00-Quickie: Murder and Retrieve

DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
The scalding summertime sun slightly added to the tension felt by James Bond. Although the breeze coming from the BMW convertible was slightly relaxing, it wasn't doing much to ease the effects of the sun. His mission was a simple one: Murder and Retrieve.

Bond continued down the highway, trying to manage between the torture of the sun and the relaxation of the wind before eventually turning off onto the side-streets, searching for his target location. Casually driving along, Bond eventually slowed his car to a stop when he reached his location, a seemingly unsuspecting house. Bond stepped out of his car, straightened his golf shirt and proceeded to the front door.

Using conventional lock-picking tools, he opened the door and casually entered the house, eager to skip any formalities and get his mission over with. Proceeding into the kitchen, Bond saw his target, a middle-aged man who was between rock-bottom and desperate.

"Well, you appear eager for something. What do you want?" he asked, half-expecting the answer.

"I'm not here for any damn games," Bond coldly answered, "So where the hell is it?"

He desperately laughed. "Yes, that entity your people want so badly." He grabbed his lighter, and while Bond wanted to stop him, he decided to keep his gun concealed for the time being. "Amazing how you government cronies fight over a piece of data."

"Where is it?" Bond stammered through clenched teeth.

The man pulled out a cigarette before heading to a small cabinet to pull out a large envelope containing what Bond wanted. "This?"

"You know the answer to that as well as I do. And I'm not going to waste any time trying to tell you what you and I both already know."

He proceeded to open the envelope, pulling out a DVD. "You know," he began, "if this is going to be inaccessible to me, it shall be inaccessible to-"

He never had a chance to finish his comment or break the DVD as Bond quickly drew his Walther and nailed him perfectly. He grabbed the DVD and to make sure it was genuine, went into the man's office and flipped on his PC. Already bypassing any passworded welcome screens, Bond inserted the DVD and made sure the data was indeed there. When it wasn't Bond cursed himself and began searching the hard drive for the data he was required to retrieve. Within several minutes he located the data, transferred it to the DVD, deleted the files, and shut down the PC before destroying the mainframe itself.

Minutes later, he was back in his car and he eventually would deliver M the retrieved data.

I was bored and I decided to challenge myself by scribbling something up in one hour. I know, it's not the best, and the only thing I edited was a couple of segments I took out and rewrote as I was writing the short story.

Comments

• JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    Not bad. A James Bond short short is a fine idea. I probably would have skipped the driving prolouge and gone directly to the confrontation between the two men. The story would be less hurried that way. I can certainly see Daniel Craig's 007 performing these actions. Keep working. I can tell you had fun writing it. I'd like to read another some time.-{
  • TimDaltonBondTimDaltonBond Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    I liked the story, DAWUSS. Good job!