The Jump - Goldeneye

Something that has always puzzled me is why did Bond jump off the damn in Goldeneye?

Is that the only way to get down to the Russian base or did he want to avoid being spotted, even though we see him running along the damn before jumping!

179742413_f8df77adc7_m.jpg

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    I'm sure it wouldn't be the only way down, otherwise everyone would have to bungee jump down. It was probably a more stealthfull way to get down there. It's a good introduction scene for the film rather than watching him walk down thousands of steps or something.
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    There is a huge deleted scene on the UE dvd's which was supposed to go before the jump. They didn't put it in THANK GOD.

Check it out though.

My question is..... Where is the runway in relation to the damn???? ?:)
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Where is the runway in relation to the damn?

That is actually the Swiss Alps. I believe this is near to the place where they shot the damn jump.
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    Location is a good question. The aerial shot at the end of the PTS shows the entire facility. What happened to the lake and dam from which Bond made the jump? It is nowhere to be seen.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    I wondered the same thing, even in the videogame, where you can kinda guess where everything is located with the map layouts of the levels and all...
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    edited February 2007
    So let's get this straight. Bond jumps WAAAAAAAY DOWN the side of a dam, right? Uses a laser to cut through the roof, and go down into the lavatory. He then proceeds down the stairs, where he meets 006. The two are seen coming up from the floor into a hallway, where they enter the area with the gas tanks. They then go down the stairs to plant the mines. When Bond emerges from the facility, he's back to the top of the mountains and seemingly far from the dam. :s
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Yes it does have pretty terrible location continuity, {[]
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    So let's get this straight. Bond jumps WAAAAAAAY DOWN the side of a dam, right? Uses a laser to cut through the roof, and go down into the lavatory. He then proceeds down the stairs, where he meets 006. The two are seen coming up from the floor into a hallway, where they enter the area with the gas tanks. They then go down the stairs to plant the mines. When Bond emerges from the facility, he's back to the top of the mountains and seemingly far from the dam. :s

:))
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -