Dell DeatonDell Deaton Posts: 159MI6 Agent
edited January 2007 in Off Topic Chat
@.

Comments

• Dell DeatonDell Deaton Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    @.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    I guess we've all seen the advance Post Card for the Danbury Mint Futura Batmobile that never was.

Okay, so I'm NOT out of my mind: I was certain I had gotten something (filed-away here someplace) from Danbury regarding the Barris which is why I was so utterly disapppointed in the model they eventually released.
    So I was skeptical when I heard an interview on "The Car Show" here on WJR in Detroit (originating from The Peterson Museum?) where Mr. Barris said a deal had been inked for his car.

Fan as I am (though clearly not on your level), I've yet to ever see a Batmobile first hand. I had no idea one had been on display at the Peterson for months; I was there the day after! Same for SEMA; the year I don't go, they show the Barris (I've seen the Keaton car ... nice ... I guess).

LOL! I almost referenced that in my reply back in the original thread! Yup, just ended with one bidder taking it at the $3,500. Wonder what it cost originally? I was sorely tempted but, again, I don't need to be collecting Bamobiles.

Interesting listing: There are clearly two photos included of a REAL Batmobile in someone's garage. One of the Barris showcars or ... ? You can buy knock-offs: http://www.thebatcave8k.com/1966batmobile.htm
  • Dell DeatonDell Deaton Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    @.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    ... I actually own a 1:6 model of the BWM motorcycle from Tomorrow Never Dies and it's huge (at least so relative to my use and interests). Can you imagine what you'd have to do to make a good presentation of a 3' to 4' Batmobile?

I have that same model and started to set it out now that I have display space but finally put it back in the box for the very same reason: I could have one unlicensed bike on show or more Sideshow figures; I went the, er, known entity.