Gassner in, Lamont out of Bond 22

zencatzencat Studio City, CAPosts: 224MI6 Agent
Dennis Gassner will be the production designer of Bond 22, replacing long-time production designer Peter Lamont.

http://commanderbond.net/article/4412
www.thebookbond.com - New Look. New Book. Pure BOND.

Comments

• bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Sounds like a good pick. Forster seems to be putting his stamp on things, and good for him.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    Yes- he's certainly got an impressive CV. Sounds good.
    Sad to see Lamont not involved from a purely sentimental point of view, but I like the sound of a director having his own ideas of how a film should take shape, and Gassner certainly seems to have done very stylish and stylised stuff- could be very exciting.

And Bond's back on skis! :)
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    The end of an era. . . But like Ken Adam's departure after MR, it was inevitable that he would leave at some point - and at least he left on a high note.

I'm excited to see what the new production designer will do, and I wish him every success at filling a huge pair of shoes.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    And Bond's back on skis! :)

Yeah, that right there is one of the best bits of Bond news in a long time, hopefully it's in the vein of OHMSS, that would be truly awesome. :007)
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Golrush007 wrote:
    The end of an era. . .

Is it? It said he was not making Bond 22, he may still return for another outing. I hope - I sure do love his work.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    taity wrote:
    Golrush007 wrote:
    The end of an era. . .

Is it? It said he was not making Bond 22, he may still return for another outing. I hope - I sure do love his work.

To back that up, remember Lamont was busy with Titanic and so he didn't design TND. He may indeed be back in the fold with Bond 23 or 24.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Quite right. A bit of fresh perspective from time to time is a good thing. Still and all, Lamont is in his seventies now, isn't he? I hope he does return, but...nobody holds any job forever---not even at Eon.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    taity wrote:
    Golrush007 wrote:
    The end of an era. . .

I suppose he might return, but by the time Bond 23 goes into pre production he will already be 80 years old - it wouldn't surprise me if he passed the baton on permanently.
  • jacquesboitierjacquesboitier Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    are you interested in col. jacques boitier who was killed by 007 in thunderball ??????
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    Then how come you're posting? Shouldn't you be in the Spirits thread in Off Topic? ?:)
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017