Tropical Shirt

Does anyone know where I can find the shirt that bond was wearing during the whole Madagascar chase. It was a tropical shirt, just wondering if anyone knew what kind it was. Thanks!

Comments

• Mikep99Mikep99 Posts: 104MI6 Agent
    I have been wondering the samething.

Anyone?

I bet it's about $145 or so.
  • mike77mike77 Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    edited November 2006
    or maybe something that looks like it :D
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    That's kinda funny, as I remember some people complaining about how they hated that shirt and the idea of Bond in it when the photos first appeared on the Web.

At any rate, it seems rather a common design, doesn't it? I'd expect an outfitter of tropical or surf gear or maybe even some general department stores might carry that.
  • DeltaEliteDeltaElite Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Anyone have a close-up picture of the pattern?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    its a good choice of cloths from both perspectives as he can conceal his P99 but not die of heat exhasuation from a heavier tropical suit or something and its light enough that he can move around well enough, and he blends in more, but yea id like to get me hands on one similar to :)
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I read the following Lindy Hemming interview:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/bond_21_lindy_hemming_interview.php3?t=&s=main

She said she designed it and had it made so unless anyone can call her up and ask her where I dont htink we can find it:

Close up: http://people.timezone.com/jmerino/omegabond5.jpg
    Does anyone know of the pants that he used in the sequence with the tropical shirt? I have the book Bond on the set with Gregg williams and you get to see some interesting pictures of him with these nice pants. They look like linen pants.
    Lindy references teh pants in the article to they were probably designed and made for teh film. I have that book its fantastic!
    sruzgar wrote:
    Lindy references teh pants in the article to they were probably designed and made for teh film. I have that book its fantastic!

What book?
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    "And for something like the cricket scene, where he goes to the cricket pavilion and he kills a guy in the shower, even though it’s only a few seconds in the film, there were about 30 versions of that suit."

and what part in th film was that?? Obviously cut.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I think that was the original idea for the first kill, but they ended up only keeping the bathroom and cut the encounter in the cricket pavilion. Possibly because Bond watching a guy in the cricket stands and Bond watching Mollaka would seem ridiculously similar.
    Bond on teh Set Book!
    If you had pictures of the shirt, couldn't someone go to a tailor and have it custom made?
    yea prolly, its sweet looking shirt
  • Mekuria_007Mekuria_007 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    DeltaElite wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can find the shirt that bond was wearing during the whole Madagascar chase. It was a tropical shirt, just wondering if anyone knew what kind it was. Thanks!

If i found that shirt i'd love to buy it, But i'd definately buy the suit from the final scene when Craig was standing over Mr.White....... silk blue, COOL!!!
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    If you had pictures of the shirt, couldn't someone go to a tailor and have it custom made?

You might match the style, but this wouldn't replicate the pattern unless you had some of the original material. And if you only wanted to approximate the material it wouldn't be worth having the shirt specially made - you could find an approximate match with any number of similar shirts from a surf shop, department store, whatever.

I'd imagine the shirt was made by Sunspel (most of Lindy's custom designs for shirts etc seem to have come from there). It might be worth approaching them to see if they were willing to produce a limited run of replica shirts.
    Yes, that shirt. Do you know who makes it?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I realize that Hemming said in an interview that Sunspel worked outside their normal "box" and made sporty shirts but I would be surprised if they made this one. Grey T-shirts and a navy polo, yes, but even the owners of Sunspel are not aware that they did this shirt. Believe me I asked. A custom shirt shop remarked that they could replicate the shirt but as Bill Tanner says above it will always be a few degrees diffferent unless you had the same bolster of fabric.
    I'd be willing to buy a replicated not 100% perfect one if the price wasn't ridiculous. Did they give you a quote, Mantis?
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    I'd also want to buy one
  • EagleEagle UKPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    I'm in - but the real McCoy must be around somewhere...
    Mantis, who did you get your info from at sunspel?

I had emailed them a photo of this shirt asking if they made it and someone fairly high up in the company told me that they did!
    yea id love to buy a replica or something that looks close enough to the tropical shirt.
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Mantis, who did you get your info from at sunspel?

I had emailed them a photo of this shirt asking if they made it and someone fairly high up in the company told me that they did!

Any more information on this lead?
    It turns out they thought I was talking about the t-shirt undeneath the tropical shirt.

I still dont even think they made that t-shirt so the trail is cold...
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Ah, thanks anyway.
  • DonHombreDonHombre Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hello,

I'd just wanted to ask if there is any progress regarding the shirt? I'm also very interested in that shirt.

regards
  • I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    I bought a very similar shirt on ebay last summer (2006) as I'd seen the on-set photos of CR and wanted to be ahead of the game. I will try and put a photo up so that you can all see it - it is a quicksilva shirt from about 4 years ago. Pattern is slightly different, but shirt is the right colour. Looks good with a grey t-shirt underneath.

image.jpg

http://www.nrgforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2&d=1193344904

The photo was taken in Nice. Wonderful city BTW.
  • DonHombreDonHombre Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    Hey,

I can't see the picture. Can you send it via email? I would send you my address via PM.