FRWL PPK Questions

superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
For the experts regarding the FRWL PPK,

1) What's the story/background about the three nicks, especially the one on the ejection port.

2) Does anyone know if there is a non-firing replica available of this specific PPK, matching its details as close as possible? For example, this PPK has a spur at the bottom of the magazine.

Thanks in advance!

frwl_walther_ppk.jpg
"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited April 2007
    Hey Supes,

Do you mean the three proof marks on the slide breech and frame? If so, these are simply the deactivation proof marks that were stamped in 1995 when it was submitted for deactivation and rendered non firing.

The PPK is quite a common one and they all come with mag with spur as well as a non-spurred mag. The slide markings on the other side not shown are the big give away, the Walther banner is at the forefront of the slide with the lettering to the right and not surrounding the banner. A fairly common PPK as I said, that was used throught Connery's and Moores tenure and probably used by Dalton too. Brozzas PPK had the wording over the banner.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Thanks Asp9mm!

Wow, is that all it was? :)) I thought that the pock marks were intentionally put there by the FRWL effects people for some obscured, unfilmed sequence in which the PPK was damaged or shot at! When this particular PPK went up for auction, I really wished I had disposable cash for it, just because of those markings.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    I would say that this is the best screen used PPK that anyone could wish for, used by Connery in Connery's best film, plus used by Moore too. What more (no pun intended) could a fella ask for. The silencer is one long thing though, has to be over a foot long.
    Asp, I tried googling for an image of a PPK with the wording over the banner, per the Brozzer's, but couldn't find and example. Do you know of pics that you can point me to?
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Just out of curiosity's sake, are there pictures of the silenceR?
    edited April 2007
    Here you go...

Sorry, it's an Eon image and we aren't allowed to show these, but we can link to them. Thanks for understanding.
    Asp, just noticed your sig; that's from Pearson's Authorized Biography of 007, I believe?
    superado wrote:
    Asp, just noticed your sig; that's from Pearson's Authorized Biography of 007, I believe?

It certainly is, splendid book!
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Here you go...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Baptyarchive338.jpg

Sorry, it's an Eon image and we aren't allowed to show these, but we can link to them. Thanks for understanding.

That IS long. Why on earth is it so long?
  • qbviqbvi AustraliaPosts: 254MI6 Agent
    I had emailed the auction house for pics of the other side for confirmation. Did you know that this PPK is actually a 9mm version. Bond is supposed to carry a 7.65mm PPK but Bapty's only had a 9mm version. I had the auction house confirm this. They look identical except for the "9mm" on the left side of the slide. For a good detailed photo RHS see the big tome, James Bond The Legacy.
    A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, you are 100% correct with that, it is a 9mmK. It's main feature was MWTGG, it was in plenty of promo shots and featured in the film throughout.
  • qbviqbvi AustraliaPosts: 254MI6 Agent
    Nightshooter
    Just looking thru old threads and saw yours. Do you still have a pic of the FRWL PPK Silencer? Its no longer on Photobuckets? Thanks
    A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate
    Actually, it was ASP who posted the photo, I was just quoting him. I'd send him a PM asking for a photo, if you can't just go and watch the movies.