1

Topic: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

what outfit do people think dc looks coolest in ipersonnaly think the casual outfit in the housesinking scene but thats because i prefer more casual attire . intrested in your thoughts on the subject

2

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

probably the blue sunspel polo he wears in the Bahama's or the tuxedo, my opinion anyway

3

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

He looks pretty sharp visiting M's apartment.

4

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Put my vote in for the "M's Apartment Scene" as well.  Honorable mention to the suit and tie at the end of the film as well.

5

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

I really liked the suit that he wore on the train.

6

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

If there's one CR iconic image (associated with clothing) that people are going to remember in 20, 30, 40 years time, it's probably the swimsuit emerging from the sea.

7

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Bill Tanner wrote:

If there's one CR iconic image (associated with clothing) that people are going to remember in 20, 30, 40 years time, it's probably the swimsuit emerging from the sea.

This is, indeed, likely the iconic moment from CR.

I'm also partial to the bathroom scene, where Bond takes a serious look at himself in a tux---is laughed at by Vesper, and then returns to admiring himself   ajb007/cool

Last edited by Loeffelholz (8th Aug 2007 08:22)

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

8

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

I love the final scene when Bond emerges wearing the suit. That was a great scene. ajb007/biggrin (IMO that is the iconic image people are likely to remember; the ocean scene was too similar to another extremely famous ocean scene. ajb007/wink)

"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

9

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Dan Same wrote:

I love the final scene when Bond emerges wearing the suit. That was a great scene. ajb007/biggrin (IMO that is the iconic image people are likely to remember

Also a great scene...all the more effective for the fact that Bond has only been seen, up to that point, in only casual wear---or a tux.  This blue suit announces that 007 is, indeed, "in business."  ajb007/bond

Last edited by Loeffelholz (8th Aug 2007 08:36)

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

10

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Loeffelholz wrote:

This blue suit announces that 007 is, indeed, "in business."  ajb007/bond

Exactly. His wearing the suit, along with his uttering the line after shooting the guy in the leg, still gives me goosebumps. ajb007/biggrin My sister gave me a DVD of CR not so long ago, and the first thing I did was fast-forward to the final scene. It really is a magnificent scene. ajb007/cheers

(BTW, this is completely off topic, but I wonder if Bond 22 will open with Bond 'interrogating' Mr White. ajb007/wink)

Last edited by Dan Same (8th Aug 2007 09:08)

"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

11

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Loeffelholz wrote:
Dan Same wrote:

I love the final scene when Bond emerges wearing the suit. That was a great scene. ajb007/biggrin (IMO that is the iconic image people are likely to remember

Also a great scene...all the more effective for the fact that Bond has only been seen, up to that point, in only casual wear---or a tux.  This blue suit announces that 007 is, indeed, "in business."  ajb007/bond


Apart from the full suit on the train/hotel arrival/Mathis meeting, or the suits in the pre-title and Bahamas.

It's hard to pick a favourite- I really like his light suit when he arrives in the Bahamas; the polo shirt for the M briefing and the Venice outfit is nicely unshowy but still stylish.
Perhaps the coolest one for me is the black and white version of him in the credits! I just really like that simple black suit and tie- he looks very cool in the credits.

12

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Hands down the Connery-esque Goldfinger three-pc. suit at the end where he's holding the assault rifle. I hate the color of that tie but overall very nice... ajb007/cool

Last edited by RogueAgent (8th Aug 2007 14:15)

Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
-Batman: The Brave & The Bold -

13

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

emtiem wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:
Dan Same wrote:

I love the final scene when Bond emerges wearing the suit. That was a great scene. ajb007/biggrin (IMO that is the iconic image people are likely to remember

Also a great scene...all the more effective for the fact that Bond has only been seen, up to that point, in only casual wear---or a tux.  This blue suit announces that 007 is, indeed, "in business."  ajb007/bond


Apart from the full suit on the train/hotel arrival/Mathis meeting, or the suits in the pre-title and Bahamas.

