Ultimate edition: need help!

hope someone can help me, i have all the special edition dvds already but would like to buy the ultimate editions. now i have come accross a problem, i dont know whether to buy the dvds seperately or as the boxed set. it seems to me that everywhere i have looked it is cheaper to buy them seperately cause of the "buy one get one free" deal. However i would prefer the boxed set. can someone tell me if the dvds in the boxed set are exactly the same as the individual ones or are they in the thin boxes like the ones in the "actor" boxed sets, as these seem a little crap to me. Thanks.

Comments

• InfernoInferno Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    You can get the empty dvd boxes on ebay soon as well.

I'd like to know what's different about any newer dvd releases. The sets I have are from '99: The Pride of my DVD Collection.
  • jillmastersonfanboyjillmastersonfanboy Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    these new ones are just restored I would not buy them if u already have the originals but thats just me
  • pompeyjimpompeyjim Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Do the dvds in the boxed set come with the same cases as the individual ones, or are they in smaller thinner ones like the triple packs and actor sets etc... i would like to know because if they are in the thinner ones, i will buy them seperately as i dont like the thin cases.
  • jbfreakjbfreak Posts: 144MI6 Agent
    pompeyjim wrote:
    Do the dvds in the boxed set come with the same cases as the individual ones, or are they in smaller thinner ones like the triple packs and actor sets etc... i would like to know because if they are in the thinner ones, i will buy them seperately as i dont like the thin cases.

The ones in my box set from a few years ago has the same cases as the individuals, I'm not sure about the new sets though.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Think there the same as the individuals. But maybe someone who has them can comment to confirm. Cheapest I have found the cardboard cased box set is £140. Think you can get them individually for about £110. So you got to decide is the presentation box worth £30. The attache case, cheapest I seen is about £200, so is the case worth £100?
  • pompeyjimpompeyjim Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Yeah thats about the prices ive seen, only problem with individuals is trying to find somewhere that has them all at the same time.
    I think I would go for the cardboard box set, and I probably will when I can afford it.
  • col007col007 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    am buying the era boxsets instead i think that works out even cheaper
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Personally i would buy the box set of the seperate ones because it would feel more 'like a collection' than just having a bunch of singles.

There are big differences between the special edition DVDs (99-2002 i think) and the ultimate edition.

There are alot more special features, commentarys etc.

The commentarys can be the same and the documentarys are the original Patrick Macnee/and that lady ones.

The Menus are all uniform compared to the special edition ones.

The picture and the sound quality is better.

GET THE BOX SET!!!
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
    Box set is going to hold it's value a bit better I would imagine. Until the next one is realeased.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Does the boxset have all the extras i.e commentries/behind the scenes as the individual would have?
    They must do the films are still 2 disc in the box set.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    edited December 2006
    Guys , some of u are going around in circles here

The discussion is not the Special Editions v the Ulimate Editions - but the Ultimate Editions in attache cases vs Ultimate Editions cardboard Box (vs triple sets)

As far as I know the DVD case discs and Contents in the Ultimate Edition Attache case are exactly the same as the Dark Cardboard box edition.

Although I bought the attache case I would have preffered the Cardbox for storage and dislay purposes. It's quite tricky to store ir make a silver attache case blend into the surroundings

for a discussion on SE vs UE see here
    http://ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=25516&cpage=7
  • hyperplhyperpl Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi there,

If you bought the attache case version, would you consider selling the case to me and i could give you the card board box?
    Look on ebay. I have seen several attache cases being sold seperately.