Day Break

Did anyone one else catch this show on ABC that is in LOST's time slot? I thought it was pretty good. I'd love to discuss it if anyone else saw it!

Comments

• the golden gun guythe golden gun guy USAPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    Yes I watched it also, and I have to say it was a lot better than I expected. Although it's not as good as lost. But I'm sure I will watch it every week. It is more interesting than I thought it would be also, and it makes you wonder why he keeps waking up on the same day. But it would be very frustrating having to explain the same thing every day to everyone X-(
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited November 2006
    I'm very excited about this show, as my brother---who is a struggling actor in LA---recently shot a guest role for episode 10! :D :D :D

He plays a neurotic air passenger who is convinced that the plane is going to crash; he has three scenes in the first fifteen minutes of the episode...

Thus, my brother spent eight hours in an airline seat sitting next to Taye Diggs---he says he's a very nice guy...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    I'm very excited about this show, as my brother---who is a struggling actor in LA---recently shot a guest role for episode 10! :D :D :D

He plays a neurotic air passenger who is convinced that the plane is going to crash; he has three scenes in the first fifteen minutes of the episode...

Thus, my brother spent eight hours in an airline seat sitting next to Taye Diggs---he says he's a very nice guy...

Two brothers trying to succeed in the entertainment world. Good luck to both of you. If he is the actor, I guess he is the good looking one. :))
  • MI-6 AGENT 003MI-6 AGENT 003 Posts: 53MI6 Agent

That's awesome! Good luck to your brother!
    Two brothers trying to succeed in the entertainment world. Good luck to both of you. If he is the actor, I guess he is the good looking one. :))

Quite right, Barry---younger, thinner and better looking :)) But he has a receding hairline, and I'm merely going grey; nature has a way of evening things out B-)
    Man this is a really good show, I can't believe no one else is watching this. I'm just as excited for tonight's episode as I would be for an episode of LOST or 24.
  • Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent
    I very much like the show. An excellent plot!
  • Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent

(Sorry for double posting!) Thanks for informing me, THE SPLOILERS! :p
    edited December 2006

(Sorry for double posting!) Thanks for informing me, THE SPLOILERS! :p

Not really a spoiler...you'll know why when you watch Episode 10 ;)
    I really liked the last episode. Looks like Hopper might get some answers in the upcoming episode.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, Day Break fans, but the show is no more.

Source: Zap2it.com:

'Day Break' Goes Dark at ABC
    'Show Me the Money' also pulled

December 15, 2006

The pre-Christmas housecleaning of ABC's schedule continued Friday, with the crime drama "Day Break" and game show "Show Me the Money" being shown the door.

The moves come a day after ABC booted the comedy "Help Me Help You" from its lineup, opting instead to run back-to-back episodes of "Big Day" in the 9 p.m. Tuesday spot for the next few weeks.

The dumping of "Show Me the Money" is a bit of a surprise considering that just last week ABC ordered six more episodes of the William Shatner-hosted quiz show and announced it would move to Tuesdays after the new year. That won't be happening now; news reports say the network still has several finished episodes waiting to air, but there aren't at the moment any set plans to burn them off.

As for "Day Break," its future was already in doubt when ABC announced that two comedies, "The Knights of Prosperity" and "In Case of Emergency," would take over its 9 p.m. Wednesday timeslot starting Jan. 3. That would have left the serialized thriller starring Taye Diggs without a home a month before its scheduled conclusion.

The decision follows a weak ratings performance this week, with both shows hitting new lows in the key adults 18-49 demographic (1.6 for "Money" and 1.4 for "Day Break").

Reruns of "George Lopez" and "According to Jim" will fill the two hours from 8 to 10 p.m. Wednesday for the next two weeks (both shows begin new seasons on the night in January). "America's Funniest Home Videos" will slide into "Show Me the Money's" Tuesday spot starting Jan. 2.

I never watched the show, but I weep for your loss, faithful viewers. :'(
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Yeah this really sucks. Especially if the rest of the season isn't available anywhere. This show is a pretty good show. Now I'm just left with a bunch of unanswered questions, which sucks of course.
    My brother is hoping that they'll release the full thing on DVD---and that he'll make the cut, so that he can enhance his 'reel.'

Tough break; tough business.