A Scary Proposal: Olsen Twins

RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
On AOL today, there is a suggestion that the Olsen twins be Bond women. How anyone could make such a proposal is very disturbing. Not only the proposal itself, but the degree of stupidity is alarming.

***EDIT: Title amended to prevent people from posting the same story. HB***

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    That's not such a bad idea. They could make some good villainess's.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Perhaps this thread should be moved into the Bond 22 forum...

Here's the source RJJB is referring to:

Click Here

I read this earlier too RJJB and was equally disturbed. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it though, you know how these Bond girl rumors usually go. Afterall, wasn't Britney Spears rumored to appear in DAD? Perhaps she was considered to share another on-screen kiss with Madonna's Verity. :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    RJJB wrote:
    On AOL today, there is a suggestion that the Olsen twins be Bond women. How anyone could make such a proposal is very disturbing. Not only the proposal itself, but the degree of stupidity is alarming.

Twins - yes
    Olsen twins - No

They may be a better choice than say, Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan, they're still pretty far low on the list of nominees....
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    This should be in Bond 22 ...

This story is in quite a few of the news articles now.

Apparently they want the girls as good girls, who help Bond on his mission. No sex involved.

The same article also has Goran Visnijic lined up as a villain .

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/Celebrity_gossip_Olsen_sisters_set_for_007_article_120238.html

Don't you just love the usual round of rumours before a new Bond?
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    They look so much like pixies, I think they'd make perfect psychotic twin henchwomen for future Batman movies...then again, Tim Burton isn't in charge anymore!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Hey! They could be named tweedle dumb, and tweedle dumber!
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    DAWUSS wrote:
    RJJB wrote:

Twins - yes
    Olsen twins - No

They may be a better choice than say, Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan, they're still pretty far low on the list of nominees....

Perhaps if they make an 'Agent Under Fire' movie they could be Bebe and Bella, Malprave's henchwomen. :))
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    OK, I'm moving this to the Bond 22 forum. And I just have to say this in regard to the Olsen twins as Bond girls:

YYYEEEEEECCCCHHHHHHH!!!!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    RJJB wrote:
    On AOL today, there is a suggestion that the Olsen twins be Bond women.
    :o NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! X-( X-( X-(
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    RJJB wrote:
    Characters to be named Anna and Rexia, I would imagine. :D
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    RJJB wrote:

That would make anyone nervosa- er, nervous ;%.

To quote Austin Powers: "Twins, Basil! Twins!"
    :)) That would truly be appropiate. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone finds these two appealing. Every time I see this:

[img=http://www.freshdames.com/images/uploads/olsen_twins_2_thumb.jpg]all I can think of is this:[/img]general.jpg
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    If they do appear it better be in a tribute to a certain scene from FYEO
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    THE OLSEN TWINS!?!?!?!? Part of the contract stipulations are that they won’t have any nude or sex scenes in this movie and bla bla bla… How the hell do they go from someone like Caterina Murino to the juvenile Olsen twins???? Why would they do that? Is there going to be musical and dance numbers in the movie too now? What the hell. The fact they are going to be assistants to Bond will just add an unnecessary cheese factor to the movie. And not for nothing, but I think it is a cop out that don’t wish to be portrayed in a sexual way, whats the point of being a Bond girl??? Even the smartest most assertive Bond girl was still somewhat of an object and there is nothing wrong with that. As a woman I don’t think there is anything wrong with a woman being sexy and provocative, I think that people needn’t get their panties in a twist over things like that. How many people were counting down the day till they would be legal for crying out loud. What’s wrong with embracing your womanhood (in a tasteful way of course) and being the sexual being that you are. Or are we going to pretend that Bond never turned into a womanizer and portray all of the women in the next movies like the mom in Leave it to Beaver. I think that it is counterproductive to put these girls in a Bond movie. Bond has always been (especially Daniel Craig) an edgy, sexual, ADULT character. These girls have not done anything in their careers that would convince me that they can contribute anything other than a sing along to this movie, and that would be lame.
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Wasn't there a massive countdown to their 18th birthday anyway.
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    Hardyboy wrote:
    For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone finds these two appealing. Every time I see this:

[img=http://www.freshdames.com/images/uploads/olsen_twins_2_thumb.jpg]all I can think of is this:[/img]general.jpg

If I may say so, I kinda like that little guy... He just needs a shave! :D

I haven't seen pictures of the Olson Twins for a while, but just what on God's Green Earth happened to them?? I remember the Olson craze back in the mid-1990s: they both looked as though they would grow up to become normal, lovely young ladies. Now, for some reason they look like their eyes are ready to pop out of their heads, and one of them looks oddly similar to a vampire with that lipstick...

Was it true, all the tabloids screaming about anorexia and drugs and whatnot? Honestly, I very rarely follow celebrity news. As far as Bond Girls go, I think it goes without saying that appearances aside, there are many more women that are far more deserving of the role than these two. As SB Diamond so perfectly put, we don't need musical numbers in a Bond film. Frankly, if I were old Danny, I'd end up walking off the set. I can see it now...
    "James Bond 007 is at it again."

*Craig stands on the street with a cheesy smile

"But someone has sent two young detectives after him..."

*Olson Twins stare at sidewalk with magnifying glasses while dressed in Sherlock Holmes suits

"It's the evil... Dr. Evil!

*Cut to stock footage of Dr. Evil

"Will Bond save the world from Dr. Evil? And will our heroes get back to class in time!?"

