Total bond admissions

jrdoo7jrdoo7 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
i found a list of tickets sold for every bond film except cr. this is a way to judge what films were the most successfull. for inflation, all you have to do is take the number i put by the films and mulitply with the average a ticket today. that how much for a particular film would make by today's prices. these are all in the millions. also fwl and dr now were released twice.
1. thunderball-166
2. goldfinger-130.1
3. from russia with love-95.3
4. live and let die-91.6
5. moonraker-85.1
6. spy who loved me-84
7. you only live twice-81.7
8. goldeneye-81.2
9. die another day-78.6
10. the world is not enough-77.1
11. tomorrow never dies-75.5
12. for your eyes only-72.9
13. dr no-72.1
14. diamonds are forever-70.3
15. ohmss-62.4
16. octopussy-59.5
17. man with golden gun-51.6
18. living daylights-48.9
19. a view to a kill-44.5
20. license to kill-39.1

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    That's really interesting I would have expected the new films to have sold considerably more tickets than the older ones. Maybe lots of people went to the cinema back then.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    That's a much better system than what we have in place today, jrdoo7. I assume it's just for the US?
    In any case, I wonder why the cinemas don't give us this kind of information instead? It's much more accurate.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    It's too bad studios don't release DVD and VHS sales (although I suppose those numbers change regularly). In an era of before home theater, it seems very probable that people went to the cinemas more often.
  • jrdoo7jrdoo7 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    no that is for the world. the number represent millions. thunderball was 166 million and so forth.
    asio wrote:
    That's a much better system than what we have in place today, jrdoo7. I assume it's just for the US?
    In any case, I wonder why the cinemas don't give us this kind of information instead? It's much more accurate.
  • jrdoo7jrdoo7 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    it was cheaper to go back then plus frwl and dr no was released twice. i think people forget how huge thunderball and goldfinger was when they came out.
    s96024 wrote:
    That's really interesting I would have expected the new films to have sold considerably more tickets than the older ones. Maybe lots of people went to the cinema back then.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    There's a link to US and World admissions in this thread:

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/index.php?showtopic=37955

CR is estimated at about 70 a couple days ago...