Police officer in DAF and LALD

Remember the police chief who leads the chase against Bond and Tiffany in Las Vagas in DAF? I was watching LALD and the oficer in charge of the bridge "roadblock" during the speedboat chase looks very similar - could it be the same actor who played both??

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Clifton James played Sheriff J.W Pepper in LALD. He also played the same charector in TMWTGG. I think this was the only two movies Clifton appeared in.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,189Chief of Staff
    Remember the police chief who leads the chase against Bond and Tiffany in Las Vagas in DAF? I was watching LALD and the oficer in charge of the bridge "roadblock" during the speedboat chase looks very similar - could it be the same actor who played both??

Yes, it's the same guy! (Not Clifton James)
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Yes, the guy is named Leeroy Hollis. He was an American stunt driver and received these parts as a part of his excellent job.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,473MI6 Agent
    They should have got Sheriff Pepper for AVTAK!

The cheif officer in the AVTAK chase was played by Joe Flood.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

Yes, it's the same guy! (Not Clifton James)

I apoligize. I thought the original poster meant the actor playing J.W. Pepper. I guess I should watch LALD again.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • The Home SecretaryThe Home Secretary Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    James also played a redneck policeman in Silver Streak (also featuring Richard Kiel as a steel-toothed villain!) and even one on The Dukes of Hazard!

Some actors just own their roles...