Emtiem, everyone!  [applause]

You're right, of course, but they don't stand out in my memory as much (obviously  ajb007/smile  ) as that suit in the final shots of the film.  Perhaps it's because one expects Bond to be in a suit on an elegant train, or arriving at an elegant hotel...but not necessarily when shooting people's kneecaps with an assault rifle. 

There's something to be said, I suppose, for dressing well during violent activities  ajb007/bond  I'm not sure the rumpled suit-jacket (without tie) in the cricket-field men's room qualifies...but Bond did look good getting off the plane in the Bahamas---once again sans neckwear.

Last edited by Loeffelholz (8th Aug 2007 17:49)

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

14

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Bill Tanner wrote:

If there's one CR iconic image (associated with clothing) that people are going to remember in 20, 30, 40 years time, it's probably the swimsuit emerging from the sea.

I don't remember that. Does it come off after he dives into the sea?  ajb007/confused

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

15

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Loeffelholz wrote:

There's something to be said, I suppose, for dressing well during violent activities  ajb007/bond  I'm not sure the rumpled suit-jacket (without tie) in the cricket-field men's room qualifies...but Bond did look good getting off the plane in the Bahamas---once again sans neckwear.

Yeah, I liked that- he looked good without a tie, and I liked the peaked lapels too.
I'm still not sure about the get-up in the last scene to be honest- up until then he'd been dressing for the occasion perfectly- I'm not sure why you'd be wearing a three-piece by Lake Como. He looked quite cool (v. nice shoes too ajb007/smile ) but also a bit stuffed in. I don't mind it diverging from reality in order to look cool (that's what Bond's about after all!), but it wasn't my favourite look from the film. It's a lovely fun contrast with the rifle of course! ajb007/smile

Utterly OT, but speaking of the pre-credits fight; they had a little snippet on that BBC British films thing the other week of some behind the scenes stuff I hadn't seen before; featuring Bond smashing a urinal over the guy's head! I really hope we get a longer version of that fight at some point- so much seemed to have been cut out.

16

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Loeffelholz wrote:

Emtiem, everyone!  [applause]

You're right, of course, but they don't stand out in my memory as much (obviously  ajb007/smile  ) as that suit in the final shots of the film.  Perhaps it's because one expects Bond to be in a suit on an elegant train, or arriving at an elegant hotel...but not necessarily when shooting people's kneecaps with an assault rifle.

[pedant]How about when he's knifing, punching and shooting people in a suit and tie in the credits? ajb007/wink [/pedant]

17

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

emtiem wrote:

[pedant]How about when he's knifing, punching and shooting people in a suit and tie in the credits? ajb007/wink [/pedant]

Fair enough  ajb007/lol  But perhaps there's a waiver for 2-D animation   ajb007/biggrin

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

18

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Does the chair count as an outfit?  It was the only thing he was wearing ajb007/cool

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

19

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

Loeffelholz wrote:

There's something to be said, I suppose, for dressing well during violent activities  ajb007/bond

That's what I love about Bond. He may engage in ruthless killings but he always looks good doing it. ajb007/biggrin ajb007/bond

"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

20

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

I like nearly all the clothes which DC wears.  The more casual approach suits (no pun intended)the current dressing down culture.

The suit and tie combinations on the train and arriving at the casino are cool - subtle but stylish.

Have my reservations about the outfit in the pre credit bathroom sequence.  It is a blue moleskin two piece suit with a light blue linen shirt and brown chukka boots.  The suit is nice, but the linen shirt seems more appropriate for casual wear with a pair of trousers, and the brown chukka boots seem totally wrong with a suit and a black belt.

21

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

I can't argue with any of your choices. All the clothes looked great. But I'd have to pick the tux, if only because Craig was not supposed to be able to wear one credibly -- if the movie didn't dispense with the fabled tux altogether -- when he was first announced as the new Bond. I still say the tailoring on that dinner jacket was best special effect in the whole movie. And Vesper's casual "I sized you up the minute I saw you," one of the best quips in the whole 007 series. A really sexy, absolutely James Bond moment.

22

Re: coolest outfit dc wears in cr

My vote to the scene in M's home.