Paul Antony ?

I have picked up a book called Ian Fleming's Incredible Creation and I wonder if anyone knows anything about one of its writers, Paul Antony? He is described in the book as Fleming's "drinking partner," but I see no mention of him in Fleming biographies or in Google (aside from mentions of this book).

http://www.bondian.com/books/42190368.html

Comments

• Scribe74Scribe74 San FranciscoPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Interesting . . . I checked the index of Andrew Lycett's definitive Fleming biography -- and John Pearson's fine work, too -- and found no listing for Paul Antony. Perhaps he got inebriated one evening and just thought he was drinking with Fleming . . .
  • Reed BookmanReed Bookman Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I wondered, too, if that might be the case. I've found a reference to the book's publisher, Novel Books, that says it was "an obscure 1960s publisher of sleaze paperback originals." Judging by some of its other titles I found on abebooks.com, that is true.
  • Scribe74Scribe74 San FranciscoPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    I wondered, too, if that might be the case. I've found a reference to the book's publisher, Novel Books, that says it was "an obscure 1960s publisher of sleaze paperback originals." Judging by some of its other titles I found on abebooks.com, that is true.

Hmmmm . . . sounds to me like Mr. Antony was full of it!