Villains - What actors do you want?

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
Sorry if this has been discussed before.

What actors would you like to see as villains in future Bond films?

I would personally love to see Nicholas Cage as a villain. I think he could actually be quite menacing!

Then there's a British actor, Chris Barrie. Well known for playing 'Rimmer' in the british sit-com, 'Red Dwarf'. An outrageous and random choice for a villain, but I think he would make a brilliant villain.

What's your thoughts? What actors would you like to see as villains?
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Assuming that the organization behind LeChiffre is SPECTRE (Hoping in my case), I would love to see Patrick Stewart as Blofeld. I can't think of a better situation.

If Vesper's Algerian Boyfriend is the villain as rumored, Vincent Cassel would be my ideal choice.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Andy A 007 wrote:
    Assuming that the organization behind LeChiffre is SPECTRE (Hoping in my case), I would love to see Patrick Stewart as Blofeld. I can't think of a better situation.

If Vesper's Algerian Boyfriend is the villain as rumored, Vincent Cassel would be my ideal choice.

Interesting idea about Blofeld. However, I wouldn't really want to see SPECTRE return, as I see SPECTRE as belonging to the Connery era only.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• wollastonbluewollastonblue Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    I know he has said he would love to do it already. But I think he would make a great villain would be David Tennant. He is absolutely brilliant as Doctor Who.

Other than that, what about completely bucking the trend and having a female as the main villain. I know we have them as henchman, but he its different.

The other idea going round the pub, would be for David Suchet to play Le Gerant, of they were to put the Union into the film series.
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Andy A 007 wrote:

While I could live with Patrick Stewart as Blofeld, and think with proper marketing it could draw in vast crowds, I'd prefer Anthony Hopkins (if we were forced to pick a big name. But David Suchet would make a brilliant Blofeld, too.

So you could count the aforementioned as actors who I would have liked to see as Bond villains. I can see where you're coming from, Jarvio, with your Chris Barrie suggestion. It's always fascinating seeing comic actors play dark villains. One such example is Robin Williams in One Hour Photo. I also reveled in watching Harrison Ford, everyone's favourite action hero, play a sinister murderer in What Lies Beneath, and Henry Fonda in Once Upon a Time in the West. So I think it might be a good idea to pick someone who initially might seem a ridiculous choice, and then totally change the public's perception of them.

Tobin Bell of Saw fame might be an interesting pick.

Also Ron Rifkin would make a superb Blofeld. If you don't know him, I sincerely recommend getting hold of the opening two seasons of Alias.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Please, Please no more bald Blofelds!!! The first one was horrible, the second hideous and the third a joke!

Best Blofeld was Anthony Dawson, so someone in his mold (craggy faced like Mr. White) would be great.

While I love CR'06, LC could have done without the Blofeld like scar,....

Modern villians working for an mysterious orgainzation would be the best. Would like to see "unknowns" like Mads ...surprise me!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent
    I completely agree with 7298, and I'll try to surprise him:
    Mikael Presbrandt is one of Swedens best known actors who plays both leads and supporting roles in cinema, theatre and TV. He plays both heroes and villans, but he often plays arrogant men with a hint of something twisted. He is also considered one of Swedens most attractive men.
    He is tall with a good voice.
    Here is his IMDB entry:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0675409/
    Note the b/w IMDB picture of him and Mads Mikkelsen!
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    7289 wrote:
    Please, Please no more bald Blofelds!!! The first one was horrible, the second hideous and the third a joke!

Yes, Patrick Stewart is bald, but that's not why I suggested him. I suggested him because he's a great actor with amazing presence, the type of overwhelming presence needed for Blofeld.

Just had an idea. How 'bout Johnny Depp as a Bond villain? I'm sure what most people are thinking as they read this is, "Johnny Depp is way to big a star and would take the limelight from Daniel Craig." I personally don't see it that way. Daniel Craig has earned his superstardom by now and would rival Depp in a film, especially his next Bond film, with considerable ease.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited June 2007
    I rather like the rumour about former Bond hopeful Goran Visnjic as Vesper's French-Algerian boyfriend---ultimately revealed as the villain of the piece.

Failing that, I'm really hoping they'll give us a more mature (55+) villain. Patrick Stewart would be great. I'd like to see a bit of 'old school' Bond villainy :v B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I like Mads very much - and prefer the suggestively sinister to the OTT! But to make a repeat of Le Chiffre in the next film would be boring. Bond villians should be very non-English (lets out Stewart IMO) - more like Von Sydow.

I don't think Vesper's lover should be a bad guy, prehaps a good-looking dead man, since "the organization" would have no need to keep him alive after Vesper's death.

The Bond films were at their best when SPECTRE was a shadow organization, lead by the obscured Blofeld. I think Bond should never actually confront the mysterious "No.1", maybe he should get close ...but never catch up.
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    I think Rutger Hauer would make a brilliant villain. I've been a fan since "Blade Runner."
    He's cool, intelligent, and can project a truly chilling malevolence.
    As Mr. White's employer we could see him early,
    eliminating his employee. Instead of concentrating on revenge however he focuses on his latest scheme, the release of a deadly virus
    throughout central Europe. Bond is sent to stop him.
    Another fine choice would be Liam Neeson. His villainous turn in "Batman Begins" was impressive. Armand Assante would also be quite menacing.
    All three of these actors have 'cool.' Bond is cool. Give him a villain to matchB-)
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    Many good calls. I'd say Bill Nighy. Good actor, classy, not overtly slimy, he could make a good villain in the Drax tradition, adding a little understated eccentricity. Kristatos with a dash of self-irony.
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    JADE66 wrote:
    I think Rutger Hauer would make a brilliant villain. I've been a fan since "Blade Runner."
    He's cool, intelligent, and can project a truly chilling malevolence.

