Bond Wardrobe on "Access Hollywood"

Bending the rules a bit by posting twice, though only creating a new topic here ...

The next "Access Hollywood" (which seems is only on at 4 AM in my market!) is doing a segment on Bond's wardrobe with a spotlight on CR. Since it doesn't appear AH is broadcast over the weekend, I'm assuming this is Monday, 13 November.

Swimwear definitely featured.

Mantis should be in heaven ... ;)

Comments

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    edited November 2006
    Yes , they showed the LaPerla swim suit. Hopefully, they will have a "where to buy" post on their website tomorrow.
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Did I miss it? Or can I still see the episode?
    Access Hollywood has the clip on their website. Cost of the trunks is $87.00. Does not say where to buy, but everything is supposed to be by Hugo Boss. Maybe that means Hugo Boss sells the LaPerla swim trunks.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    I feel stupid, but I can't find it on their website. Could you post a link, DG?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    If you are interested in purchasing the correct swimsuit email me at dzaritsky@msn.com
    Email sent, bud.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    I feel stupid, but I can't find it on their website. Could you post a link, DG?

The clip is here:
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah2563.shtml

The press release is dated today so, again, should be on Monday's show.

Boss is sponsoring the campaign so I think the suit just got rolled-up under their label rather than try to address it separately and draw attention elsewhere. I'll know more when I'm in Beverly Hills next weekend.
    Here is the general breakdown I have:

Sunspel made casual wear including polos, pullovers, t-shirts, underwear etc...
    Persol made the glasses
    La Perla the two swim suits
    Brioni the suits an tux
    Turnbull and Asser the shirts
    Lobb the shoes
    My swim trunks have been ordered. Should have them next week.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    The Mantis wrote:
    Here is the general breakdown I have ...

I spoke with someone at HB. Apparently, they were responsible for much of the wardrobe on CR, just no signature pieces worn by Craig.* Since they can't specifically lay claim to Bond's look in the film, they're instead connecting their various menswear lines with his appearance over the decades; that is, if you want "classic Connery," Boss offers it, "Moore suave," Boss has it, "Brosnan chic," Boss again, etc. Clever extension of the placement.

Interesting, too, that they included the La Perla--obviously non-Boss--but since HB doesn't offer swimwear, maybe they figure showcasing all the CR wardrobe (along with that model; did someone forgot to bring a cup?) outweighs stepping outside the brand.

*Other than the trailer, I've deliberately avoided seeing any photos or other publicity for the new film so I have no idea what they contributed.
    I have contacted the La Perla people thanks to Mantis, I'll most likely finish my order tomorrow and they'll be able to ship it out on Monday.
    I have contacted the La Perla people thanks to Mantis, I'll most likely finish my order tomorrow and they'll be able to ship it out on Monday.

Just in time to wear to premeire; lucky you. :p
    edited November 2006
    Edited for harmony sake....
  • Chance1826Chance1826 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I am trying to locate Daniel Craig's (Bond's) casual wear... I like the khaki like jeans he wore in the bahamas...the polos, and the other casual wear....I cannot find these pieces offered by Sunspel....any help is much appreciated! Someone said Hugo Boss...did the make these items? Was it Ted Baker or Brioni?

CK
    The Mantis wrote:
    Here is the general breakdown I have:

Sunspel made casual wear including polos, pullovers, t-shirts, underwear etc...
    Persol made the glasses
    La Perla the two swim suits
    Brioni the suits an tux
    Turnbull and Asser the shirts
    Lobb the shoes
    Chance1826 wrote:
    I am trying to locate Daniel Craig's (Bond's) casual wear... I like the khaki like jeans he wore in the bahamas...the polos, and the other casual wear....I cannot find these pieces offered by Sunspel....any help is much appreciated! Someone said Hugo Boss...did the make these items? Was it Ted Baker or Brioni?

Having finally seen the film, I think Boss supplied wardrobe for just about everyone (like the African crime lord, etc.) except Craig. The bulk of his wardrobe looks to have come from Baker, certainly not Brioni (who are specifically credited on the film for suits only).
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    When you say 'Baker', are you referring to Ted Baker? If so, are you basing this on anything or just observation?

Also, I'm trying to find the post about Brioni's limited-issue CR evening suit and its cost. Anyone help me out?
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Ted Baker doesn't seem like a brand bond would wear in my view.
    s96024 wrote:
    Ted Baker doesn't seem like a brand bond would wear in my view.

Ted Baker is expensive, well made, and English. Why not?