All 6 - Sort it Out Eon etc

A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
edited November 2006 in General James Bond Chat
We've discussed the 5 Bond Photo, we should now be pushing for the 6 Bond Photo. We are fortunate that we have all the actors who portrayed the official cinematic Bond amongst us. I mean we couldn't do this for Dr Who for example, which more or less started at the same time.

So will someone at Eon take the poker out of their ar*e, or even some of the actors who have a hangup and get this done. 50th anniversary is too far away, 2010, who knows who will be around, even some of us may not be here !

Next year to coincide with the DVD release of CR they could do a 45th Anniverary special and have a proper official photo of all the actors together - as in the same bloody room - no cut and pastes of photos ! and it will be 2007.

Are we asking for much? Surely having kept the franchise alive for 40 years plus, re-investing in different formats and issues, we are owed this small favour.

I'm sick of reading how each of the actors always endorses the next or another one - well prove it then.

Yours Incensed

Comments

• mrwoodpigeonmrwoodpigeon Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Has there ever been a gathering of Bonds before? I'd like to see any photos that are about.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    We've had mostly twos,

Connery and Moore, Moore and Dalton, Moore and Brosnan, Brosnan and Craig

There was brief trio on the carpet in 02 of Moore Dalton and Brosnan (or was it Lazenby?)

Then we had the foursome excluding Connery for 2002 Bond Bafta Night.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Can you imagine the egos in that room! How would they stage the photographs? Who would be in the center?

SC: "I was the firsht Bond!"

DC: "But I'm bloody Bond now, so get over it!"

PB: "People still think I should be Bond!"

RM: "I made the most Bond movies! I should be in the center

TD: "I'm considered by many to be the best literal interpretation of Bond. That should count for something."

GL: "Well, I used to be a male model. I think that pretty much settles it!"
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Funny stuff, Darenhat. One question, though. Why does anyone have to be in the middle? How about 1-6, left to right A simple timeline.

Top marks for the post, A7ce. I had posted something similiar with The 5 Bonds:Why No Photo? some months ago.

Our desire for a photo is the same The difference is simple. You articulated an urgency which I did not. You are 100% right in being "incensed". What's it going to take to get 5 (now 6) grown men in a room for an hour?

I mean, seriously, what is going on?

Oh, sure,anyone can blame Eon and all the feuds but you know what? Who cares? We are talking about a historic moment in show business history.

I maintain that the House Of Bond will never be in proper order until 5 men (who owe their career to Bond) shake hands in unison and welcome their newest brethren.

Look, the simplest gestures can be the most rewarding This photo is for the fans. Pure and simple.

It is a photo which unites the past and the never-ending Bond future. It will warm the heart of EVERY Bond fan in the world. (Millions spanning 40 years!) As A7ce has said, is this too much to ask for?

Sean, George, Roger, Timothy and Pierce...with all due respect, sirs, and with great admiration for a lifetime of entertainment...it is time you five gentleman took it upon yourselves to join for one day for a simple salute to the fans.

And remember, plenty of laughs (cue Roger) and drinks with the only actors who have lived Bond. The comparing of Bond notes...that alone would be worth the trip.

One question, A7ce: Outside of a handful of people on this site, do you think that anyone else is talking about this? What a shame if they're not.

"I 'm beginning to like you, Mr.Bond"
    "Mmm...call me James"
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    Can you imagine the egos in that room! How would they stage the photographs? Who would be in the center?

TD: "I'm considered by many to be the best literal interpretation of Bond. That should count for something."

GL adds: "And Pierce is such a pansy."
    PB adds: "(Points at himself) 4 movies. (Points at George) 1 movie."
    RM raises eyebrow, adds: "At least I did my own stunts."
    TD adds: "I'm the best literary interpreter of Bond."
    SC adds: "You could have crushed a 30 lb. diamond in your arse with that performance, you anal *******!"
    DC adds: "F**k off, you c***s!"
  • Klaus HergescheimerKlaus Hergescheimer Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    darenhat wrote:

GL adds: "And Pierce is such a pansy."
    PB adds: "(Points at himself) 4 movies. (Points at George) 1 movie."
    RM raises eyebrow, adds: "At least I did my own stunts."
    TD adds: "I'm the best literary interpreter of Bond."
    SC adds: "You could have crushed a 30 lb. diamond in your arse with that performance, you anal b*stard!"
    DC adds: "F**k off, you c***s!"
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited November 2006
    They'd need to make a documentary about the process of getting the six actors together, while they were at it. How cool would that be? Recollections, scar comparisons... B-)

I wonder what it would take to pull something like this off. A perfect TV project for 2007 (hello!?), I think... :007) Great way to kill some time until they start shooting #22...

