Penguin Books Missing Pages?

Hi, I just received my order of 5 Ian Fleming James Bond books (I read mine so often they wear out!). I purchased them (the new, soft paperpacks from Penguin) from BookCloseouts.com and I was shocked to see that Octopussy is missing a whopping 70 pages at the end!! The pages haven't been torn out; they are just not there!

Also, the copyright page states that there is an introduction by Peter Janson-Smith. Is it at the beginning of the book or is it in one of the missing pages?

Has anyone else seen this problem? Also, the From Russia With Love book is missing the final three pages!

I have a call in to see what's going on. I wonder if I'm the only one to have books like this and if they are now a collectible!!

Cheers!

Comments

• asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    I just rechecked my copy of Octopussy And The Living Daylights (the most recent release, with the retro artwork cover) and it does have all of the pages included.
    The introduction by Peter Janson-Smith is for the short story of "007 In New York" and it only runs for 1-2 pages.
    If you have discovered some pages missing, then I suggest you contact the publisher.
    Welcome to AJB007, by the way.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • CDWentCDWent Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi. Thanks for responding. After further review, here's what I've found, the book contains the first 70 pages, then the same 70 pages repeat themselves! The bookstore has refunded my money as they were out of stock. They didn't want the book back so I guess I'll keep it as a novelty.

I've read every bond book (except the Benson ones) repeatedly and I'm so looking forward to 007 in New York as I've never read it!