Timothy Dalton in NSNA!!!

Just flicking through the IMDb board for NSNA, and one of the users picked up something I've never noticed before or even heard about from any Bodn fan.

When Domino (Kim Basinger) is walking from the bar area, where she was sat alone looking folorn (just as she does for the whole movie), she walks through a mirrored door, and Fatima watches her go, and closes it behind her. As Domino continues to walk through a hall, towards the camera, flanked on either side by rows of arcade video machines, on her left (our right as we see it) a man, who hsa been playing one of the machines, gets up and faces the camera. he's sort of level with Domino until she walks past him. He's only onscreen for a second, but I'm pretty sure that it was Tim Dalton! Either that or TD has a greasy-looking slightly Latino identical ttwin! Check it out for yourself.

I shouldn't be surprised not to have seen this or heard of it before, after all it's only for a second or so, in the middle of a boring piece in the middle of a terribly overrated ugly sister of a film.

"Dalton" appears again shortly afterwards, just as Domino spots Max Largo in the same "game hall" place. As Largo comes through a small gap in the row of machines towards Domino (who I think is talking to Bond) we see "Dalton" step round him, walking through the gap as we see it, again for maybe half a second. Check it out if you get the chance!

I wonder why McClory and Schwarzman put Dalton in this missable cameo - maybe it was a way of putting two fingers up to Brocolli, who had missed out on getting Dalton in the late 60s early 70s, saying "your first two choice Bonds (i.e. Dalton and Connery) in NSNA, and you've only got Roger Moore!" Who knows??

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    This has been discussed before and I believe the general consensus is that Dalton did not appear in NSNA. ;)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    And I am wholeheartedly glad that he did not.
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Yup, it's the greasy haired Mexican twin. This is an urban legend that has been debunked many, many times.
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    It's not true.Simply because someone posted this story at IMDB does not make it anymore accurate than if they'd added that Cubby Broccoli,Michael Wilson,Barbara Broccoli,Tony Blair,Roger Moore,Pierce Brosnan,Peter Sellers,Ursula Andress,Benny Hill,George Lazenby,Ian Fleming and Harry Saltzman also have brief cameos in NSNA.

This is just a rumor that's been disproved many times over.

Topic closed.
This discussion has been closed.