Home Theatre Systems

AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
Just bought my first, an 800 watt Sony HTS from Walmart. Being a newbie to the experience of surround sound in the privacy of your own home, this has blown me away. It makes public domain films released on budget labels sound great. I can't wait to try the Ultimate JB sets.

Just had to brag. This sort of thing can put a fellow in a good mood. If you know what I'm saying.-{

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    So this means weekly screenings of all the JB movies at Alexs right? Enjoy your new system, and turn it up real loud!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Thanks!! {[]
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    Congrats Alex. {[]

you're going to have a ball reaqauinting yourself with your movie collection. If you want to give your system a workout, make sure to crank up that subwoofer and check out some of the Star Wars movies.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Star Wars movies are pretty awesome as Home Theatre testers. I'm in the middle of a long process of replacing my center channel. So for now I have to listen to movies in Stereo, which isn't actually that bad as my front speakers are great, but it is still annoying.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Alex, welcome to the club -{

Don't forget to turn the dial all the way up to eleven ;)
    YNWA 97
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    But be careful not to blow the fuses of your speakers if they aren't high quality. Hence my search for a new center channel. I've blown at least 3 if not four of them. Time to get one that won't be destroyed. :))
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    Just bought my first, an 800 watt Sony HTS

I'm sure by now you should know how everything operates. If I remember correctly you're a Metallica fan? If so, may I suggest the DVDs of Symphony & Metallica, Cunning Stunts and Binge & Purge: Live S..... you should know the rest ;)

Remember to turn it up real loud.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope