Vesper's Boyfriend...

urgencesurgences Posts: 4MI6 Agent
goranaa9.jpg

According to the Dark Horizons site, Goran Visnjic, who was was a front-runner to play Bond himself, and is now quiting his show ER is said to be trying out for Vesper's Algerian-French boyfriend.

He has the looks and he is not new to action film genre, so he could possibly serve as a [villainous] "equal" to Bond. However, it might be hard to believe that he is the same "damsel-in-distress" Vesper was trying to save in CR.

normal331072264us4.jpg

Assaad Bouab, French-Moroccan actor. Classy and handsome actor, he would be less made for action and probably more of a conniving role that Le Chiffre had (not necessarily villainous), or the role he had in the film "Marock". At the same time he gives off the romantic-type who would give his girlfriend an Algerian love-knot.

A clip of his acting can be seen here:

click on "Extrait 7" to see Assaad

img7325pf9.jpg

David Belle. He's the founder of Parkour, which is described in this link, that was implemented in the Madagascar chase sequence at the beginning of CR. Purely action.

video of David Belle in action

and this one too

18746867kx2.jpg

Malik Zidi (Algerian Father, British Mother) may be good if the role were to be played by someone who truly does not look or seem like an Algerian but really is. He would also be more convincing as a "victim", as the damsel-in-distress Vesper was trying to save.

Comments

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Although it is only a rumor at this point, I actually wouldn't mind if Goran Visnjic got the role of Vesper's French-Algerian boyfriend. He and Vesper would make a charming couple IMO. Although we most likely won't see them together in the flesh, I'm sure Bond will stumble upon some pictures or some home movies (hopefully clean ones :D ).
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    I think if it turned into anything of a sex tape, Bond would shoot the TV in disgust (at least the Craig Bond would - Connery might just flip it off, Lazenby I dunno, Moore would raise his eyebrows watching it, Dalton might actually shoot it as well, Brosnan... well he would probably get depressed and get into a heartfelt conversation with the next Bond girl)

But IMO the last guy would be a good candidate.

Next question: Does Bond kill this guy before the credits roll?
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I like the idea of Goran Visnjic as Vesper's Algerian boyfriend, especially if it turns out that the boyfriend is no "victim" at all, but one of the bad guys all along and just "playing" Vesper. Vesper, as portrayed in CR, is highly intelligent and no fool so you would need an actor
    like Visnjic who has looks, intelligence and charm to be believable as someone she could have fallen for.