Questions about Goldeneye casting

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
I read somewhere that a supermodel was asked to to play Natalya (a part I think Cathrine Zeta-Jones should have done), who was the supermodel?
I have also read that Liam Neeson was asked to play Bond in before GE. I think James Purefoy was considered. Who else was "in the cards" back then?

Comments

• arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    According to a few articles I've stumbled across the following actors tested for the part of James Bond in GoldenEye:

Sean Bean
    Jason Isaacs
    James Purefoy
    Greg Wise
    Nathaniel Parker
    Mark Frankel
    Colin Wells
    Jeremy Northarm

I don't know about Neeson or how seriously they considered him. Brosnan's screentest from 1986 was available so they didn't test him. I'm sure I read an article once which said that Purefoy impressed and was marked as a future Bond but Barbara wanted Sean Bean. The studio insisted on the Brozzer.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,267MI6 Agent
    I believe it was Elle MacPherson...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    According to a few articles I've stumbled across the following actors tested for the part of James Bond in GoldenEye:

Sean Bean
    Jason Isaacs
    James Purefoy
    Greg Wise
    Nathaniel Parker
    Mark Frankel
    Colin Wells
    Jeremy Northarm

I don't know about Neeson or how seriously they considered him. Brosnan's screentest from 1986 was available so they didn't test him. I'm sure I read an article once which said that Purefoy impressed and was marked as a future Bond but Barbara wanted Sean Bean. The studio insisted on the Brozzer.

That's interesting I would have loved to see Sean Bean in the role.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    Liam Neeson was at an internett Q & A for one of the major film mags (Empire or Total film). Someone asked if he ever had been approached to play Bond. He replied that he had been approached very strongly. I don't remember the precise words, but bottom line: they wanted him very much
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Eva Herzigovina (the Wonderbra girl) was offered the part of Natalya, but she declined.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I read somewhere that a supermodel was asked to to play Natalya (a part I think Cathrine Zeta-Jones should have done), who was the supermodel?

Elle Macpherson was considered for a Bond girl role in the movie; actresses in consideration were Elizabeth Hurley and Paulina Porizkova.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113189/trivia
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    Thank God Liz Hurley didn't get it!