Scene in FYEO included in LALD novel?

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
It's been such a long time since I read a Bond book. Infact, the only one I've ever read is LALD.

Now, I may be wrong, but when I watched FYEO the other day, a scene in it reminded me of a part of the LALD book. This was the scene when Bond and Melina were tied together by Kristatos, and tied onto the ship, then the ship sets off, and Bond and Melina are dragged across the sea, with a risk of being eaten by Sharks.

Did this happen in the LALD novel, with Bond and Solitaire, with Kananga behind it all? I could have sworn it was included in that novel, unless I'm going crazy and mixing it up with something else?
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Jarvio wrote:
    It's been such a long time since I read a Bond book. Infact, the only one I've ever read is LALD.

Now, I may be wrong, but when I watched FYEO the other day, a scene in it reminded me of a part of the LALD book. This was the scene when Bond and Melina were tied together by Kristatos, and tied onto the ship, then the ship sets off, and Bond and Melina are dragged across the sea, with a risk of being eaten by Sharks.

Did this happen in the LALD novel, with Bond and Solitaire, with Kananga behind it all? I could have sworn it was included in that novel, unless I'm going crazy and mixing it up with something else?

You're going crazy!In fact,you're insane! :o

Just kidding.:)

It's true...that particular sequence in For Your Eyes Only is directly inspired by the Bond/Solitaire scene in the Live and Let Die novel.In fact,several of the 007 films with either completely original or predominantly original storylines,feature a few moments inspired by the previously unfilmed sequences in some of Fleming's novels and short stories.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    I thought so. Thanks for confirming. It's a great scene. (Great in both the LALD book and the FYEO film)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby