Time to lobby EON?

This October it's gonna be (thinks) 45 years since the first James Bond film was released...

How about EON getting its act together and re-releasing some mint prints at a big cinema in London's West End, for instance Empire Leicester Square? Maybe it's all booked ahead, but they could have matinee showings, as they did a few months ago with a scrappy print of Thunderball and The Spy Who Loved Me, among others.

It's not like it's going to clash with another Bond film going out. Bond 22 is the end of next year.

How about it?
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Not sure. 50 would be a good milestone to do something. With the success of CR you would think they would try and milk it.
  • Bill TannerBill Tanner "Spending the money quickly" iPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    I think it's the wrong time - as said above, 50 years is not too far away and excuse enough for a huge celebration; having one now might only serve to undermine that.

The other reason is the reboot/rebirth/reincarnation - call it what you will, EON are keen to reinvigorate the franchise and trotting out the same old hoary clips of Sean, Roger et al doing their stuff won't do much for the cause.

Perhaps something low-key, such as you were suggesting with re-issued prints, otherwise I'd wait. Roll-on 2012...