*School bell rings

"Sony Pictures presents: Daniel Craig as 'Somebody's James Bond 007 in... SPY GIRLS 3000!! Only on the Disney Channel!!!

...Bah! Give me another dose of Eva Green, any day. :x :))
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    Oh dear me. Ok I'll just say this. Please let me know when it's done and over with (Bond 22 I mean), and best of luck to Craig and everyone else involved in the movie. I can't endure to go through rumours such as the Olsen twins being the Bond girls. This is just too much to take, even for me. I have to take Craig already without liking him.. but the Olsen twins? They are way too big a punishment even for poor Craig! :))

I mean it, someone please alert me when this is over, so I can look at Bond news again.

PS: Hello everyone.. haven't been here in a long while. Life kind of got messy. Missed you guys. Even if unlike most I don't like Craig or CR. :D
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Hey there Alessandra. Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope life starts looking up for you soon. At least you can joke about the ridculous Olsen twins, things can't be too bad? (there isn't a smiley for "cheer up," so I'll just send lots of :x)
    blueman wrote:
    Hey there Alessandra. Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope life starts looking up for you soon. At least you can joke about the ridculous Olsen twins, things can't be too bad? (there isn't a smiley for "cheer up," so I'll just send lots of :x)

Aww Blueman, thank you! You're so sweet :x. It's been bad.. still going through it, but hey, hopefully things will pick up soon :D

The Olsen twins are the last straw, seriously. I have respect for Craig as an actor and I cringe at the thought of the poor guy having to deal with those two. What is wrong with these people that they come up with new inventive ways to put scorn on the franchise!?:s

I hope this dies very soon. The way it was reported over here, it was even more scary. They were giving it as a done deal, and stating they were discussing contract details already. Blofeld help us. (yes I mean in getting rid of the twins) :))
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    It's funny I totally pictured them in the Sherlock Holmes outfits too! But in all seriousness, they have no business being in a Bond movie. If they want to spice up their acting career and prove they can be "dramatic actresses" they should make some coming of age "Oscar run" movie like "Little Women" or something. They would be soooo out of place in a Bond film just because they are so young. When in the hell have we seen a 20 year old Bond girl? NEVER because a Bond girl isn't actually a girl, but a grown woman with a sex drive and is seasoned in the ways of the world, men and spy games. Doesn't anyone see how wrong it is for them to be in this movie. Like could you seriously imagine one of these little girls holding a gun or telling James that he has to kill somebody, because that would just be disturbing to me. And what happened to the Bond girl image? How do you go from the beautiful, exotic, voluptuous Caterina Murino to these two skinny little girls? I mean if I had to choose a lesser evil I'd at least go with a star like Lindsey Lohan. Though I'm not honestly suggesting her (never ever would I do that) but at least she has the body and sex appeal for it. If they are trying to appeal to a younger audience (why they would do that when CR racked in so much $$$ I have no clue) why would it be to the audience that can't even get into a PG-13 rated movie without a parent and wouldn't even be able to appreciate the mystique that is Bond for its ADULT themes and nature. Or are they just going to dumb it up for the kids, make it a G movie and an insult to everyone else's intelligence. AAAaaahhhhh... Broccoli must be stopped!
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    SB_Diamond wrote:
    AAAaaahhhhh... Broccoli must be stopped!

?:) Broccoli hasn't done anything yet. At the moment this is just a rumour. I would be surprised if either or both of the Olsen twins turn up in Bond 22. Now in a few years time, who knows, but at the moment, this just looks like pure speculation. I wouldn't get too upset about it.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Alessandra wrote:
    I hope this dies very soon.

I'm sure it will. I think its just the usual round of pre Bond casting tosh.

Its amazing how many celebs try and get their names attached to Bond for a bit of free publicity.
  • The Sly FoxThe Sly Fox USAPosts: 467MI6 Agent
    Well, one must remember that this always happens before a Bond film is released. Remember the fuss about Marilyn Manson as Le Chiffre in CR? This obviously didn't come true (and for good reason!!). In fact if I remember correctly, that was hardly even suggested officially--it was all speculation from tabloids and whatnot. I'm quite sure Eon is smart enough not to cast these two and turn Bond 22 into a G-rated musical... Now Sony's a different story. Their marketing intelligence is more than questionable: PS3, anyone? ;)

Of course, don't let me stop the comments--this whole idea is actually quite amusing... 8-)
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Of course, don't let me stop the comments--this whole idea is actually quite amusing... 8-)

I agree with Fox on this; this topic is actually very entertaining and funny. :D -{
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    The Sly Fox is absolutely right: this is a silly rumour! Remember when the press said Jessica Simpson was going to be Vesper Lynd? This brings it all back ..
    Number24 wrote:
    The Sly Fox is absolutely right: this is a silly rumour! Remember when the press said Jessica Simpson was going to be Vesper Lynd? This brings it all back ..
    Jessica Simpson as Vesper Lynd? :o Absurd! Alsmost as absurd as Eva Green as Vesper Lynd! :p :D
    edited May 2007
    Dan Same wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Jessica Simpson as Vesper Lynd? :o Absurd! Alsmost as absurd as Eva Green as Vesper Lynd! :p :D

:)) :))

The Olsen twins would play what.. Daisy Duck and Minnie Mouse as the Bond girls? No wait, Daisy Duck in particular has an edge to her that the Olsen twins do NOT have. :D
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Welcome back to the forum Alessandra.
    Welcome back to the forum Alessandra.

Thank you Arthur! {[]. Incidentally, who's the hottie in your avatar? Just so that I can tell him to beware of the Olsen twins arriving. :))