Halle Berry's swimsuit and Craig;s swimsuit can be ordered from their web site.

By theyway, that is one of the best books I have ever purchased on the subject of Bond....amazing pics and recollections!
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Mantis,

Can you give me the link. I could not find it on their site.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I can't find it either. ?:)
    edited October 2006
    Sorry I took so long....go to this link....you can also order a Solange suit for your wife or girlfriend....click on NEWS and you will have all the info. It is a Grigioperla sport suit. I am getting US distribution numbers so we can order within the USA. Stay tuned.

http://www.laperla.com/home2.htm
  • auric1auric1 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Cant find the shorts on the La Perla website - anyone actually located them?
    Thanks
  • auric1auric1 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Aha
    !
    http://www.laperla.com/home2.htm
    And click on news
    Definitely going to buy a pair of those trunks. Hope you find a way to get them, Mantis.
    I am on it...speaking tomorrow to jeniffer from la Perla....
    Thanks, you're the man. {[]
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:

Please let us know how you get on, Mantis. I'd buy a pair if the price isn't silly.
    YNWA 97
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Cool beans.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    Any news on this front? I was going to go into the La Perla store this week, but I figured they wouldn't be selling swimsuits in November.
    GO IN! And if you find a large or extra large pick one up for me...I am having no luck.
    I'll try to go sometime this week.
  • bondedmanbondedman Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Mantis, Thanks for the info. What about the black trunks he wears with the white stripes? That scene is reminiscent of Burt Lancaster. He wore a dark square cut trunk on a beach rolling with a girl too.
    La Perla, 433 North Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (310) 860-0561

La Perla, The Village of Merrick Park, 342 San Lorenzo Avenue, Suite 1020, Coral Gables, FL 33146 (305) 448-8805
  • AgamemnonAgamemnon ColoradoPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    Has anyone found a US dealer... I really would like to purchase a pair.

cheers
    I emailed this to the seller....BEWARE of this person:

You are using my picture of my swim suit without my permission...Please delete this picture immediately from your auction.

David Zaritsky
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Tell ebay!
    The Mantis wrote:
    I emailed this to the seller....BEWARE of this person:

You are using my picture of my swim suit without my permission...Please delete this picture immediately from your auction.

David Zaritsky

Thanks for the warning, Mantis. I could have been tempted to have a go for these - Cheers -{
    YNWA 97
    The seller emailed an apology to me and removed the picture. I told him to snap off some pics of the suit he has and I am sure it would fetch a fortune now as they are as rare as hen's teeth....
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Very dodgy. Now claiming he has no digi cam?
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:

And now the "item is no longer for sale" - draw your own conclusions !
    Thanks again, Mantis :)
    YNWA 97
    No worries....what good is out tight little community if not to watch each other's backs?
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

And now the "item is no longer for sale" - draw your own conclusions !
    Thanks again, Mantis :)
    Hi, I'm new here but have been reading the forum for a while. I emailed the seller and asked him if he had a pair in XL, he said he didn't and just sold the pair he had to a james Bond collector. eBay shows that no one bid on it though, now he emailed me and said he has a size XL which is posted (with pictures)but it kind of gives me an uneasy feeling even though he has a good eBay rating.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250070169879&rd=1&rd=1
    Steer clear. Coincidence is not a good thing with this.
    You aren't supposed to, but it isn't unheard of to sell a product before closing and then end the auction prematurely. I've bought things this way and saved what seemed to be hundreds of dollars, most recently with a Dior coat. So it doesn't necessarily mean that the guy isn't trustworthy if he ends the auction early.
    Seems a bit odd that one minute he hasn't got an XL and the next he's listed that exact size.

Trust no-one, kill them all :v