Basic 007 Questions From A Yank

Hello all!

I've recently decided to look into getting some 007 gear (I generally go to a costume party later in the year, and find its best to start looking very early).

Since I'm in the US, purchasing some items seems to be a little tougher. Ebay has items once in a while, but they're either of poor quality or too expensive.

I was lucky to find a vendor that sells what looks like a nice PPK airsoft replica that is in my price range - http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=411

The problem is - they don't sell a holster for it! So now I'm kind of stuck, because I'd like the shoulder holster Brosnan was sporting in TWINE (I believe it was TWINE, anyway), where it it had a smaller pocket for the silencer. If anyone has any information on such a holster - or if they have any other recommendations as to the type of PPK replica, I would be much in your dept.

Also - suggestions for reliable online stores others here have used would be welcome.

Comments

• Mr HendersonMr Henderson Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Why not attend a few actual gunshows and look at what is available. The idea of buying an $85 shoulder holster for an airsoft gun makes me cringe a bit. Paul Evers is the company that makes the nicest English carrying rigs for special units and the military, so even if the movie didn't use Paul Evers holsters, that is what real agents and the SAS used.

Have you considered making a holster yourself??? with an outlay of maybe $12 you could turn out a decent effort and still have a skill to use later on. A bit of research will land you on the idea that there is a lot more out there than just a PPK, and the costume would be better if yu began with some English shirts and the ability to tie a decent tie. Windsor collar and a double Windsor knot are what is most appropriate for an ex-Navy Commander. I suppose yo were not aware that the type of shoes worn are about as important, and more noticed than a hidden holster, and the idea of building any costume from the inside out is a bit silly, don't you think?
  • barracudabarracuda CataloniaPosts: 97MI6 Agent
    ...the costume would be better if yu began with some English shirts and the ability to tie a decent tie. Windsor collar and a double Windsor knot are what is most appropriate for an ex-Navy Commander.
    Bond doesn't trust men who wear a tie with a Windsor knot as he thinks it shows too much vanity; unless you're dressing as Red Grant then stick with a regular knot.
    'Yes, dammit, I said "was". The bitch is dead now.'
    The James Bond Dossier | SPECTRE | Q-Branch James Bond Podcast
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    If you re-check the site, Speedtoys does offer some shoulder holsters. I don't know if you know your PPKs, but the item you linked to (although looking similar) is actually a Mauser. For some reason they don't seem to offer any PPKs, although there are some P99s on offer, which (for some reason) they label as K99.