Eon should make it a priority; these gents aren't getting any younger...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ATPrescottATPrescott Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    Who would be in the center?

With an even number of actors, there's no way that one of them would be placed exactly in the middle. :p

And that might lead into an endless brawl among the participants. :D
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    Has there ever been a gathering of Bonds before? I'd like to see any photos that are about.

Here is the thread Bigzilcho was referring to. It has plenty of photos in it.Quite a nice little Bond gallery.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=24346

As for the photo, it is so frustrating it hasn't occurred.

( edit ... forgot to put the thread in ;% )
    bigzilcho wrote:
    I had posted something similiar with The 5 Bonds:Why No Photo? some months ago.
    >
    >
    One question, A7ce: Outside of a handful of people on this site, do you think that anyone else is talking about this? What a shame if they're not.

Yes I remember seeing that post recently and I think I had a similar one a couple of years ago. I think some of the gang here presented mock up group photos which were good.

As for a group of people requesting this, I think every Bond fan should be requesting this, which runs into millions. When you buy a JB cinema ticket or a DVD you should be forced to sign a petition for this, that would show the true numbers !!!
    They'd need to make a documentary about the process of getting the six actors together, while they were at it. How cool would that be? Recollections, scar comparisons... B-)

>

Eon should make it a priority; these gents aren't getting any younger...

Really good point, a documentary following them, on TV and on DVD later, abut 1.5 hours sounds right with discussion and clips.

and yes they aren't getting any younger, i believe Sir Roger is or is nearing 80. Mr Connery is 3 years behind. Hey even Brosnan is nearing his mid-fities, which in this day, age and climate u are lucky to get to.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I think that if anybody were to get them together, it would be Sir Roger. I also think that one reason he might agree to it is if the money from the photo and/or documentary went to Unicef.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    I think Lazenby would be the most prickly out of them, sort of "You've got a bank balance I should have had..." Mind you, he turned up for DAD celebrations.

Then Sir Sean, who might be reeled in by Moore, but otherwise doesn't get out of Marbella for less than £20m. :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Then Sir Sean, who might be reeled in by Moore, but otherwise doesn't get out of Marbella for less than £20m. :))
    You never know. He might agree to do it if he was assured that the photo would be incomplete without the best ever Bond. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    But why would he want to meet Daniel Craig... :o

BTW Craig looks great on the cover of the new Radio Times, otherwise, he'd still kind of be the odd man out...

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    BTW Craig looks great on the cover of the new Radio Times, otherwise, he'd still kind of be the odd man out...

And here is your chance to agree or disagree with Napoleon's assessment. I tend to agree.

The page may take a while to load. Be patient, it's worth it.

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/magflash/
    I don't think he looks wonderful but I do think he looks better than in most of his other photos. BTW, is it just my imagination, or was his hair dyed? ;)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    So you want six guys, three of whom are cracking on a bit, to travel halfway across the world just for a photo? Sean's in the Bahamas, George, Tim and Pierce are all in the US I think, Roger's in Switzerland/Monaco and Daniel's in the UK. A bit of a pain for one photo; it'd be nice but I'm not holding my breath.
  • mrwoodpigeonmrwoodpigeon Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Maybe at next years Oscars there'll be a chance :)

-{
    emtiem wrote:
    So you want six guys, three of whom are cracking on a bit, to travel halfway across the world just for a photo? Sean's in the Bahamas, George, Tim and Pierce are all in the US I think, Roger's in Switzerland/Monaco and Daniel's in the UK. A bit of a pain for one photo; it'd be nice but I'm not holding my breath.
    Of course it will never happen. But we can only hope; we're Bond fans. ;)

And here is your chance to agree or disagree with Napoleon's assessment. I tend to agree.

The page may take a while to load. Be patient, it's worth it.

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/magflash/

Cheers MNL, though there's an easier link it seems on our deadly rival:

www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=4343

Roger Moore 1927-2017