Daniel Craigs Workout

For those of you that are wondering what sort of stuff he did to get in shape, in this months GQ magazine it has a double page spread by his personal trainer explaining all the excercises. Its also got a long interview with Craig and some pages about cool Bond gadgets you can buy.

Though you might like to know,

Best Regards,

Walther

Comments

• taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Yeah, does it say specifically what he does, or just pumping iron with a trainer for 3 months?

I saw him in Layer Cake, its not like he looked out of shape in that.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    Walther 00 wrote:
    For those of you that are wondering what sort of stuff he did to get in shape, in this months GQ magazine it has a double page spread by his personal trainer explaining all the excercises. Its also got a long interview with Craig and some pages about cool Bond gadgets you can buy.

Though you might like to know,

Best Regards,

Walther

I'd love to get my hands on it, given that I go to the gym quite a bit and have been looking for a new routine. I looked in the November issue here in the States and couldn't find it, but I think GQ here and in Britain are different. Can you tell me who is the cover and the month? I think there's a GQ with Craig on the cover in England. If that's the one, I'm going to call GQ-UK and ask them to send me an issue.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    If that's the one, I'm going to call GQ-UK and ask them to send me an issue.

Barnes & Noble carry both US and UK GQ. In fact, they carry both versions of several magazines.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    highhopes wrote:
    If that's the one, I'm going to call GQ-UK and ask them to send me an issue.

Barnes & Noble carry both US and UK GQ. In fact, they carry both versions of several magazines.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. It's funny, but I was going to go to Barnes and Noble but figured I'd just swing by the grocery store. Should have stuck with the original plan. I'll check it out.
  • mrwoodpigeonmrwoodpigeon Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    I'm going to pick this up latter today. I'll let you know if there is a detailed workout or the usual "had a trainer for X months" :)
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    highhopes wrote:
    I'd love to get my hands on it, given that I go to the gym quite a bit and have been looking for a new routine. I looked in the November issue here in the States and couldn't find it, but I think GQ here and in Britain are different. Can you tell me who is the cover and the month? I think there's a GQ with Craig on the cover in England. If that's the one, I'm going to call GQ-UK and ask them to send me an issue.

I believe it has Daniel Craig on the cover ... I remember walking past a couple yesterday and they are pretty striking.

GQ December 06
    I'm going to pick this up latter today. I'll let you know if there is a detailed workout or the usual "had a trainer for X months" :)
    Predator wrote:
    I believe it has Daniel Craig on the cover ... I remember walking past a couple yesterday and they are pretty striking.

GQ December 06

{[] Thanks, guys.

Were you able to find the workout pages, and is it indeed the special Bond edition with Craig on the cover? I was unable to find it at Barnes and Noble but can apparently get it on e-bay, so let me know
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Watched Tomb Raider one last night! Though a bit skinny in the film he is naturally in good physical condition. Glad he bulked up for bond, certainly makes him look more convincing for action scenes.
    '...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • chris3276chris3276 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    The workout is pretty much as follows:
    Dips
    Pull-ups
    Push-ups
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    performed intensely and with explosiveness with very little rest in-between sets. This is effectively a cardio weight session. The workout is designed by Simon Waterson-check out his book Commando Fitness for more of the same in detail.

Good luck boys and PM me if you'd like more details about fitness - i'm a Personal Trainer.
    Adios amigos
    chris3276 wrote:
    The workout is pretty much as follows:
    Dips
    Pull-ups
    Push-ups
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    performed intensely and with explosiveness with very little rest in-between sets. This is effectively a cardio weight session. The workout is designed by Simon Waterson-check out his book Commando Fitness for more of the same in detail.

Good luck boys and PM me if you'd like more details about fitness - i'm a Personal Trainer.
    Adios amigos

Thanks, Chris. I bought the GQ-U.K. special CR issue on e-Bay, but it may take a couple weeks to get here. Now I can get started. He really did a number on his shoulders and from your list, I can see why.