Bond photos with signatures

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who wants to sell a set of photos of all James Bond actors prior to Daniel Craig, which are autographed by the actors.
Here is what my friend wrote to me:
"It is a picture of every actor, prior to Daniel Craig, who ever played James Bond and each photo is signed (original, genuine signatures) by the actor."

She wants to know what this is worth first of all, and then would like to sell it. She originally e-mailed me asking with help putting it on ebay, but I think it may be better to sell it in a forum like this.

She says she has photo(s) available as well. I assume she has some documentation that goes along with it.

Comments

• condicondi Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Hello..... anyone out there?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The reason, why you don't get a reply on this may be the fact, that buying autographs from unknown sources is very tricky, as there are many fakes out on the market. And a picture would help members on the forum to decide, if they are interested or not.

Welcome to the forum and we hope to see you on the discussion side as well.

Greetings

Markus
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Indeed need some photos.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Indeed, we would need to see some pictures before analysing.

Sean Connery - £50 - £120
    George Lazenby - £20 - £40
    Roger Moore - £30 - £70
    Timothy Dalton - £40 - £70
    Pierce Brosnan - £30 - £50
    Daniel Craig - £50 - £90
    Hi again, sorry for the delay in me replying to everyone's helpful comments.

Here is a link to the photo of the piece http://urld.ca/picture%20002.jpg

I am thinking of putting it up on ebay if no one here is interested in a private sale. Do you guys have any tips on selling this there, and a recommend Buy it Now amount?
    Where did they get that from?
    What is that!!

Those have to be the worst fakes I have ever seen.
    What is that!!

Those have to be the worst fakes I have ever seen.

Oh come on the PB one looks pretty kosher. :p
    If you want to call it that then....;)

We are trying to eliminate fakes, and we get some minor with no competence and therefore regards this as authentic! :o
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    condi wrote:
    I am thinking of putting it up on ebay if no one here is interested in a private sale. Do you guys have any tips on selling this there, and a recommend Buy it Now amount?

If you put these up on ebay, you'll clearly commit betrayal.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Mr Saint John SmithMr Saint John Smith UKPosts: 430MI6 Agent
    fake fake fake fake fake!!!
    Don't mean to have a personal go at you condi but, there are lots of genuine collectors who have spent years looking for the genuine piece and the new collectors who aren't experienced who may presume your set to be authenic and therefore is totally unaware that they have bought something worthless!!

There are a few guides to help. http://www.ajb007.co.uk/articles/007/fake-autographs/
    So you guys think its a fake?

She purchased it at a charity auction...

Can I ask why everyone thinks it is fake?

I am not a collector and neither is she; she purchased it for the cause of the charity. She has no use for the piece and wants to sell it.
    People need to be more careful as with collecting anything. I highly doubt condi knew it was fake when posting on here. It's a shame people buy these and believe they are the genuine article and innadvertently are supporting the fakes market. If everyone was more careful in what they bought. there would be no money in the fake market and they would quickly dissapear.

Do your research people.
  • Mr Saint John SmithMr Saint John Smith UKPosts: 430MI6 Agent
    It's fake cause alot of those signatures look nothing like the real signatures.

She was ripped off by a charity or the charity didnt know they were fake - she cant sell them as there fake if she does thats not fair to other people
    Yes, it was actually a charity auction full of doctors (she is one as well). She paid $2000 CAD for it, which is a good chunk of money. She will be disappointed to learn that its a fake.

Are you guys absolutely certain without a doubt that this is fake?
    Yes, absolutely certain. That is 100% FAKE!!!!
    Okay; what do you guys recommend she do with the piece? Should she try and contact the people who ran the auction, as to come in contact with the people who would have donated the piece for auction?
    It's entirely up to her.

IMO you should bin it!
    Well if you bought a $2,000 gold ring and found out it was made of plastic, would you try and get your money back?
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    IM SURE YOUR FRIEND BOUGHT IT IN GOOD FAITH, NOT KNOWING WHAT THE REAL SIGNATURES WERE LIKE, BUT I CAN ALSO ADD THAT ALL THE SIGNATURES ARE VERY FAKE INDEED. IF YOUR FRIEND BOUGHT THIS FROM SOME PRAT, SO SHE COULD DONATE THE PROCEEDS TO CHARITY, THEN I HOPE THE SELLER WHO SOLD HER IT ROTS IN HELL, THESE PEOPLE ARE DISPICABLE.
    s96024 wrote:
    Well if you bought a $2,000 gold ring and found out it was made of plastic, would you try and get your money back?
    Absolutely- I will pass all this info on to her this evening.
  • autographareaautographarea Posts: 356MI6 Agent
    Any news in this case??
    Yes, I gave my friend the information you guys provided, and she then went to the charity with the information. The charity agreed to give her a full refund in exchange for the item. Thanks a lot for your advice everyone.