Dubbing Sucks?

Well, I have no idea if CR DVD region 1 or 2 has an audio track in Spanish, but here, region 4, for all Latin America, it does.

I've found this and i would like to share here... to see some of you opinions, to see if those voices are cool or what.

Is a short scene, it doesn't has subtitles, but hey, pretty much everybody knows those lines.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNVKYA1IRQc

Comments

• taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    That didnt take long, its already been removed.

However, the dubbers do the best they can with the dialogue and so forth, however second rate it may come across as being.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    It always looks terrible but unless some how you alter how the actors mouth moves then you can't help it. Sometimes they pick the wrong voice as well. The lesson is learn English :D.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Doesn't seem too bad to me. Often times for me, the incongruity in dubbing is not with the lips synching with the words, but rather the vocal emotions matching with the mannerisms. These scenes play very well for me in that regard.

Plus, it sounds that Eva Green is much more coherent in Spanish than she is in English. :p
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    Well. luckily in Latin America you can see the movie in English (they aren't many movies that come here translated, but they appear on dvd or when they run it in tv)but in Spain, well, i believe every movie is dubbed... and personally i don't like that.

They have to change some lines because in English words thed to be shorter, and you can say a lot, in dubbing, the words have to mach when a character's mouth is open, so the "eat" word, or use synonyms.

About CR: the voices are ok, but the acting (as Darenhat said) isn't enough, i mean, look the scene in the hotel, when Bond says "I will" it sound with some irony and / or satisfaction , but in Spanish you doesn't fell the same way.

I don't know the names of the dubbing actors, but i can tell this: M doesn't have the voice that Dench uses in other movies (including the previous Bond films)

and the video still there (but they will take it out verry soon (i think)
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    It looked pretty well done to me. I didn't see any lips moving without sound. I don't speak Spanish, so it's hard to say. I do know, because I speak French, that they typically do an excellent job dubbing English movies, not only matching the dialogue to the movement of the lips, but translating the dialogue accurately and mixing it into the soundtrack realistically. The only quibble I would have with this particular scene is that "Stephanie Broadchest" was apparently not given a Spanish translation, which spoiled the joke and made Vesper protest a bit incomprehensible. Then again, would a Spanish audience know that CR was riffing on the outrageous names of previous Bond girls, which were often a source of humor in the series? I don't know.
  • JohmssJohmss Posts: 274MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    The only quibble I would have with this particular scene is that "Stephanie Broadchest" was apparently not given a Spanish translation, which spoiled the joke and made Vesper protest a bit incomprehensible.

In fact it is... Perhaps in Spain... beats me, but in this video, there are words that mean the same, but aren't as Classy as Broadchest (i mean, they are really ridiculous, and would be like bigbreast or chickenchest in Spanish ) and in fact, lack the seriousness of Bond (the moment) Pussy Galore is Pussy and not "gatita". the reaction could be understanded because she didn't believe the fact that she was her boyfriend.

The idea is to not let the voice float, i mean Bond is everything except a ventriloquist, so he must talk with his mouth open.