{[] Hauer is one of the finest screen actors around IMO. I'd rather have seen him play a villain in the 70's or 80's when he was at his peak in terms of physicality. But he would still make a pretty good meglomaniac.
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    Well if I need to think of someone who gives me the creeps, and can be the worst of villains, then definitely William Dafoe. God he is so creepy that he doesn't need to act to be the villain, he just is IT.

I think John Malkovic could also be an alternative, but he would completely steal the show then..not to mention Kevin Spacey who would be awesome. But nobody would watch Craig at that point IMO.

I also think Ron Rifkin did an excellent job as Sloane on Alias, and he'd be a great Bond villain. Or Julian Sands, whom I noticed when he played George Emerson in "A room with a view" so a completely different kind of movie, but who has been excellent as the baddie in last season's 24.
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    I would have never thought of Kevin Spacey but he is a great actor and would make a perfect villain.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
    I think it's wrong to cast actors who have played villans several times before. It's unimaginative and tired, particularely because there are so many other good actors who can be used. Stars should generally be avoided, but they can be used if they are cast against type. Peter Fonda in "Once upon a time in the west" springs to mind at once. I have suggested Richard Gere and Viggo Mortensen, but under considerable doubt.
    Character actors, particularely from abroad are usually the best.
    I like the idea of a villain being similar to Bond. Similar age, similar physique, similar class, and similar skills. It would be great as Bond would have an equal match. That's something that made Scaramanga a great villain, as he was similar to Bond in many ways.

• mhousty007mhousty007 IrelandPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    I've been saying for years that I would love to see Patrick Stewart as a Bond villain, its great to see that others share this opinion! I think Sir Ian McKellen would be awesome as well. He could be a Scaramanga type villain. He may not be of similar age, physique etc but he has amazing charisma and deadly charm. (well, he does as magneto in the x-men movies!)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I'm sort of with Number 24 on this one. While I don't think it's "wrong" to cast an actor who's played villains before (think of all the rich villainous roles played by Basil Rathbone, Peter Lorre, and the like), I'd like EON to once again think outside the box. As others have said, Mads Mikkelsen worked as a villain because he was largely unknown and we didn't know what to expect. If we were to have a baddie played by Malkovich or Alan Rickman or someone like that I think we'd spend too much time thinking of previous roles and waiting for the actor's "characteristic" moments or to do something that would really surprise us.

Also, when CR was in production it was kind of easy to play the game of "Who should be the villain?" since we had Fleming's description of Le Chiffre to go by. This time we have no idea what the filmmakers are coming up with. A megalomaniac bent on world domination? A middle eastern terrorist? A billionaire with a plan to enrich his own wealth? A simple spy with knowledge that could destroy the west? I hope that Purvis, Wade, and Haggis create an interesting character first and that the producers go about casting the right actor second.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    If not Rutger Hauer how about...
    Brendan Gleason, Ian McDiarmid, Gary Sinise, Michael Chiklis, Laurence Fishburne, or the very attractve yet severe Carrie Anne Moss? all cool, all intense, all fine performers with great presence. I'd love to see Carrie Anne Moss take on the role of villain. She's got the acting chops and I think that she could be a formidable opponent for Daniel Craig.-{
  • James F EJames F E Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    I like the idea of a villain being similar to Bond. Similar age, similar physique, similar class, and similar skills. It would be great as Bond would have an equal match.

Isn't that what we saw in goldeneye? You just described 006 to a "T".
    To mention Anthony Hopkins, he would make a great M, as would Micheal Cain, if only they would replace Dame Judi....please.
    How about the secret leader of a vast industrial complex organization....Dick Cheney...he even shoots his friends in the face.;) -{
    Yeah good point, we did see that in GE. Which also explains why 006 was also a pretty good villain.

• General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Peter Fonda in "Once upon a time in the west"

You mean Henry, of course! ;)

I want to see a well-established actor play the next villain, regardless of whether or not it's typecasting them. We need an older, more experienced villain (which we haven't really had since Louis Jourdan in Octopussy). I would like to have a recurring villain such as Blofeld once again, even if he's not necessarily the MAIN villain of the film.
    Well established- yes. Famous for playing villans - no.
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    In that case number24 I stand by my point about Ron Rifkin being a really good evil character (Sloane) in Alias.. and Julian Sands in last season's 24.

And Willem Dafoe hasn't been around that much lately. Yet seriously.. CREEPY! :v

If the rumour about Goran Visnjc turns out to be true then it's the same kind of thing.. although he already played the bad guy in "the peacemaker" with George Clooney and Nicole Kidman. And he was good. And despite my protests when his name was made, I will watch the whole movie thinking and wishing HE is 007 and not Daniel Craig. :)) :))
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Here's your next Bond villian...

ronjeremy_287x322.jpg

Someone is financing terrorism through a secret organization called P.O.R.N.... :D
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    I too want Goran Visnjc to play the algerian.
    He both looks like he could be an arab and like the conventional image of Bond. Perfect!
    Despte "The Peacemaker" very few know him from that role. Insofar people know him, they don't assosiate him with villanous roles.
    The others are overused in the villan role.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:

ronjeremy_287x322.jpg

Someone is financing terrorism through a secret organization called P.O.R.N.... :D

:)) I'm drinking a beer, and I've just sprayed that across the room after seeing that picture. :)) Of course, I have no idea who that gentleman is. No. None Whatsoever.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    John Drake wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

:)) I'm drinking a beer, and I've just sprayed that across the room after seeing that picture. :)) Of course, I have no idea who that gentleman is. No. None Whatsoever.

Mmm-hmmm. Well for the sake of playing naive... :v :))

Oh, sorry, that is Ron Jeremy, J.D. Nightshooter's idol. Just Google him but make sure your filter is turned off... :D
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -