David Tennant's Bond Fantasy

From the Daily Mirror.

MY BOND FANTASY

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/tm_headline=my-bond-fantasy&method=full&objectid=18860668&siteid=89520-name_page.html

DOCTOR Who star David Tennant wants to go from saving the world to destroying it - by becoming a James Bond baddie.

The 35-year-old, who has been inundated with offers of TV and film work following his success as the Time Lord, said: "I'd like to be a Bond baddie.

"They always have some disability, don't they? I could have one leg and be stroking a chicken saying 'I've infected the world with bird flu'."

But Tennant ruled out replacing the current 007 Daniel Craig. He said: "I think that job's taken for a while - mind you I said that about Doctor Who."

In this Saturday's BBC1 show the Doctor meets William Shakespeare, played by Shameless star Dean Lennox Kelly. Writer Russell T Davies said: "It's one of our most ambitious projects."

Comments

• DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Anyone here think he'd make a good villain? Just leave out the amputation and stroking a chicken - that would be an insult to Blofeld - and I would be fine with it
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I like Tennant, but I personally have no desire to see him stroking his chicken in a movie. Besides, I'm not sure the ratings boards would allow that to be shown!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,705MI6 Agent
    Or indeed choking one! :D

He was a good evil villain in Harry Potter; I could see this.
  • NaNadjaNaNadja Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    I think it's a great idea. I think he'd make a nice villain. With a chicken or without. I personally fancy the 'I've infected the world with bird flu' - theory. ;)
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Its just a fantasy for media attention.

The new series of 'Doctor Who' has just started in the UK. Tennant doesn't need to scramble for attention. He's practically in every magazine going, except for the ones on the top shelf. :D I think an interviewer asked him a question about Bond and he answered it. No ulterior motives there. Craig was asked a similar question last year about DW, because his 'Our Friends in the North' co-star Christopher Eccleston had made such a success in the role. It's no real surprise if actors are asked questions about the UK's biggest film franchise or the most succesful show on British TV at the moment.
    John Drake wrote:
    The new series of 'Doctor Who' has just started in the UK. Tennant doesn't need to scramble for attention. He's practically in every magazine going, except for the ones on the top shelf. :D

Oh I dunno; apparently he was interviewed in 'Attitude' the other day. Not too top shelf, but close enough! :)
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Bond reference in the latest episode of 'Doctor Who.' Tennant's Doc donned a tux, to attend a black tie event, and his assistant Martha, commented that he looked quite Bondish. I thought Tennant wore it quite well, but not in a 007-way. I do think he'd make a super-suave villain though.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    As much as I think he's an all-round top bloke, he just looks a little 'too barking mad' for Bond. ;) Wouldn't knock him back in a villian role though.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    I think that he'd be good as a mega-rich psycho type villian - kind of Max Zorin like...
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Sergi Lopez. (not necessarily a thread hijack, just a drive-by ;) :p )