Where did they shoot the scene

Where did they shoot the scene in Dr No where Ursula Andress comes out the water?

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    According to imdb the location is: Laughing Waters Beach on the Laughing Water Estate owned by Mrs. Minnie Simpson in Ocho Rios, St. Ann, Jamaica. Mrs. Simpson had been a fan of the Ian Fleming James Bond novels
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    I was going to answer in rememberance of BONDAGE fanzine.

Showcasing a young Connery signing what I believe was a coconut for a Jamaican child. It was a touching picture.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Brilliant! Thanks for your help guys.

;)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Raymond Benson relates an amusing anecdote about the filming of Dr. No in his James Bond Bedside Companion. According to Benson, Terence Young was in the middle of shooting the scene where Ursula Andress comes out of the water, and all of a sudden four men wandered into the shot. Young shouted at them to get down, and all four hit the sand. The scene was finished, and, half an hour later, Young remembered the men. He sent someone to find them, and they turned out to be none other than Ian Fleming, Noel Coward, the poet Stephen Spender, and author/critic Peter Quennell.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    According to imdb the location is: Laughing Waters Beach on the Laughing Water Estate owned by Mrs. Minnie Simpson in Ocho Rios, St. Ann, Jamaica. Mrs. Simpson had been a fan of the Ian Fleming James Bond novels

Are you sure about the ownership? When I was there I seem to recall something about it being a government-owned conference center or national park ... something to that effect.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Are you sure about the ownership? When I was there I seem to recall something about it being a government-owned conference center or national park ... something to that effect.

Well it is imdb. It's reliable, but not always accurate. Only thing I can think of is, at the time of filming it was owned by the above mentioned lady. And now it's owned by the group you mentioned. I'll search around, see what I can find.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Well it is imdb. It's reliable, but not always accurate. Only thing I can think of is, at the time of filming it was owned by the above mentioned lady. And now it's owned by the group you mentioned. I'll search around, see what I can find.

Sorry, I should have noted that yes, that was absolutely true when the film was shot, but I don't believe it's correct now; the estate was since sold or donated.